• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
PsF3RhS.png

Girl Inkling and Ness

Better than nothing but not all the ones I wanted

On the bright side, Wario and Pacman will definitely be easily found in stores. And you still have BestBuy to pre-order from.

Fuck... does this mean BestBuy/Amazon.ca are the only other companies to pre-order at?

And I wonder who Jigglypuff is exclusive to in Canada. Maybe BestBuy or Walmart?

aukJNP9.png

Maybe I'm just mean but I find it funny that the two guys who post the most in this thread and keep so many people updated with news weren't able to get their orders in.

Want to know something that makes it worse. Is the damn things aren't even for me. I dread the day my son decided he wanted to collect these things. Ugh.

And am I seriously the top poster?

jholmes

Yay waiting a week, yayyyyyy

Want to know something that makes it worse. Is the damn things aren't even for me. I dread the day my son decided he wanted to collect these things. Ugh.

And am I seriously the top poster?

You put up three or four posts at a time despite everyone telling you to multiquote so I don't know why you're surprised.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You put up three or four posts at a time despite everyone telling you to multiquote so I don't know why you're surprised.

Another tip; If you're about the make another post and you think you might have been the last one to post, refresh the thread and see. If you're the last poster, just edit your post to include the new information to avoid the double post.

The exception for me is if a thread has been dead for a couple of days and it needs a bump for the news. I think this thread is pretty lively and well monitored though.

Don't worry Byron, you'll get them soon enough.

It's just such a piss off to not get them because of technical issues. Something I can't avoid.

Keeping in the loop and posting news is second nature now. I wasn't late seeing the EB postings, I looked back and I was the first to post about it with Inkling Girl going up first.

Stupid website issues fucked me over. Something I have no control over. Ughhhh

It's just such a piss off to not get them because of technical issues. Something I can't avoid.

Keeping in the loop and posting news is second nature now. I wasn't late seeing the EB postings, I looked back and I was the first to post about it with Inkling Girl going up first.

Stupid website issues fucked me over. Something I have no control over. Ughhhh

You have Ness, which should be the only concern. Sit back, relax, and wait for Amazon.ca, BestBuy, Walmart, Toys R Us. :)

c-murph

I have an Amazon UK order as a back up. It's NA 6+ or bust for me tho!

I'll give them to Gafers at cost once I know I'm in the clear

I just called my local EB. They told me preorders in store open Saturday too. (Northern Ontario)

Probably be your best bet to ordered them in store. Online doesn't look like any one will get any. lol

I have them preordered from amazon.jp but if I can avoid the extra shipping it might be best to just walk into EB and see if I get lucky.

i-Jest

aukJNP9.png

Maybe I'm just mean but I find it funny that the two guys who post the most in this thread and keep so many people updated with news weren't able to get their orders in.

I wasn't able to either. I had work so I gave up and left at 4:20 pm EST. Congrats to those that got an order in.

Zekes!

I got a pre-order in at 1:20 PST for:

Ness
Splatoon 3-pack
Pacman
and Wario

Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled or any of that nonsense.

DJIzana

I'm going to go in person when it releases. If I can't get it then (because my local EB, luckily, doesn't take pre-orders) I'm probably going to give up.

Unless... someone wants to trade their boxed version of Ness for my boxed Little Mac. ;)

THAT, is something I got lucky with. Managed to snag a Little Mac day one. I should've stocked up because my local EB, at the time, had a lot. :p

hupla

I dunno if this has been posted but i was on witht the Yonge and Dundas EBgames and they said they may take preorders tomorrow but if they dont for sure they will saturday

So I'm on my break. What happened since EB Games went up with Wave 4 gone? Did they all sell out?

They posted on Facebook that it was a glitch and that online preorderw will officially go up next week.

I honestly think they put them up on purpose but then saw how bad the site was getting hammered and stopped putting them up, hence why Lucina, Robin and Charizard never went up.

No really confirmation if the orders made today will be fine. I'm sure they will.

They posted on Facebook that it was a glitch and that online preorderw will officially go up next week.

I honestly think they put them up on purpose but then saw how bad the site was getting hammered and stopped putting them up, hence why Lucina, Robin and Charizard never went up.

No really confirmation if the orders made today will be fine. I'm sure they will.

They said that them being available was a glitch? I thought they stated that they were having technically issues so had to stop selling them until that was sorted.

Sealtest

They said that them being available was a glitch? I thought they stated that they were having technically issues so had to stop selling them until that was sorted.

Due to very strong demand for the new wave 4 of Nintendo’s amiibo figures, EB Games experienced some technical issues with our website.
At this time, we have stopped all online Amiibo pre-orders while we resolve these issues

Is all they said, nothing about them being on the site being a glitch.

MarkusRJR

Oh I just forgot Greninja is tomorrow! Do we know what time they start online pre-orders? Also how do in store pre-orders work at Toys R Us?

Draysoth

Oh I just forgot Greninja is tomorrow! Do we know what time they start online pre-orders? Also how do in store pre-orders work at Toys R Us?

Thats for US - no word on Toys R Us Canada, but it wouldn't hurt to check. 7-9 AM EST is quoted, and if its in store, you nab a sheet in R Zone for a buck and checkout with it.

Top Bottom