• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Galang

Banned
Site item listing table has little to do with the orders, which are probably on a different database all together.

Hopefully not. The orders are probably stored in a different database, hopefully. Maybe they had some problems with the new product data they added and had to rollback to an older product catalog. I bet we will see them added back in a bit.

There's no way they cancel these. EB already took the funds from my account.

Ah okay thanks! Will remain hopeful

I wonder if the second half of the wave will be available on EB at some point today or tomorrow. I got a Ness in before the destruction happened but I need to try for a Robin after my BB order dropped it.

My Best Buy order got cancelled bc of payment issues. I guess you need to use a specific address for the billing address when it's from Canada.

EB I got a girl inkling. That's it.

Yeah, you do. I found out during the order process. Small as fuck print too "INTERNATIONAL ORDERS HURP" in about size -4 point font.

Got entirely lucky I actually SAW THAT.

Considering how helpful you are posting links it's insanely bullshit that you of all people got dicked on so fierce.

lionpants

My Best Buy order got cancelled bc of payment issues. I guess you need to use a specific address for the billing address when it's from Canada.

EB I got a girl inkling. That's it.
Oh ya, I forgot I went through that with Meta Knight. Must've had the secret address saved in my account.

Yeah, you do. I found out during the order process. Small as fuck print too "INTERNATIONAL ORDERS HURP" in about size -4 point font.

Got entirely lucky I actually SAW THAT.

Considering how helpful you are posting links it's insanely bullshit that you of all people got dicked on so fierce.

:(

Please don't use eBay as a benchmark for anything. Gold Mario was $200 when it was first up for pre-order and I think it's around $40-50 now.

Scalpers gonna scalp but I think the end of the port strike and Nintendo willing to re-release the rare Amiibos might cut down on the supply/demand issues.

So I missed Wave 4 because of the shitty website. Great.

Fuck everything
I thought you got multiple?

[–]Cosmos_Man 1 point an hour ago
I have the same problem. Made 1 order to start with just Ness, then a second with all that were available.
I am gonna cancel the lone Ness one but hopefully nothing happens before I can call.

espher

With the clusterfuck, I've decided I'm just going to get them if I get a chance to get them.

Fuck pre-order chasing, and I have completed Waves 1-3 (1 set sealed, 1 set unsealed) if I want to flip them down the road as a collection. I'll just get what I see in stores, and wait for the odd fortunate restock.

It's not worth the stress.

Toad.T

Banned
Fuck. Me.

Had a final the same time as the EB preorders. And now there's talk that Ness is online only? As in, no more possible preorders, since he's not showing up?

You win, Scalpers. Name your price.

MarkusRJR

Fuck. Me.

Had a final the same time as the EB preorders. And now there's talk that Ness is online only? As in, no more possible preorders, since he's not showing up?

You win, Scalpers. Name your price.
They're probably going to put Wave 4 again up online later tonight once stores close. The pre-orders put so much strain on their servers that stores couldn't use their POS machines iirc.

Good luck, I work later tonight so I'm fucked.

CR Rep at EB phone line said to make sure you only order one. All customers who have duplicate orders will be cancelled.

Shit I made two orders because I ordered an inkling male in one and didn't want it. I plan to cancel it now that I have the other. Hope they get my email instead of cancelling both.

Draysoth

I feel I'm going to regret asking but did I miss anything today? I need all of the amiibo from yesterday's Nintendo Direct lol

Ness, Wario, Splatoon amiibos, Pac Man. No idea why the others from the wave didn't show - none of the above are showing up on EB Games site anymore. Try in store tomorrow if its open or Saturday morning.

Clov

Shit I made two orders because I ordered an inkling male in one and didn't want it. I plan to cancel it now that I have the other. Hope they get my email instead of cancelling both.

So if there's two Amiibo orders under your e-mail, they'll cancel both? Glad I only managed to order an Inkling Girl, then. I'll have to get my fiance to order Ness for me when they go back up.

I thought you got multiple?

[–]Cosmos_Man 1 point an hour ago
I have the same problem. Made 1 order to start with just Ness, then a second with all that were available.
I am gonna cancel the lone Ness one but hopefully nothing happens before I can call.

Girl Inkling and Ness

Better than nothing but not all the ones I wanted

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm calling EB Games as we speak as I have 2 Ness pre-orders.

One for me, one for my cuz. I don't want them to cancel ;.;

Ness, Wario, Splatoon amiibos, Pac Man. No idea why the others from the wave didn't show - none of the above are showing up on EB Games site anymore. Try in store tomorrow if its open or Saturday morning.

I missed Ness and Splatoon? This hobby is too stressful.

Hopefully their online support is up tomorrow because I might not have a chance to call tonight. Sent them an email and they are usually quick about handling those.

Draysoth

So do we think they all sold out on EB Games' website or did they take them down to alleviate the traffic issues?

My guess is they took them off so theres stock for in store orders - to prevent pissed off customers Saturday (or tomorrow if you live in a province with open stores!)

My guess is they took them off so theres stock for in store orders - to prevent pissed off customers Saturday (or tomorrow if you live in a province with open stores!)

Lucina, Robin and Charizard never went up tho.

I'm guessing we started preordering and hammering the site as they were putting them up and just stopped posting them once shit hit the fan.

Phoned a local EB. Closed on good friday in my province, but opening on Saturday for preorders for latest wave.

Worth a shot if amazon/the online space doesn't have some sort of shitshow mania between now and then.

Phoned a local EB. Closed on good friday in my province, but opening on Saturday for preorders for latest wave.

Worth a shot if amazon/the online space doesn't have some sort of shitshow mania between now and then.

thats what in going to do to get the splatoon and wario and whatever else i missed

Top Bottom