• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

So I got all 6 in-store! Plus I wasn't sure if I wanted the triple pack, but I just preordered it just in case. If I don't want it, I can just return it. Buy now, think later.

mrhej

So turns out I bought a separate inkling amiibo yesterday from ebgames.ca. Is the only way to cancel an order is to call them?

For easy access to store locator and website URL:

CHARIZARD 718310
LUCINA 718312
NESS 718297
PACMAN 718298
ROBIN 718311
WARIO 718299
SPLATOON TRIPLE 718289

EB Games had some of Wave 4 and Splatoon up but the website kept dieing and they shut it down and when the site came back all of them were gone but orders made will be kept.

Do you think they will be back up some time soon? Or are they down because they are "sold out" for the time being? Also, there was no Lucina or Robin that went up yet, right? I didn't see anyone mention those.

Blues1990

Oh, boy. This is now getting scary. I'm also worried that I'm going to miss out on even ordering Ness, let alone Pac-Man & the Inklings.

Anybody in the the edmonton area want to help me nab a ness? I have to be somewhere when eb opens today and I really don't want to miss out on him. I'll obviously pay you a bit on top for your troubles!

So turns out I bought a separate inkling amiibo yesterday from ebgames.ca. Is the only way to cancel an order is to call them?

Yup. I did yesterday when I had a lone order for an Inkling Girl and an order with her and Ness.

Do you think they will be back up some time soon? Or are they down because they are "sold out" for the time being? Also, there was no Lucina or Robin that went up yet, right? I didn't see anyone mention those.

Online orders will be back up sometime next week according to the EB Facebook account. Charizard, Lucina and Robin were never put up, only Ness, Wario, Pac Man and the all the Splatoon ones.

Wait, how do you use the above numbers?

Search them through their website or in case they tell you they have no idea about preorders in store those are the SKUs they use.

i-Jest

Just got Back from EB Games Eaton Centre. Got Robin, Lucina, Splatoon Pack, Pac Man, and Ness preordered. Feels good mang. Now to wait for online orders to go live so I have backups. The sales associate said Charizard, Robin, and Lucian were in short supply but it was one Amiibo per person so that was pleasant news. Ness and Pacman orders were plentiful, well they were when I was still in line. I think Wario was scares too. Had music playing in my ear when I heard the word.

Yup. I did yesterday when I had a lone order for an Inkling Girl and an order with her and Ness.

Online orders will be back up sometime next week according to the EB Facebook account. Charizard, Lucina and Robin were never put up, only Ness, Wario, Pac Man and the all the Splatoon ones.

Search them through their website or in case they tell you they have no idea about preorders in store those are the SKUs they use.

Alright, thanks. I better not miss out.
Bloody amiibo!

mdubs

Banned
Just got back from EB Markville, preordered Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Ness, Pacman and Wario. I got there 15 minutes after opening at 11:00 so there were probably 30 people ahead of me. As of 12:00pm they were still taking preorders on everything.

Also they are taking preorders for Silver Mario, but the guy said they really couldn't guarantee if they would get them for sure.

Winnipeg stuff is closed today. I'd absolutely hate for you to make that trek and discover that.

Nah. No worries there. Was there a couple of nights back for my son's allergy appointment and to catch the OK Go concert at the Garrick Center.

Off Topic.

OK Go was a BLAST to watch. Such a great, great, concert. The band was funny as heck and very entertaining. And the confetti...75lbs of it. Just crazy!

First time I've been to the Garrick center. A little run down, but every seat in there would have been great. Nice intimate space. I'll definitely pay more attention to who's playing there.

Roderyk

Neo Member
Glad to hear a lot of people getting their pre-orders!

In Nova Scotia, EB stores are closed for the day. I have to work tomorrow, so I'm going to try to rush in at open and see if I can pre-order Robin and Lucina. Once I get those two, I'm done. I just hope they'll have pre-orders in-store here.

GtwoK

Cambridge?

Did you go out checking today? I didn't bother to call EB and see if they were open.

Ugh. The only thing still keeping me in this amiibo game is that I have no idea how I would get my money back on the commons. The rares I could sell, but no one's looking for mario.

Even that is starting to make me waver a bit. Do I really want to spend money on the rest of these. Is it worth the waiting in lines and all that?

EB Games Canada is not doing the same things as GameStop USA. These are in store allocations.
Yeah, but if demand is strong, they would start to reallocate stock to meet in-store demand. Of course this doesn't mean online will have 0 stock as in the States, but still as issue nonetheless.

stolin

I got my suite of 6 (Ness, Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Wario, Pacman) at EB Games this morning. $5 each = $30 for pre-orders. About 20+ people in line at store open.

EB Games Canada is not doing the same things as GameStop USA. These are in store allocations.

It's pretty hard to take anything that happens in the states as an example as to what will happen here. *fingers crossed*

Again no biggie for the commons. There are still other retailers that we can get those at. It's the FREAKIN' exclusive B.S. that's the problem.

Top Bottom