• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

kinger

How were lines at open today? Should I get there 30 min before open, or even earlier?

This probably depends on how busy your EB location is and how they're allotting them, but I arrived 30 minutes before opening to an already pretty long line, but I was able to pre-order Ness, Lucina, Robin, and Charizard smoothly by my turn ~30 minutes after opening.

Edit: I'd say I was about 3/4 down the line at opening?

Charizard has not showed online at all right?

Correct.

So did anyone that pre ordered amiibo today go to a Ottawa/Kanata location?

I needed to go to work today, so I'm wondering if it is worth going to my nearest EB Games location tomorrow morning.

Just got back from my store in Quebec (everything's open today). I'm not sure how many people showed up at opening, but I was the only one and everything was available. Got my Ness, Robin, Lucina, Charizard and Splatoon 3-Pack (which was $40 apparently, not sure how that compares to the American price).

She did say that they had nothing in their system for Gold or Silver Mario though.

Ondore

Just got back from my store in Quebec (everything's open today). I'm not sure how many people showed up at opening, but I was the only one and everything was available. Got my Ness, Robin, Lucina, Charizard and Splatoon 3-Pack (which was $40 apparently, not sure how that compares to the American price).

She did say that they had nothing in their system for Gold or Silver Mario though.

US price is $35.

Apparently a reddit user on the AmiiboCanada subreddit has confirmed that all EB Games in store preorders are from one allocation pool.

So we may all be fucked tomorrow.

What the fuck were they thinkng!?!

Apparently a reddit user on the AmiiboCanada subreddit has confirmed that all EB Games in store preorders are from one allocation pool.

So we may all be fucked tomorrow.

What the fuck were they thinkng!?!

Oh Bother. I'll try going to an EB games on my home and hope it is open and still taking preorders then.

Hope fading though.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Went to EB Games as I was going to work and pre-ordered everything (except Wario & Pac-Man).

Surprised I was able to do so. Only 1 per customer for everything.

Harusame

Went to EB Games as I was going to work and pre-ordered everything (except Wario & Pac-Man).

Surprised I was able to do so. Only 1 per customer for everything.

That is pretty good to hear. I'm glad everyone that is pre-ordering in store is having no problems as of late.

Mattiator

Went to my eb in BC and was able to pre order the 3 I wanted, Robin, Lucina and Ness.
There was about 6 people before me who ordered every one.

Zing

Banned
I ordered "a few".

I don't understand why they limit each order to a single figure when you can simply make multiple orders, each with free shipping. It didn't even take that much time per order. Maybe one minute.

I ordered "a few".

I don't understand why they limit each order to a single figure when you can simply make multiple orders, each with free shipping. It didn't even take that much time per order. Maybe one minute.

You talking gold mario? Because people who did that in the States ended up getting orders for any extra canceled on them.

There were so many opportunities to get Gold Mario. Amazon, BestBuy, FutureShop and now Walmart have had him up for a long time. So I don't he's going to be worth that much here.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I got one Gold Mario for me, and one for my girlfriend. I'm thinking of getting one for a friend of mine who's collecting Amiibos, but since I order them all from the same CC and address, I'm afraid they'll cancel my orders...

EB Games Preorder Update

All stores in Canada that were open on the holiday today are closing early, at 6pm in whatever timezone they are located.

So those in EST are closing right now.

There have been no reports of any sold out preorders, meaning we should all be good for tomorrow morning!

The last stores will be closing at 9pm EST. So long as we do not get word of sold out preorders by then we should all be good to go for tomorrow morning when they open nationwide!

My guess is that they will likely sell out fast with all the allocation that was taken today from the stores that were open, so getting there at store opening will be essential.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Weiss

Banned
I'm heading to an EB first thing tomorrow, but I wonder if they'll be able to meet all the pre-orders they'll be getting? It's a decent sized burg with a few stores, but we've had supply issues with pre-orders before.

EB Games Preorder Update

All stores in Canada that were open on the holiday today are closing early, at 6pm in whatever timezone they are located.

There have been no reports of any sold out preorders, meaning we should all be good for tomorrow morning!

The last stores will be closing at 9pm EST. So long as we do not get word of sold out preorders by then we should all be good to go for tomorrow morning when they open nationwide!

My guess is that they will likely sell out fast with all the allocation that was taken today from the stores that were open, so getting there at store opening will be essential.

Good to hear that pre-orders aren't sold out yet.

EB Games Preorder Update

For instore orders. *sigh*

For instore orders. *sigh*

Stupid EB games and their incompetent website.

EB Games Preorder Update

You should seriously make a Twitter. I would follow you and turn on alerts lol.

This sucks. I'd like to think that with people getting their instore pre-orders in there'll be less competition if these ever make it back to retail. But the reality of it is that people who got instore pre-orders will likely still try to snag them online.

They were in my cart. I had them. Just could complete the %#@@#% order.

You should seriously make a Twitter. I would follow you and turn on alerts lol.

I have an account but no way I could post those details in a Tweet.

This sucks. I'd like to think that with people getting their instore pre-orders in there'll be less competition if these ever make it back to retail. But the reality of it is that people who got instore pre-orders will likely still try to snag them online.

They were in my cart. I had them. Just could complete the %#@@#% order.

In store orders are separate from online I believe. I hope :(

Kilvin

If EB sold out of preorders today on A PUBLIC HOLIDAY where the vast majority of locations are closed, I would..... I don't know.... I'd go nuclear.

If EB sold out of preorders today on A PUBLIC HOLIDAY where the vast majority of locations are closed, I would..... I don't know.... I'd go nuclear.

I don't understand why the fuck they would do this. Apparently people are saying EB corporate was closed today so there was no one there to say preorders sold out.

So we could be preordering nothing tomorrow :/

Top Bottom