• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

MarkusRJR

Thats for US - no word on Toys R Us Canada, but it wouldn't hurt to check. 7-9 AM EST is quoted, and if its in store, you nab a sheet in R Zone for a buck and checkout with it.
Thanks! Does getting an in-store pre-order guarantee one for you? I work two jobs so I probably can't wait in line on May 29 when they release in-store.

Draysoth

Thanks! Does getting an in-store pre-order guarantee one for you? I work two jobs so I probably can't wait in line on May 29 when they release in-store.

Theoretically yes, but Nintendo has short shipped Amiibos often. BUT - every preorder I managed to successfully get has been fulfilled from Toys R Us, EB Games, Futureshop (sniff), and Best Buy.

Okay AmiiboGAF, I've got a dilemma. It could potentially help someone here.

So, as things stand, I have confirmation emails for two orders of Ness. This was not intentional. One of my orders hit an error after I hit the payment button, so I thought it failed. I did another order that did eventually work.

Are my orders at risk of cancelation, since I have technically multiple Ness's?

If the orders aren't at risk, I could sell a Ness at cost+shipping to someone here

DVCY201

So this was what? A silent launch on their site? And then it crashed due to traffic? Haha, wow, the amiibo thirst never ends

DJIzana

Okay AmiiboGAF, I've got a dilemma. It could potentially help someone here.

So, as things stand, I have confirmation emails for two orders of Ness. This was not intentional. One of my orders hit an error after I hit the payment button, so I thought it failed. I did another order that did eventually work.

Are my orders at risk of cancelation, since I have technically multiple Ness's?

If the orders aren't at risk, I could sell a Ness at cost+shipping to someone here

I sent you a PM, for anyone knows me on GAF, knows Earthbound is my favorite game and I, unlike many others, wouldn't sell this. Heck, I'll even sweeten the deal. As mentioned earlier, I'd trade my boxed Little Mac for Ness. Let me know if you actually get the 2nd amiibo. :)

So EB is not able to make a statement on social media about when to preorder in store? I know that it requires some ultra advanced technology powered by materials only found on comets but they could at least try...

They don't give a shit if customers show up for nothing at opening tomorrow. Hey, don't forget to bring back your used game suckers!

I just got an email from eb that ANOTHER order that I thought didn't go through (the screen went blank when I tried submitting my credit card info, followed by a session timeout when i tried refreshing) apparently did.

This time its for a single ness without anything else, so now I have to pay for shipping.

If i return this back to the store, would the refund also include shipping costs?

also, If I hadn't cancelled my other duplicate order it would have been 2 ness's and 1 pac-man that this thing popped out due the website taking a shit and doubling what I tried to order originally. jeebus

i-Jest

This whole EB Games Wave 4 preorder business was pure shenanigans. You'd think they would have upgraded the site to handle the kind of heavy traffic we continually see when it comes to Amiibo pre-orders.

Am I wrong for thinking this?

NTHBccc.jpg

I just got an email from eb that ANOTHER order that I thought didn't go through (the screen went blank when I tried submitting my credit card info, followed by a session timeout when i tried refreshing) apparently did.

This time its for a single ness without anything else, so now I have to pay for shipping.

If i return this back to the store, would the refund also include shipping costs?

also, If I hadn't cancelled my other duplicate order it would have been 2 ness's and 1 pac-man that this thing popped out due the website taking a shit and doubling what I tried to order originally. jeebus

I wouldn't return the duplicate Ness. It's worth a lot more than what you would get refunded. Scalpers suck, so I can't recommend selling it for a ridiculous price either. If I were you, I'd hold onto the second Ness and use it to trade. Nintendo will drop the ball again with the next wave(s) and there may be other Amiibo that you are unable to get.

Reveirg

Dunno if it's been said but my local EBGames (plaza St-Hubert) wrote on FB to line up tomorrow morning for wave 4 amiibos.

i-Jest

What time is everyone lining up on Saturday morning?

EB opens at 9:30am, so maybe like 8ish?

To give myself a better chance of nailing these orders I'm leaving somewhere from 7:00-20 AM. I doubt the location at Younge and Eglinton so I'm B-lining it straight to Eaton Centre.

Renewed

...Why do I have this weird feeling of deja vu? Have I done this in a past life or are amiibo becoming my daily routine without me realizing? Dammit.

Gonna see if I can't arrive at opening on Saturday so I can get it out of the way.

Blues1990

I'm going to line up at my local EB Games near the place that I work at tomorrow, as I DON'T want to miss out on ordering Ness & Pac-Man.

ohlawd

in store preorders are still a go tomorrow when online is delayed until next week?

shiet I'll go too then. I really don't wanna tho. opens at 10 so I'll go 9 ish. I'll bring my 3DS :x

I can't believe Nintendo is doing the stupid store exclusive stuff again. I think I'm gonna import wave 4/splatoon. Any suggestions? I heard that the European Amazons aren't doing international shipping anymore for this, is that correct?

So I thought I would be smart and line up 3 hours early in front of EB at Eaton Centre, and I'm not even in the first 3. Currently there's 10 of us in line lol.

Kilvin

Has anyone other than EB put them up for preorder. I've been sleeping at the wheel with amiibos for the past month.

Kilvin

No not yet. EB also didn't put all of them up, only Ness, Pacman and Wario

Thank you. And I see Ness is an exclusive now, anyone else?

I really needed to take a step back from Amiibos after Wave 3 and the Mario Wave which I wasn't interested in seemed like the perfect time to do so. Amiibos were really starting consume me so it was time for a break.

Edit: Being it's Good Friday I wouldn't be surprised if the few EBs that are open won't be taking preorders for them. I hope for those waitings sake they are, but I'm doubting it.

Ebgames Manager just gave us a sheet with available amiibos:

Charizard, Robin, Lucina, Ness, Wario, Pac-man (no jiggly or greninja) and Inkling boy, Inkling Girl and the Three pack.

Top Bottom