• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Rule #something of amiibo: Buy now, think later.

:D

Guess we still have a few other chances:

-EBgames' online store (?)
-Walmart
-BestBuy
-Futureshop
-Target

D:

This is the first time I've been a part of the amiibo pre-order madness and man, does it ever happen quickly. Still, managed a great, unexpected haul: Splatoon 3-pack, Robin, Lucina, Wario, Charizard, and Pac-Man.

Edit: And snagged the Mario SMB amiibo, as well.

Yeah, that's fun. Cheers, everyone.

So I had to put in 3 orders total

The bunch minus Lucina and Warrio (some how missed Lucina the first go around)

Lucina and the book What Do You Want To Do Before You Die: The Buried Life

Then the last order for Wario.

I just got off of chat with amazon. Asked if there was any way to get Warrio combined with one of the other orders to save on shipping. They went ahead and just dropped the shipping charge for me. Nice.

So I had to put in 3 orders total

The bunch minus Lucina and Warrio (some how missed Lucina the first go around)

Lucina and the book What Do You Want To Do Before You Die: The Buried Life

Then the last order for Wario.

I just got off of chat with amazon. Asked if there was any way to get Warrio combined with one of the other orders to save on shipping. They went ahead and just dropped the shipping charge for me. Nice.

What Do You Want To Do Before You Die: The Buried Life

Life after amiibos

GtwoK

Whats the trick for getting free shipping on a single amiibo again? Put them all in my first order, but now that warios up, theres nothing left to get free shipping :(

I want to do that but usually every change to an order drop you at the bottom of the order queue (crazy I know). Now it's save 8$ and possibly not have my order fulfilled or feel safe and pay 8$ of shipping. Decision, decision... Haha!

Whats the trick for getting free shipping on a single amiibo again? Put them all in my first order, but now that warios up, theres nothing left to get free shipping :(

Preorder a game (like Last Guardian lol). Then cancel the order after you get the amiibo.

Or just order Wario and explain your situation to the Amazon chat rep.

I want to do that but usually every change to an order drop you at the bottom of the order queue (crazy I know). Now it's save 8$ and possibly not have my order fulfilled or feel safe and pay 8$ of shipping. Decision, decision... Haha!

Well here's some news for you. I contacted Amazon worried about Lucina shipping with the book and the possibility of damage. Here's my chat transcript...

Me: Hi Chandan
I was wondering if there's any way to leave a note for whoever packs this order to ensure that the amiibo is well packed and protected.

Chandan: Sure. May I have the order # please?

Me: I added the book to make sure I got free shipping, but now I'm concerned the book is going to bounce around in the box and damage the packaging of the figure.

Chandan: Thank you for providing the order number.
Please do not worry, this would be taken careof.

Me: Ideally it'd be great if they could be shipped separately.
I only ordered the book to get the free shipping but now I'm just worried.
and you guys already sold out of Lucina so there's no place a different order.
I just know she's going to be really hard to buy, so I want to make sure that it's not going to arrived damaged.

Chandan: I have done this for you.
Please refresh and check your order now.

Me: checking...
Oh
you were able to separate the two items?

Chandan: Yes. You are right.

Me: I didn't lose the spot in which I ordered the figure? Someone mentioned that if you play with your order, you end up going to the bottom of the list to be fulfilled.

Chandan: It would be the case, when you contact us after few days of placing the order.
Me: Oh so that would only happen if I contacted you a few days after placing the order (being put at the bottom of the list).

Chandan: Since you have contacted on the day you have placed the order, anything that is done now would not affect the order, which means it would not take you to the bottom of the list.
Yes, you are right.

Me: AWESOME.
I'll make sure people know that.

Chandan: Thank you.
Sure.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Me: No, that is all. Thanks again.

Clov

I went and put in a preorder on Amazon.ca for the Inkling Girl Amiibo, since it would be a bit cheaper than EB's website. I already have an Inkling Girl Amiibo preorder from EB's website though; should I send in a request to cancel it? I'm a bit worried that Amazon.ca will have trouble getting the Amiibos out again, but I might be moving at the end of May and it will be easier to change my address through Amazon. I didn't have an EB account when I preordered the Amiibo then either. What should I do?

Looks like I missed Amazon.ca preorders for Lucina and Robin. Charizard, Wario, Pacaman and Inkling still seem to be up. These will probably be our new commons.

e: Ordered Splatoon 3 pack and Charizard as insurance if EB decides my pre-order isn't valid.

GtwoK

SO what are the options for getting Ness now, since it's probably too late to preorder with that huge weekend influx?

Can't believe I've been sucked back in :/

JazzmanZ

So ordering Pac-man, Lucina and Charizard is there a way to get free shipping for the three? because they're all separate orders for some reason.

tiijj

Damn EBGames

The box can was big enough to fit like 4 amiibo but they had to fold the package. :(

rMYWQis.jpg

Damn EBGames

The box can was big enough to fit like 4 amiibo but they had to fold the package. :(

Oh god... I had the best packaging experience from EBGames so far. Now I am scared for my Ness... Haha! I am sorry man, that is ridiculous...

So ordering Pac-man, Lucina and Charizard is there a way to get free shipping for the three? because they're all separate orders for some reason.

Talk to a rep on chat. DeathByBacklog and me were able to get free shipping after explaining ourselves. Say that you could re-order Pac-man and Charizard together for free shipping since they are still in-stock but you would need to cancel your order and that would result in losing Lucina because she is out of stock.

N° 2048

I know that this is not a "hot deal" but if you want Charizard and Pac-man and missed the Gamestop offer now's the chance.

Pac-man: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00V86BRK2/
Charizard: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00V86BJX2/

Ness is exclusive to GS unfortunately and looks like Lucina/Robin/Wario are not live yet. No Jugglypuff to be seen.

Update: looks like Lucina/Robin WERE live were gone in 10 minutes ...

Update 2: Wario now up: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00V86C4LS/

Update 3: Splat0on amiibos for those that cares: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00VHWMK44/

From RedFlag

Clov

I've been reading that you can't actually cancel EB Games online orders after a certain point. Is that true? If so, I think I'll just cancel my Amazon.ca order for Inkling Girl.

tiijj

I've been reading that you can't actually cancel EB Games online orders after a certain point. Is that true? If so, I think I'll just cancel my Amazon.ca order for Inkling Girl.

You can cancel it anytime, you just need to call. You can even return or refuse delivery if you want.

Well technically you can't cancel it if it already shipped so I guess that is "certain point"

Clov

You can cancel it anytime, you just need to call. You can even return or refuse delivery if you want.

Well technically you can't cancel it if it already shipped so I guess that is "certain point"

Oh, neat. I'll keep my Amazon order then.

Top Bottom