• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Important Notes from Reddit EB Games Employees

There was a very large thread I linked to last night about the EB Games in store preorders and such. I got a lot of details out of them that I will list below.

Links:
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/31hfbc/psa_eb_games_canada_amiibo_buyers_wave_4/
http://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCanada/comments/31hk9v/xpost_from_ramiibo_im_an_eb_games_employee_psa/

-Preorder allocation will be store by store, so stores that kept taking preorders with some people saying their store took up to 100 preorders for Ness alone will be calling people back and letting them know their preorder is ETA, because there is money attached to the preorder they can't just cancel it, but they basically will state the suggested action for people to come in and get their money back as they will be letting people know they cannot fulfil the preorder

-Some stores were aware of the lack of cut off and put a limit on themselves to help make things easier

-When preorders are reviewed store by store it will always be by time of preorder, so if you were the first few in line you are safe, use your common sense to realize you might be screwed

-Nothing will be clarified until Monday/Tuesday, District Managers and Corporate are back tomorrow (Monday April 6th)

-Friday preorders will not be prioritized first, if a store oversold on Friday they oversold their store, stock won't be taken from other stores to fulfil overselling

For the new page

Still no word on whether online stock will get pulled to fill instore orders?

He says that store employees have no details regarding website stock, for anything.

He did say that whenever they get shorted on preorders they do shuffling with stores within a district or Canada wide. They never get to take online stock.

However, given this is a special fuck up they could end up doing anything.

GameStop USA pooled all their inventory together but they didn't do that here.

i-Jest

-Some stores were aware of the lack of cut off and put a limit on themselves to help make things easier

At the Eaton Centre location, when the line shifted and people were directed to line up again else where, one employee said they had limited orders of the Fire Emblem characters and Charizard but everything else was fair game. I hope I'm not apart of the cut off but of it does happpen then no biggie. I'll have another opportunity to order in the future.

EDIT:

Anyone put an order in at the Younge and Dundas location. How were the lineups?

He says that store employees have no details regarding website stock, for anything.

He did say that whenever they get shorted on preorders they do shuffling with stores within a district or Canada wide. They never get to take online stock.

However, given this is a special fuck up they could end up doing anything.

GameStop USA pooled all their inventory together but they didn't do that here.

I'll still say I'll be surprised to see any of it hit the webstore. Their site simply isn't capable of this craziness. If they can move stock without putting their site in jeopardy again, I have to think that's exactly the route they'll take.

More then willing to be wrong on this though.

I'll still say I'll be surprised to see any of it hit the webstore. Their site simply isn't capable of this craziness. If they can move stock without putting their site in jeopardy again, I have to think that's exactly the route they'll take.

More then willing to be wrong on this though.

I'm sure that might be an option they might look at tomorrow when they come back in the office. Tomorrow should be an interesting day for details.

I wonder what will happen to my online order placed on Thursday.

Zing

Banned
I think what's making it so frustrating is that Nintendo is leaving money on the table. There's a clear demand that exceeds the allotted stock that they produce, and they should be capitalizing on that and making it more accessible for consumers, rather than tiring them out through artificial demand. Simply put, it really shouldn't be THIS stressful.
It isn't so easy. The production chain for low cost toys such as this is very slow. It takes a month just for the product to cross the ocean. It is at least three months from ordering at the Chinese factory before they are ready to ship. By the time Amiibo fever peaked with wave 3, that product had been ordered for production six months prior. There was no way for them to predict a tulip mania.

This is the first wave where they may have had the chance to allocate more production. Even then, Nintendo would vastly prefer selling out to overstock. Product left on shelves or in warehouses is costly.

mdubs

Banned
Well, at least we all know that we should probably still be keeping track of when the retailers put their stuff up online

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
If I could travel through time, I'd erase Lucina and Rosalina from existence.

Mostly just Rosalina, the whole waifu attitude towards her is so creepy and disgusting that it's tainted her as a character for me. Not that she had any redeeming qualities in the first place. :p

MarkusRJR

Haha wow, EB Games are so fucked. Can't imagine how they fuck up twice in a row (once online and now in stores). People are going to be super pissed once their preorders all have to get refunded or given as store credit. Feel bad for the store employees since it's not their fault EB Games is shit.

DVCY201

It isn't so easy. The production chain for low cost toys such as this is very slow. It takes a month just for the product to cross the ocean. It is at least three months from ordering at the Chinese factory before they are ready to ship. By the time Amiibo fever peaked with wave 3, that product had been ordered for production six months prior. There was no way for them to predict a tulip mania.

This is the first wave where they may have had the chance to allocate more production. Even then, Nintendo would vastly prefer selling out to overstock. Product left on shelves or in warehouses is costly.

Doesn't excuse them for not restocking other characters. They do one shipment, and then that's it. The only restock were aware of is for Marth. Oh guess what, I picked up Kirby and the Rainbow Curse! Too bad there's no Meta Knight or King Dedede amiibo left. It's looking that way for Splatoon too.

Given how fast amiibo are selling, retailers would gladly take more. It's pushing people into stores, they're lining up for it. Nintendo would vastly prefer to make maximum profit, which they aren't right now. They wouldn't overstock if they properly took and gauged interest. They did a terrible job with amiibos

Kilvin

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to find Fox in Canada? Either in stores or online?

He's pretty much nonexistent in stores now, though he had been hanging around for a fairly long time. Ditto for online, though you could get him for $26 on amazon if you were that desperate.

i-Jest

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to find Fox in Canada? Either in stores or online?

Why the wait? Dude is long gone. Look forward to that Amiibo card just in time for the next Starfox game.

He's pretty much nonexistent in stores now, though he had been hanging around for a fairly long time. Ditto for online, though you could get him for $26 on amazon if you were that desperate.

Pretty much this. If your in Toronto call up the Futureshop at Younge and Eglinton. I vaguely remember seeing one a few months ago. Wait, is that a Best Buy now?

Why the wait? Dude is long gone. Look forward to that Amiibo card just in time for the next Starfox game.

Pretty much this. If your in Toronto call up the Futureshop at Younge and Eglinton. I vaguely remember seeing one a few months ago. Wait, is that a Best Buy now?

What's a FutureShop?

levyjl1988

Banned
Anyone find it weird that Rosalina, Donkey Kong, and Wario for the Mario Party set haven't been announced.

We got:

Wave 4:
Robin, Lucina, Charizard, Wario, PacMan, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Greninja
for May 29

Wave 5:
Palutina and Dark Pit
for July

Wave 6:
Baby Bowser, Gannondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar and Dr. Mario
for September

Wave 7:
3 Yoshi amiibo for Yoshi's Wooly World.

This leaves:
Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Duck Hunt, R.O.B, Mewtwo, and Ness

Hopefully by the end of the year we can or at least finish our Smash Bros. Amiibo lineup.
I'm just sick and tired of limited stock or rare amiibos.

Collecting the Super Mario Bros. lineup was fairly easy imo with the exception of Gold Mario.

Also when will the reprint of Marth be available, I'm missing that one too!

Anyone find it weird that Rosalina, Donkey Kong, and Wario for the Mario Party set haven't been announced.

We got:

Wave 4:
Robin, Lucina, Charizard, Wario, PacMan, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Greninja
for May 29

Wave 5:
Palutina and Dark Pit
for July

Wave 6:
Baby Bowser, Gannondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar and Dr. Mario
for September

Wave 7:
3 Yoshi amiibo for Yoshi's Wooly World.

This leaves:
Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Duck Hunt, R.O.B, Mewtwo, and Ness

Hopefully by the end of the year we can or at least finish our Smash Bros. Amiibo lineup.
I'm just sick and tired of limited stock or rare amiibos.

Collecting the Super Mario Bros. lineup was fairly easy imo with the exception of Gold Mario.

Also when will the reprint of Marth be available, I'm missing that one too!

Don't forget the Splatoon Amiibo on May 29th, and the Animal Crossing Cards at some point this Fall. No idea what the rarity of those will be.

Brofield

AmiiboInquirer just announced Toys R Us was taking pre-orders for Greninja on April 27th. Not sure if it would apply to Canadian retailers.

Damn. I guess I'll have to search on Amazon and Kijiji then. Fox is one that I really want, so I suppose I'll suck it up and spend a few extra dollars.

I've been backpacking in Asia for the past eight months. Didn't have time or money to buy amiibo while I was doing so. Now, I'll be back in Winnipeg in less than two weeks and I want to finally begin collecting. Fox is one that I'd love to have.

i-Jest

I've been backpacking in Asia for the past eight months. Didn't have time or money to buy amiibo while I was doing so. Now, I'll be back in Winnipeg in less than two weeks and I want to finally begin collecting. Fox is one that I'd love to have.

Well that sounds cool. Fun and educating?

Well that sounds cool. Fun and educating?

Definitely fun and educating. Experienced many amazing things and met a lot of wonderful people. Did some volunteering and teaching English, as well. Been a great time, no doubt. And got to avoid at least one Winnipeg winter, so that in itself is a beautiful thing.

hupla

Nice! Which games are you planning to get?

I already have smash cause i wanted the Mewtwo DLC and it was on sale during Christmas and with my CN coins I got W101 and my platinum reward is Tropical Freeze so im gonna start off with a nice stack im really hype!

That's badass.

totally badass. can't be said enough.

Haha, it's been a pretty cool adventure, that's for sure. I can't recommend it enough!

I already have smash cause i wanted the Mewtwo DLC and it was on sale during Christmas and with my CN coins I got W101 and my platinum reward is Tropical Freeze so im gonna start off with a nice stack im really hype!

Wow, three fantastic games to begin with. You're definitely off to a great start with your Wii U collection. Have fun and enjoy!

jholmes

You're off to a good start. Stop by the Nintendo Downloads thread or the Wii U Games 2015 thread if you want more recommendations. All we ever do is talk up awesome games there.

Display cases for openers.

CBqpfFrUMAAw-3K.jpg
CBqpfLVUIAAXz-M.jpg

Not sure why someone would be interested in these cases. Having them displayed individually seems like a little too much work when dusting. Also not sure why someone would order the small size. Why not just buy all large size ones and keep the display consistent? Anyhow...

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-45624

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-45623

Display cases for openers.

Not sure why someone would be interested in these cases. Having them displayed individually seems like a little too much work when dusting. Also not sure why someone would order the small size. Why not just buy all large size ones and keep the display consistent? Anyhow...

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-45624

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-45623

The amiibos do look sharp in those cases, but I think I'd pass. And yeah, why wouldn't a person just buy a bunch of the larger size to keep the collection looking consistent? To each their own, I suppose.

Sora_N

Damn. I guess I'll have to search on Amazon and Kijiji then. Fox is one that I really want, so I suppose I'll suck it up and spend a few extra dollars.

I have one I could let go for cost + shipping so let me know if you want. It will be 10-14 bucks more due to shipping sadly

Top Bottom