• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Dear GAF,

I'm out of the country travelling at the moment and I think I'm going to miss out on all of these. Lucina has been my most anticipated amiibo since it was first announced and I really want to get my hands on it. If anyone here happens to snag an extra Lucina and would be willing to help a guy out, I would really appreciate it. Please send me a PM if you think you can help and let's try to work something out!

Preorder successful. Nearest EB games opened at 9:30am. Showed up about an hour before and ended up third in line. Around 15-20 people by the time the store opened.

Got my Ness, Lucina, Robin, and Splatoon Bundle pre-ordered with no issues.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Which ones from wave 5/6? The only ones I can find was the splatoon trio.

I'm thinking the next wave, with Zero Suit Samus and Paletuna. For those ones, I'm willing to pay the shipping mark up just to not have to think about them at all.

Harusame

With everyone smoothly pre-ordering amiibo in Canada, I wonder why this wave has been different compared to the last few waves? Also, If compare the US situation with ours, there is definitely something going on.

Is it just due to our lower population, or is NOC properly allocating for the demand?

Begbie

Just got back from the ebgames on 4th ave... hahaha they were talking about the same guy camped out this morning in the sleeping bag

purelunatic

Neo Member
With everyone smoothly pre-ordering amiibo in Canada, I wonder why this wave has been different compared to the last few waves? Also, If compare the US situation with ours, there is definitely something going on.

Is it just due to our lower population, or is NOC properly allocating for the demand?

Since the release date seems to be May 29th, perhaps Nintendo is getting information on how many they'll need to produce before that. Two months seem to be a good lead time to get these amiibos manufactured.

evanmisha

As far as I know, that's not Nintendo of Canada's decision.

I've got all of Wave 4 locked down. Had to result to trades for Greninja and Jigglypuff preorders.

Picked up all the Splatoon ones (pack and singles) along with that Pink Wool Yoshi that went up on Amazon DE

Should be good until the next Wave!

Canadian Amiibo Rumour Round Up

#1 - Toys R Us is taking in store preorders for Greninja next week - Any actual details? Someone posted they spoke to someone but TRU hasn't done preorders since Wave 1.

Verdict: Unlikely

#2 - DNU EB SKUs - Are there 3 or just 1? Seems that even the number of these DNUs has been back and forth. It is likely Gold Mario because they likely aren't doing preorders since it is out in less than a week but got allocation details with Wave 4 details. The other two? I don't think there are any others. The cashier at my EB said it is for PS4 digital content. Wtf???

Verdict: I don't think anyone has an idea...

#3 - EB Games Allocation - Is it pooled or store to store? We have heard both sides from people asking at many EB stores yesterday and today. They are still taking preorders and I hope they know what they're doing and it isn't ignorance because it's a long weekend and no one has been paying attention high up.

Verdict: I think we are worrying too much

#4 - Jugglypuff is Wal Mart Exclusive in Canada - Where is this picture people talk about with it on the list in the Wal Mart system? If so will it be online only like Gold Mario? Even Rosalina ended up in Wal Mart stores.

Verdict: We are fucked

3wMSyE0.jpg

yo52

Neo Member
Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to amiibo collecting. Just bough my first one yesterday (gold mario). I'm looking to get a few more, specifically Samus, Lucina, Charizard, zero suit samus, pikachu, kirby and possibly a few others.

How exactly do in store pre-orders work? Do I have to make a down payment or something for the amiibos I want or do I have to pay extra for them to pre-order in store?

Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to amiibo collecting. Just bough my first one yesterday (gold mario). I'm looking to get a few more, specifically Samus, Lucina, Charizard, zero suit samus, pikachu, kirby and possibly a few others.

How exactly do in store pre-orders work? Do I have to make a down payment or something for the amiibos I want or do I have to pay extra for them to pre-order in store?

5$ deposit per Amiibo.

Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to amiibo collecting.

RUN!!!

Just bough my first one yesterday (gold mario).

Return it!!!

I'm looking to get a few more, specifically Samus, Lucina, Charizard, zero suit samus, pikachu, kirby and possibly a few others.

Prepare for a world of hurt, frustration, stress, paranoia, and sleepless nights.

I work at Walmart and I'm so tempted to go to my work and enter 5 minutes before we open so I can secure a Gold Mario haha :(

They're not going to be available in store though.

QUESTION TO THE GROUP

If you knew how much this collection would cost you, and how much trouble you would have to go through to collect them, would you still?

Renewed

QUESTION TO THE GROUP

If you knew how much this collection would cost you, and how much trouble you would have to go through to collect them, would you still?

The routine makes me agitated already, so when other problems begin coming up... let's just say amiibo are the last thing I want to worry about.

I got Shulk so I feel no pain in leaving now, and I'd like some of those sleepless nights back.

Managed to preorder Ness, Lucina, Charizard, Wario and the Splatoon 3-pack form EB this morning 40 mins after the store had been opened.

Brofield

QUESTION TO THE GROUP

You know, once I got more serious about pre-ordering, I feel that the negativity I've experienced is mostly gone now. Not even the amount I've spent is what concerns me, but how fast I spent it in such a short time. Were they in greater numbers, I probably would have spaced out my purchases.

In the end, though, I don't really regret it. I mean, how often are we gonna get Xenoblade collectible merchandise? The fact I got Shulk is really awesome.

MarkusRJR

How limited do you think the Splatoon Amiibos are going to be? I didn't preorder since I thought they'd be pretty easy, is that going to be the case?

GtwoK

Ehhhhhhh. It was fun using my spare time to track them down, kind of adventurous I guess. But it's a huge money sink. If I had a job I would probably be all over getting these next ones but I'm hesitant. Should I go out and preorder them? Or try to find a way to sell all the ones I have? I don't want to have an incomplete collection.

How limited do you think the Splatoon Amiibos are going to be? I didn't preorder since I thought they'd be pretty easy, is that going to be the case?

There will probably be one that is under shipped.

Managed to get one of my two EB orders cancelled today.

I think I'm good for the next little while.

Harusame

QUESTION TO THE GROUP

Probably, but I would be hesitant at first. Though, if I knew initially the difficulty of just collecting them, I wouldn't have hesitated in just buying all of the first wave in one swoop when I had the chance

tiijj

QUESTION TO THE GROUP

Before wave 1 was released, I hesitated, I even cancelled all my pre-order. I thought it was too expensive. But the first three rare hooked me in. Every time a new wave and new exclusive's are announced it feels too much trouble to go through. I have duplicate of some of the earlier rare ones for trade (but it's difficult to trade with someone), sometimes I'm not sure why I pick those up (they add up :( poor wallet lol). I guess the duplicate help me in not actually minding the trouble of trying to get everything since I can always trade it (hoping I'm not lazy to do so lol)

Canadian Amiibo Rumour Round Up

#1 - Toys R Us is taking in store preorders for Greninja next week - Any actual details? Someone posted they spoke to someone but TRU hasn't done preorders since Wave 1.

Verdict: Unlikely

I will be incredibly surprised if TRU does any preorders for Amiibo. Their system is esoteric for preordering items, and they are actually shrinking their Electronics/Video game departments in the near future.

#2 - DNU EB SKUs - Are there 3 or just 1? Seems that even the number of these DNUs has been back and forth. It is likely Gold Mario because they likely aren't doing preorders since it is out in less than a week but got allocation details with Wave 4 details. The other two? I don't think there are any others. The cashier at my EB said it is for PS4 digital content. Wtf???

Verdict: I don't think anyone has an idea...

EB Games arranges SKUs into categories, there is no "Amiibo" category. They're placed under "Collector items" or "Action figures". The Category system isnt accurate, often times things are misplaced. DNUs are often pre-order bonuses, or digital codes that haven't been activated yet.

#3 - EB Games Allocation - Is it pooled or store to store? We have heard both sides from people asking at many EB stores yesterday and today. They are still taking preorders and I hope they know what they're doing and it isn't ignorance because it's a long weekend and no one has been paying attention high up.

Verdict: I think we are worrying too much

I've talked about this before, but nobody seems to listen. Items are allocated by Region(east/west) and then further by store. Store allocations are often given after initial preorder wave. In the case that initial preorder waves exceed total stock, they will stop all preorders and remove it from the system.

Removing preorders can be slow, and might take up to a week, but an email is sent to every store stating to immediately stop preorders. Problems arise since some stores simply ignore this.

In the case of having too many preorders, company policy is first preorders get first dibs. Lazy/apathetic managers will sometimes simply choose to do first come first served on pick up.

Very rarely EB will know exactly how many each store will get before preorders go up. Witcher 3 CE is the most recent example of this. In this case most stores will get atleast one, but bigger stores will always get priority.
#4 - Jugglypuff is Wal Mart Exclusive in Canada - Where is this picture people talk about with it on the list in the Wal Mart system? If so will it be online only like Gold Mario? Even Rosalina ended up in Wal Mart stores.

Verdict: We are fucked

Doubtful. I'd wager Jigglypuff going to Best Buy, or becoming a Rosalina and being shipped to everything in very small quantities.

cmurph

Banned
QUESTION TO THE GROUP

Nah. In reality sense these toys aren't actually worth anything to any one except Nintendo. They be makin' bank, son. The whole collecting and keeping them in boxes so they increase in value thing; doesn't actually make sense. They're toys, not investments.

Everyone seems to be obsessing and stressing over these way too much. Buy them because you want little statuettes of the favorite characters you luv. Don't buy them because you believe that you need to have them all. Why? Hell, in a year's time who here can say that they'll actually want like a hundred of these things cluttering up their home? Most people are just caught up in the hype and suckered in by the thought of how artificially rare they are.

It's a fun little hobby but keep it at that man. Most here are stressing so much that they're losing sleep and haven't left their computers in days because of paranoia of missing a pre-order. That's just not healthy...

QUESTION TO THE GROUP

Probably. Until Wave 4, I haven't been keeping track of the amiibo, or tried to pre-order of hunt for them. I just grabbed the ones I wanted to were available in store when i went there.

Even pre-ordering Wave 4 amiibos was not as bad as I thought it might be. I might preoder again for Palutena, but its for now.

The only thing that would have changed if I knew how amiibo hunting would turn out is I would have picked up the rare wave 1 amiibos when i had the chance.

I do wish I could how gotten a Roselina amiibo, though.

Wasn't able to make it to EB until after 1 and was still able to preorder everything they had. The Splatoon 3 pack and all of wave 4 minus Jiggly and Greninja.

mdubs

Banned
I really feel like they took significantly more preorders than they can fulfill.

Yeah, I don't feel good about the way this weekend has gone. If they had sold out at some point at least that would have been reassuring.

QUESTION TO THE GROUP

I wouldn't want to see a number, that for sure. As for the stress, sure I'd do it again I think the hunt is pretty fun

isny

napkin dispenser
I was sitting on some Amiibo for a friend who never came through with the money, so I have an extra Ike, Meta Knight, Lucario, etc. available.

I'll post the list later, just a heads up in case any of you are still missing some of the last wave.

I was sitting on some Amiibo for a friend who never came through with the money, so I have an extra Ike, Meta Knight, Lucario, etc. available.

I'll post the list later, just a heads up in case any of you are still missing some of the last wave.

PM sent.

Top Bottom