• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Weiss

Banned
It's kind of sad that, despite being sixth in line, I'm still worried I won't be able to get the ones I ordered.

Brofield

Number 15 in line, already hear one person putting down to pre-order all of them.

Why do I feel a creeping sense of disappointment?

Got them all!

All 6 Wave 4, Splatoon 3 pack, single Girl Inkling and single Boy Inkling.

Store opened 10 minutes early to beat possible high traffic on the network.

Also it is confirmed to be a nationwide pool

Kilvin

Got Robin, Lucina and Ness pre-ordered, thanks to the kind EB guy who let me in early at 9:20 to preorder even though they didn't open until 10.

Bah. IT went up. The thing has been saying Add to Cart forever without actually working. :(

I have had no luck with Gold Mario.

Edit: Went back up and I ordered one.

Finally!

Shipping is still Free.

Got them all!

All 6 Wave 4, Splatoon 3 pack, single Girl Inkling and single Boy Inkling.

Store opened 10 minutes early to beat possible high traffic on the network.

Also it is confirmed to be a nationwide pool

Edit...swear removed. I'm not going to let Nintendo and EB games incompetence turn me into that guy on the net swearing about a toy.

These won't make it back to the webstore.

If anyone can make it back to a store and pick up a Ness for me and any other exclusive EB games got, I'd appreciate it.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

These won't make it back to the webstore.

Shit. I didn't ask to clarify if the website stock was included. Sorry.

I doubt it. They said they "pooled their store inventory" to ensure distirbution to all stores is fullfiled. It just means preorders will last for less time in stores compared to previous preorders.

Roderyk

Neo Member
All all Smash and Splatoon pre-ordered. The Splatoon 3 pack and Ness I ordered on Thursday sent to my EB store, and made positive sure it was in their system, which it was. There was also some mystery SKU (718309) I was recommended by the great EB manager to order as it may be a mystery or unannounced amiibo. Maybe EB's answer to Jigglypuff in Canada???

Also pretty sure they sold out within the hour. We were let in 10 minutes early to pre-order before they were gone!

zroid

Banned
I was too lazy in the end (also slept in a bit). Hope I can get an online pre-order from EB or Best Buy eventually.

The only ones I want are Robin, Lucina, and Inkling Girl

MarkusRJR

Okay, which one of you crazies was the guy camped out in a sleeping bag out front of the Fourth Avenue EB? Haha
Lmao, I feel weird going to my closest EB Games 40 minutes before open. Can't imagine how awkward that must be.

Not sure if I go to my local one in a mall (9:30) or should I go to one not in a mall (10:00)? Is stock on a per store basis or is it all combined per region?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Preordered the whole set. Apparently even in Guelph, people were waiting before it opened... even though it was only 7 people. lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Has toys r us canada said anything about gerninja?
I'm assuming it'll be just like Lucario, no online preorders.

I'll need someone (preferably in Toronto) to help me out with TRU once again if they do it during the week again.

Brofield

Got Charizard, Pac-Man, and the Splatoon triple pack.

Stopped at Toys R Us for kicks, manager there said there was some shipping troubles with Greninja and they didn't have it in their system; didn't want to oversell. It might be in their system by Tuesday or Wednesday, however.

Draysoth

Im at the one on Geneva

Woot South Ontario Niagara folk - I am Lincoln area but hit up Stoney Creek Eastgate. One guy ahead of me, and I got there just before opening. Preorder successful! Now the fight for Greninja and Jigglypuff.

BTW, I checked Toys R Us as they opened earlier - no preorder anything yet for wave 4. Also, Walmart didn't have any visible Mario Party Marios.

Got Charizard, Pac-Man, and the Splatoon triple pack.

Stopped at Toys R Us for kicks, manager there said there was some shipping troubles with Greninja and they didn't have it in their system; didn't want to oversell. It might be in their system by Tuesday or Wednesday, however.

In their system for? Preorders?

espher

Gold Mario was just up again at Walmart.

I managed to put in one order and when I went to put in a second (different recipient/address), it was gone. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out, but at least I got mine in. ;)

I unfortunately have no way to get to EB today before noon (30m), so, guess I'm still hoping for Wave 4 online somewhere.

Begbie

So my ebgames was a bit confused they couldnt find pacman or wario in their system .. but they added a do not use sku.. 718309.. not sure which one that is

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You guys are making me feel even better about my Japanese preorders made from the comfort of my couch.
Is that dude who had the Facebook group still around? I can't remember who it was.

I'd preorder the two Wave 5/6 ones I want from Japan, but they always sell out so damn quickly on the sites that actually ship to Canada.

Brofield

In their system for? Preorders?

Yeah, s'what I'm assuming. I'll give them a call on Tuesday morning unless we get news prior that it's happening.

Not gonna miss out here like I did with Lucario, lol

So my ebgames was a bit confused they couldnt find pacman or wario in their system .. but they added a do not use sku.. 718309.. not sure which one that is

My EB games had the same SKU and had no idea what it was for. They offered me the option to put down $5 so I figured why not; if anything it'll pay off a bit of the next game I buy if nothing comes of it in a few months.

tiijj

Is that dude who had the Facebook group still around? I can't remember who it was.

I'd preorder the two Wave 5/6 ones I want from Japan, but they always sell out so damn quickly on the sites that actually ship to Canada.

Which ones from wave 5/6? The only ones I can find was the splatoon trio.

Kilvin

Hmm Fourth had it in the system, the guy asked if I wanted Wario or Charizard which I politely declined.

MarkusRJR

Wow the one I went to was open 30 minutes early because of "these damn amiibos". Seems like the manager working had a bad Thursday when the store systems went down low.

Ended up getting Ness, Pac-man, Charizard, Lucina, and Robin. Yay! :)

Jamaal23

Neo Member

Same thing happened at my store. I had to go to another store that had them all.

Billings Bridge (Ottawa) also had "surprise SKUs" but I didn't think to put money down. Might go back if I have the time. Took them a while to find Wario SKU as well.

In case other people's stores have trouble finding them in the system:

Charizard 718310
Lucina 718312
Ness 718297
Pac-Man 718298
Robin 718311
Wario 718299
Splatoon 3-Pack 718289

Weiss

Banned
You're in Niagara right? Which EB were you at? Fourth was just sleeping bag guy and me

I went to the one at the Pen, mostly because I was told they weren't open Good Friday and it's a short jaunt from my house. Showed up about 20 minutes early and there were five people in front of me, each one ordered all six figures plus the Splatoon pack.

I ordered Ness, Robin, Lucina, and Pac-Man. Hopefully they get enough shipment, because those were the ones from Wave 4 I really wanted.

Top Bottom