• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

I lined up at EB on Friday to get Ness, and I have never lined up for an Amiibo ever.

If EB fucked this shit up I don't even know what I'll do. If I have to wait in line again they better give me the damn thing for free.

I imagine the people who got their orders in early are fine. It's the people who were still ordering an hour or two later who should be worried. I heard stories of people going in an hour later and still getting an order for everything in.

I imagine the people who got their orders in early are fine. It's the people who were still ordering an hour or two later who should be worried. I heard stories of people going in an hour later and still getting an order for everything in.

An hour later? There were people heading in late afternoon and still getting the whole gang.

This truly sucks for everyone, especially those who believed they got their order in. I don't know who initiates these stupid exclusive deals but I do hope that things like the mess at ebgames kills off any further exclusives. It's crap. It suck. And it needs to end.

Please, please, please, someone help me. I need Lucina and Robin. Please someone help me.

Start f5ing the other retailers.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This truly sucks for everyone, especially those who believed they got their order in. I don't know who initiates these stupid exclusive deals but I do hope that things like the mess at ebgames kills off any further exclusives. It's crap. It suck. And it needs to end.
I was just going to say that Nintendo should do direct orders, but then I remember that Club Nintendo is still a shit show at the moment.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was just going to say that Nintendo should do direct orders, but then I remember that Club Nintendo is still a shit show at the moment.
Nintendo directly selling Amiibo from their site would make EB's site look stable. :lol

Nintendo Direct - Post Amiipocalpyse Day 5

How has everyone made out so far since the direct? It's been one hell of a past 5 days and it isn't over yet for many!

My Battle Report

Amazon Canada
-SSB Wave 4 (minus exclusives)
-Splatoon (Singles and 3 Pack)

EB Games Canada
-Ness - Online
-SSB Wave 4 + Ness (minus other exclusives) - In Store
-Splatoon (Singles and 3 Pack) - In Store

Amazon Germany
-Pink Wool Yoshi

Amazon France
-Greninja

NeoGaf Trade
-Jigglypuff

I'm in very good shape!

I was second in line at my EB this past Saturday, so unless they only get one of a certain Amiibo I am good to go. Highly unlikely to happen. So for now my Amazon Canada order is my back up and I will likely keep the online EB Ness to sell to a Gafer at cost (no PMs now). I have a trade setup for Jigglypuff, she is the only one I have no preorder for in the May 29 releases.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No. Whatever quantity they get, they will highlight the list for that many preorders, with that list sorted by transaction date and time. The rest are cancelled.
Hrm, when will they know? I might as well check with the store I went to later on to see if mine or cancelled or not.

Harusame

How has everyone made out so far since the direct? It's been one hell of a past 5 days and it isn't over yet for many!

My Current Status:

~ Pre-ordered all of Wave 4 amiibo available at Ebgames, including Splatoon 3 pack
~ Waiting for Jigglypuff & Greninja to locally pre-order
~ Still missing Shulk & Holy Trinity from past waves
~ Current EB Edge Points: 3,699

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Nintendo Customer service response:

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to locate a Ness amiibo. Regarding your request, I need to explain that Nintendo cannot sell amiibo directly. If you haven't yet already done so, please check the following website for a list of stores that sell amiibo:

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/buynow/

We can certainly understand your thoughts on this matter and want you to know how much we appreciate you sending them in. We also want to assure you that your comments will be added to our records for amiibo and will be made available for other departments at the company to review and thoughtfully consider.

I wish you the best of luck in your search!

Not helpful in the least, but not surprised whatsoever.

Zing

Banned
Interesting thing about the Amazon preorder is that prime shipping explicitly states that I will receive the order on release day. That would be a miracle in my experience with them. They always wait until release day to ship.

I already have lucina/ness/robin coming from Japan, so Amazon is only supplying my Splatoon pack. Also, I apprently prerordered the game itself back when it was $10 cheaper. I forgot!

Wait, why is the game order saying it doesn't ship until May 31? The game is coming out the same Friday as the Amiibos, right? This just a case of amazon forgetting to update the release date?

mdubs

Banned
Taking a moment to contemplate how badly EB will have screwed this up. Do I get to start asking them to compensate me for the gas it costs to go get a refund?

ohlawd post if you're alive, our Lucina orders are in jeopardy

Zing

Banned
As a university student, I get free prime. I most certainly want Splatoon and the amiibos on release day. Otherwise, why not just pick up from a local store?

Devastating.

I woke up this morning to discover that Amazon Canada had cancelled all 5 of my Wave 4 + Splatoon 3-pack pre-orders. How the hell am I supposed to get this stuff again? I'm really upset about this. I guess I'm just not meant to have it easy.

Devastating.

I woke up this morning to discover that Amazon Canada had cancelled all 5 of my Wave 4 + Splatoon 3-pack pre-orders. How the hell am I supposed to get this stuff again? I'm really upset about this. I guess I'm just not meant to have it easy.

?

Edit: Oh right, you still in Asia so you woke up recently?

What reason did they give you? This sucks man...

The e-mail had said they believe an unauthorized party had accessed my account. So right then and there, they outright cancelled everything. I have no idea why this would be. Nothing is unusual on my account or with my bank.

Pretty upset, I have to say.

IP from Asia being suspicious? (Mean Asian trying to pre-order rare amiibo right to your door!)

IP from Asia being suspicious? (Mean Asian trying to pre-order rare amiibo right to your door!)

I'm going to guess that's what caused all of this. I'm most upset that there wasn't first an e-mail sent to confirm whether or not the activity was actually done by me. They just cancelled everything right off the bat.

Now, all that remains to pre-order is the Splatoon 3-pack and Pac-Man. Really, really wanted Lucina.

Edit: In a live chat with Amazon.ca right now. This person is telling me: "No need to worry, your pre-order will be add to your account again. The Account Assist team will respond by e-mail within 24 to 48 hours."

I've never dealt with Amazon assistance before. Is this possible given the volume of people attempting to pre-order these items?

I'm going to guess that's what caused all of this. I'm most upset that there wasn't first an e-mail sent to confirm whether or not the activity was actually done by me. They just cancelled everything right off the bat.

Now, all that remains to pre-order is the Splatoon 3-pack and Pac-Man. Really, really wanted Lucina.

Edit: In a live chat with Amazon.ca right now. This person is telling me: "No need to worry, your pre-order will be add to your account again. The Account Assist team will respond by e-mail within 24 to 48 hours."

I've never dealt with Amazon assistance before. Is this possible given the volume of people attempting to pre-order these items?

Yes if they never put your stuff back up for sale. They might also be taking a little bit less orders than the amount they will get for various reasons including not fucking over people like you. It's no guarantee but I would be optimistic.

Yes if they never put your stuff back up for sale. They might also be taking a little bit less orders than the amount they will get for various reasons including not fucking over people like you. It's no guarantee but I would be optimistic.

Thanks for the promising words. I've never been in this situation before, but I'm going to be optimistic and hope that they're able to just place everything right back to how it was when I went to sleep last night. I guess I'll find out in a day or two.

Come on, Amazon!

Thanks for the promising words. I've never been in this situation before, but I'm going to be optimistic and hope that they're able to just place everything right back to how it was when I went to sleep last night. I guess I'll find out in a day or two.

Come on, Amazon!

Amazon usually work as best as they can to resolve issues like this. They might suck at shipping some items late when you don't have prime but they do have by far the best customer service of all the stores you could buy amiibo from!

ohlawd

Taking a moment to contemplate how badly EB will have screwed this up. Do I get to start asking them to compensate me for the gas it costs to go get a refund?

ohlawd post if you're alive, our Lucina orders are in jeopardy

hold me, dubs

you guys say not to worry if you were one of the first people in line. I never take things for granted.

I still have my Amazon UK Lucina though. gonna cancel that soon. now what, just Best Buy and Walmart left, right?

i-Jest

hold me, dubs

you guys say not to worry if you were one of the first people in line. I never take things for granted.

I still have my Amazon UK Lucina though. gonna cancel that soon. now what, just Best Buy and Walmart left, right?

The Source as well.

Amazon usually work as best as they can to resolve issues like this. They might suck at shipping some items late when you don't have prime but they do have by far the best customer service of all the stores you could buy amiibo from!

Well, that's certainly great to hear! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed here and hoping that they'll come through for me. I'll make sure to post an update in this thread for everyone to have an idea of what to expect if this happens to them while they pre-order any amiibos.

Can't believe I missed the window to snag Robin from Amazon—he was the only one from this wave I really wanted aside from Ness (and my hopes aren't high for Ness). From experience with previous waves, is Amazon.ca likely to reopen orders with a larger allocation or am I out of luck with them?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can't believe I missed the window to snag Robin from Amazon—he was the only one from this wave I really wanted aside from Ness (and my hopes aren't high for Ness). From experience with previous waves, is Amazon.ca likely to reopen orders with a larger allocation or am I out of luck with them?
They seem to randomly open orders again based on past history, but I wouldn't count on it.

MarkusRJR

Any news on EB Games in-store pre-orders? Are they going to somehow get supply for all of them or are the people who weren't first in line fucked.

Any news on EB Games in-store pre-orders? Are they going to somehow get supply for all of them or are the people who weren't first in line fucked.

Haven't heard anything specific yet but it sounds like a real mess. If you're in that situation, I hope you'll come out on the positive side.

Edit: Which EB Games were you going to?

Brian★;159145258 said:
Surprise!
lptCOzZ.png

Yes we do ship to Canada as well!

Top Bottom