• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

CR Rep at EB phone line said to make sure you only order one. All customers who have duplicate orders will be cancelled.

my other order was on another email address apparently (i wasn't paying attention to autofill; just trying to get any order through), but I don't want two orders anyways so I guess the misspelt name has got to go

MarkusRJR

So preorders are open tomorrow if stores are open right? Or are all EB Games holding off till Saturday? I'm gonna go before open and just chill so I can get one for sure.

tiijj

CR Rep at EB phone line said to make sure you only order one. All customers who have duplicate orders will be cancelled.

Yep, the rep told me the same thing when I was cancelling a duplicate order. The rep said that with their system I guess getting hammered, the cancellation for the duplicate will be sent out on the weekend.

MarkusRJR

Kotaku did an article on Gamestop's Amiibo situation. They just got an update a few minutes ago:

UPDATE (3:50 pm): I’m told GameStop will be rebooting its website soon to try and get a handle on the influx of traffic, and some stores have started ringing people up. Stay tuned!

I wanna get ready for work but I'm worried I'll miss it! :(

Also, people in the comments section are going off:

Dude in the comment section said:
Failing to properly allocate shipment, making many of them retailer-exclusive (despite a history of mismanagement with these in the past), blaming the port strikes for “limited availability” when those were resolved months ago and we’re still having problems, not clarifying release dates or re-releases, barely sharing any info at all, making an insanely small number of these that falls far, FAR short of the demand, and then tying all of these insanely difficult toys to unlocking in-game content that you miss out on if you don’t have them.

That’s 100% Nintendo’s fault. And I say that as a major Nintendo fan and supporter.

GtwoK

Oh jesus christ

Nobody announced this on push bullet?

Ffs. Why did I even set it up? I don;t have time to monitor this thread every minute, now I've missed out on wave 4.

Where did they go up? Just EB? BB too?

lionpants

Oh jesus christ

Nobody announced this on push bullet?

Ffs. Why did I even set it up? I don;t have time to monitor this thread every minute, now I've missed out on wave 4.

Where did they go up? Just EB? BB too?
You didn't miss much. Site got destroyed and self imploded. Chances are there will still be stock when the site comes back. Hardly anyone could checkout.

ohlawd

selfish shit right now; I hope EB remains down until tomorrow morning. When I'm done work today, I'm heading straight to bed >_>

Did they sell out? Or did the site just crash in the middle of it

no, right before the crash everything was still available for preorder.

Galang

Banned
Did they sell out? Or did the site just crash in the middle of it

Not sure what has been sold out on EB, but everything showed up for me before. It crashed in the middle for me, but some people managed to get their orders completed before.

MarkusRJR

So I still have my checkout window open with Ness still in it. I kind of want to just fill it out and see if I get it (probably a 1% chance)., but if it gets cancelled a few days later and they end up adding him up on the site later today I'll be fucked since I'll be down for 2 pre-orders.

...but then again, if it's sold out and that's why they removed him...

Fuck this.

lionpants

When you say rollback that doesn't mean people that got it have to do it again?... This whole thing isn't right.
Hopefully not. The orders are probably stored in a different database, hopefully. Maybe they had some problems with the new product data they added and had to rollback to an older product catalog. I bet we will see them added back in a bit.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If you got your orders in with your confirmation e-mail, you'll be fine. I can even see my order information on the site.

Hopefully not. The orders are probably stored in a different database, hopefully. Maybe they had some problems with the new product data they added and had to rollback to an older product catalog. I bet we will see them added back in a bit.

My orders are still fine.

So I got off the phone from my local EBGames. He confirmed that EBGames will take in store pre-orders for wave 4 amiibo excluding Ness starting tomorrow morning. He also stated Ness will be online orders only.

MarkusRJR

So I got off the phone from my local EBGames. He confirmed that EBGames will take in store pre-orders for wave 4 amiibo excluding Ness starting tomorrow morning. He also stated Ness will be online orders only.
OH HELL NO.

Fuck Amiibos, fuck Gamestop, fuck Nintendo.

Clov

You can still do in store pick up for Ness, then?

zroid

Banned

AYY LMAO

good thing I don't really want Ness

I might get Lucas down the road

Renewed

So I don't have to fight anyone for my Splatoon amiibos, which is good. Now Robin and Lucina however...

Top Bottom