• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Renewed

EB Games was open?.... Are you kidding me? It's a holiday so I went to go get some things done since I didn't have to work, but now eff me because they'll be open anyways and taking preorders.

If I go tomorrow and there's nothing, I'm done. I'll probably sell off what I have because I couldn't bear to look at them anymore.

Sora_N

What is the big deal? If they took preorders there's a high chance they will honour it. Don't get what you have to freak out about.

If some shit happens I will complain like hell to HO anyways.

So if my local EB was closed today, then I should be there first thing tomorrow morning to get my pre orders in? Is it confirmed that all EBs are accepting pre orders now?

You people declaring leaving amiibo forever if EB sold out of Lucina/Robin are ridiculous. This is just ONE retailer, and it's only their preorders. Still room for walkins, online, Walmart, Amazon, BestBuy, Toys R Us,
Zellers, FutureShop and Target (lol)

ohlawd

the EB at Guildford was open

what a waste of time. I got there at 9 and it opened at 10. No one lined up until 9:40

got Lucina and Splatoon girl. Also bagged a Ness for the brother. 54 bucks, goodness.

Come on guys! We still got amazon, and best buy! I hope I can get them via amazon....put prime to some use

They don't carry Ness.

Bah. IT went up. The thing has been saying Add to Cart forever without actually working. :(

I have had no luck with Gold Mario.

Edit: Went back up and I ordered one.

Finally!

Shipping is still Free.

Good stuff. Had you in mind when it went up again. Ordered another just in case you missed it.

During the small window that EB Games had Wave 4 up yesterday I was able to snag Ness and the Inkling Girl.

However, since I couldn't get them all I am just keeping those as back up and once I secure my in store preorders tomorrow I will cancel my online order.

Will they refuse to sell me those two because I have an online preorder for them already? They are just regular online orders shipping to home, not in store pick up ones and such.

During the small window that EB Games had Wave 4 up yesterday I was able to snag Ness and the Inkling Girl.

However, since I couldn't get them all I am just keeping those as back up and once I secure my in store preorders tomorrow I will cancel my online order.

Will they refuse to sell me those two because I have an online preorder for them already? They are just regular online orders shipping to home, not in store pick up ones and such.

No, they will not refuse the pre-orders. I have two orders on ebgames.ca myself with both Ness in them and had no problems pre-ordering another one today.

The system also never cancel orders automatically (unless there is payment or stock problem), even when limited to one by order. From what I have heard, a CSR can see multiple orders and suspect reselling and then they might cancel, but that has never happened to me or anyone I know, and I've secured orders for many friends on the same Edge account/shipping address, none ever cancelled.

You'll be fine Byron, don't worry!

No, they will not refuse the pre-orders. I have two orders on ebgames.ca myself with both Ness in them and had no problems pre-ordering another one today.

The system also never cancel orders automatically (unless there is payment or stock problem), even when limited to one by order. From what I have heard, a CSR can see multiple orders and suspect reselling and then they might cancel, but that has never happened to me or anyone I know, and I've secured orders for many friends on the same Edge account/shipping address, none ever cancelled.

You'll be fine Byron, don't worry!

Ok great!

You did this today yourself then?

I'll be canceling my online order right after I preorder in store anyways.

Ok great!

You did this today yourself then?

I'll be canceling my online order right after I preorder in store anyways.

Yes, I preordered everything available at Ebgames today in Québec. I have a bad history of broken/damaged boxes so I try to always have at least 1 extra order.

Blues1990

It feels good that the Ness & Splatoon Amiibo's have been pre-ordered in full. I can't wait to pick them up in May, especially since I'm a big fan of Earthbound & I'm looking forward to play some Splatoon with you fine folks on NeoGAF.

Fularu

Banned
Lucina, Robin and Charizard preordered at my local EB Games

Now the wait is on for Jigglepuff, that TRU exclusive and silver mario

CRA5H

So Ness didn't sell out anywhere?

Also where's the best place to post my amiibo collection for sale where it won't get buried?

BST seems like its going to get lost amongst other posts. I just want all my money back lol.

Only EB Games had it up for a short while Thursday - it crashed their site when people swarmed in, so they took them off. No one else has put anything up for us Canucks.

Damn. I'm out of the country at the moment and I have no way to get the new ones other than online. Been scouring the usual websites and haven't found a thing. I hope they'll have some up soon. I really want Lucina.

Clov

If I go to EB Games tomorrow, and they tell me they don't know about preorders, I can just give them the product numbers to enter into their system, right?

lol im not going to go right now i might regret it full force but i literally live right across from one so ill leave at 9:30 i expect full regret if a line is huge

Ondore

Just got out of a Halifax EB with Ness, Robin, and Lucina preordered. Ended up 4th in line of about 15-20.

Now we play the waiting game...

...waiting game sucks. *boots up DS2*

Since I will be getting my in store preorders today like many of you. That leaves me with an extra preorder with Amazon UK for the main 6 (no Jiggly or Greninja)

Anyone want them? These are from the first wave of preorders on Amazon UK. I likely won't have the funds for the preorder so we would have to work something out.

PM me if interested

Top Bottom