• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was on the fence about Pac-Man. He looks pretty nice, but I'm not crazy about him. Ended up skipping him on the pre-order when he disappeared from my cart the first time. If he ends up being a common, chances are I'll pick him up.

Pogonip

Neo Member
The people that managed to get all the way through deserve some congratulations. 3 times I've gotten to the secure payment pages only to get told my payment was declined and an Error message.

Looks like I just don't have the skills to pre order amiibo. Good luck to everyone else still trying!

iiicon

it took forever, but my Ness amiibo order went through. also, at some part of the process, Wario was added to my cart. ah well. I'll take both.

One thing I noticed, the cart button cant be clicked if you just reload the page, YOU NEED to add something to it for it to go clickable :(

Dcube

Got all the way to guest check out before it froze, now I can't even get the main page to load up. Madness.

MarkusRJR

"please select an address" for billing

*blank pop up menu with an infinite twirling circle*

Should I keep waiting or try again?

Anyone knows if during checkout, when you click on the VISA logo, is that supposed to expand the Visa controls or that happens on the next page after clicking proceed?

Weiss

Banned
Won't go to checkout for me at all.

I'm still going to try pre-ordering on Saturday, but if that doesn't work I'm dropping out of collecting. This is too big of a pain.

I FINALLY got an order confirmation

pac-man and ness!

i had to checkout as guest

I didn't put in a billing address just the shipping

Wow, finally!!!!!!

That was an unpleasant 30 minutes of my life.

Tips:

Cart button is not clickable unless you add something to the cart.

What I did:

Add one amiibo, just one
PRess Cart -> checkout
Checkout as guest
Page appears with the items you are ordering
Open a new tab and add other amiibos you want to add by pressing add to cart.
When done refresh the "checkout as guest" tab you had open from step 3
Enter your name
Create a new address (THIS MIGHT TAKE A WHILE TO LOAD< JUST WAIT), there is no indication that is loading, JUST WAIT)
Enter your address (make sure postal code has a space between the first 3 characters and the rest eg: N1N 2W2
After this, the page will become unresponsive, you wont be able to even scroll the page, just WAIT
Select payment method.
Check the "I agree to policy" checkbox
Press Continue
You will now be in the payment website which is outside of EB
Done.

Good luck

Daigr

Thanks everyone.

Got Ness and Pacman.

Sign in as a guest. When I tried to login it wiped my cart and sent me back to homepage.

No issues logging in as guest just takes a little bit to load all the steps.

Those are the only wave 4 that went up today?

Cloudboy

Banned
After being returned to the home page 4 time i got Ness, Pac-Man, Wario, Splatoon 3 pack and a squid boy and girl!
Patience is really needed here. Hope i can pre order the rest of the wave in store tomorrow.

JRBechard

Wow, finally!!!!!!

That was an unpleasant 30 minutes of my life.

Tips:

Cart button is not clickable unless you add something to the cart.

What I did:

Add one amiibo, just one
PRess Cart -> checkout
Checkout as guest
Page appears with the items you are ordering
Open a new tab and add other amiibos you want to add by pressing add to cart.
When done refresh the "checkout as guest" tab you had open from step 3
Enter your name
Create a new address (THIS MIGHT TAKE A WHILE TO LOAD< JUST WAIT), there is no indication that is loading, JUST WAIT)
Enter your address (make sure postal code has a space between the first 3 characters and the rest eg: N1N 2W2
After this, the page will become unresponsive, you wont be able to even scroll the page, just WAIT
Select payment method.
Check the "I agree to policy" checkbox
Press Continue
You will now be in the payment website which is outside of EB
Done.

Good luck

After I save my address nothing happens, and I can only press save again?

Finally managed to get an order through. Just Ness. I was debating whether or not to get the 3-pack Splatoon, but I am sure that will be at least findable. I probably should've gotten Pac-Man and sold it at cost if I didn't want it to get free shipping. Oh well, $23 from a gift card I have.

Hazu

I've been trying for one hour and a half and I didn't get a single one!

Anyone knows if EB Games is taking in store preorders right now?

Got to checkout, clicked the button, and tried to checkout as guest, got this:
Thank you for visiting!

We're currently down for maintenance. EBGames.ca should be back up shortly.

Merci de votre visite!

Nous sommes actuellement en maintenance. EBGames.ca devrait être de retour bientôt.

ohlawd

site's down

good job, everyone

people for going insane over these figures
eb for employing two hamsters to run their site
and Nintendo because Nintendo

has anyone manage to get the Gold amiibo from Walmart.ca?

Missed the Bestbuy one yet again.

I have a script trying to add it to cart for the last 2 hours and nothing

vsh7YHp.gif

Will let you guys now as soon as it goes through.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Haha now the entire site is down.

Another failed attempt to preorder. Maybe I'll just go and make my own Amiibos.

*bender blackjack and hookers.gif*

jholmes

An hour and a half later and the site is down for maintenance.

Can someone please tell me how easy this is again because apparently I'm an idiot and it's so simple. I really want to hear that a few more times now that the site is literally down

fooish101

Took me 30 mins but managed to order a Ness, Pacman, and Wario.

Haha my poor wife is starting to get frustrated with the amount of packages coming to our house...

MarkusRJR

Literally an hour and a half wasted over this stupid shit and couldn't even get an order through. I have work in 2 hours so this shit better be up and functional by then or else I basically have to buy from a scalper. I'm a huge Mother fan so I'm basically fucked. It'll probably be like $100 or more due to our shitty dollar.

So I was trying to get Ness and Pacman from the moment it went up and my order finally went through like a minute before the site went down. So yay! And sup guys finally got an account so now I can actually post instead of just lurk. What a great way to spend an hour of my life though.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Literally an hour and a half wasted over this stupid shit and couldn't even get an order through. I have work in 2 hours so this shit better be up and functional by then or else I basically have to buy from a scalper. I'm a huge Mother fan so I'm basically fucked. It'll probably be like $100 or more due to our shitty dollar.

Import? I'm planning to go that route soon too.

thanks to the delay on the website, It looks like one of the orders that I thought that didn't go through DID go through as I just got a second email confirmation

And one of the orders has my name misspelt. Perfect

I just wanted ness cause I was a fan of earthbound (sob).

Top Bottom