• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

This might be a silly question, but can an online EB order be returned in store? I put some dead weight into my Ness orders, and don't particularly want the extra stuff

tiijj

This might be a silly question, but can an online EB order be returned in store? I put some dead weight into my Ness orders, and don't particularly want the extra stuff

Yes and no? You can call them I guess

http://www.ebgames.ca/Help/Index?section=HelpCenter/ReturnPolicy

Items may be returned by taking them to a GameStop or EB Games store location in Canada. Items returned to a GameStop or EB Games store location must be accompanied by the original packing list. Store return policies may vary and are subject to manager approval.

Can you guys catch me up on how one could receive alerts when the BB, TRU, etc, wave 4 pre-orders go up?

Is there some kind of community alert system we have in place?

Weiss

Banned
I've been out of the thread for a while. Did the EB games pre-orders get cancelled or something? I may be reading this wrong.

i-Jest

Missed the Amazon orders for FE Amiibo but got Pacman and Splatoon pack. This is what happens when your engrossed in work. Here's hoping my EB games orders hold up. Also seems EB Games Corporate is still quite about the in-store preorders. I want to be optimistic about all this but it just seems to good to be true.

Harusame

I've been out of the thread for a while. Did the EB games pre-orders get cancelled or something? I may be reading this wrong.

Nothing as of yet. The current assumption is that Ebgames may have placed to many pre-orders in terms of stock, much of it depending on how they are allocating their stock (store and/or online). In the next few days, their might be some calls going out on these cancellations.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Same. I hate the randomness of it all but, then again it is part of the fun.
The only thing that currently sucks is there's no cell signal unless I walk far away from where I'm working right now. That means I don't get a chance to read what's going on until I get home from work (~3:30pm).

Best Buy representative on their forum today:

About Wave 4 of Smash

They seem to be on their way to us soon, there will be an announcement here when all is confirmed so stay tuned!

About Splatoon amiibo

There will be an announcement coming out here soon, keep an eye out!

So it looks (as usual) like they won't pop up as a random surprise, we should know and be able to prepare. What is soon? Hard to tell with them...

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The only thing that currently sucks is there's no cell signal unless I walk far away from where I'm working right now. That means I don't get a chance to read what's going on until I get home from work (~3:30pm).
Which ones are you looking for? I'll see if I can secure any for you.

Edit: Just Robin and Lucina?

mdubs

Banned
Missed the Amazon orders for FE Amiibo but got Pacman and Splatoon pack. This is what happens when your engrossed in work. Here's hoping my EB games orders hold up. Also seems EB Games Corporate is still quite about the in-store preorders. I want to be optimistic about all this but it just seems to good to be true.

Same situation here. Hopefully the Best Buy orders go well

Well amazon sold of Lucina and Robin in what? A half hour? Eb Games were taking orders for 2 days!!! MAJOR SCREW UP!

jitterbug

Neo Member
Well amazon sold of Lucina and Robin in what? A half hour? Eb Games were taking orders for 2 days!!! MAJOR SCREW UP!

A half hour is actually not that bad considering how fast the rosalina amiibo sold out. Still waiting on Eb Games to make an official announcement on web orders although it doesn't seem to look that promising.

A half hour is actually not that bad considering how fast the rosalina amiibo sold out. Still waiting on Eb Games to make an official announcement on web orders although it doesn't seem to look that promising.

Ah but amazon had these set up so that it was only 1 type of amiibo per account. Rosie was able to be bought with multiple orders despite the quantity limit.

Kilvin

Dang, would have liked to do a backup Robin and lucina in case something happens with my Eb order. Oh well, fingers crossed.

I might preorder the inkling girl on amazon, I wasn't going to but she's neat looking.

Edit: placed the order for her. Amazon doesn't charge your credit card until they ship, correct?

Dang, would have liked to do a backup Robin and lucina in case something happens with my Eb order. Oh well, fingers crossed.

I might preorder the inkling girl on amazon, I wasn't going to but she's neat looking.

Edit: placed the order for her. Amazon doesn't charge your credit card until they ship, correct?

Correct.

JazzmanZ

Oh god... I had the best packaging experience from EBGames so far. Now I am scared for my Ness... Haha! I am sorry man, that is ridiculous...

Talk to a rep on chat. DeathByBacklog and me were able to get free shipping after explaining ourselves. Say that you could re-order Pac-man and Charizard together for free shipping since they are still in-stock but you would need to cancel your order and that would result in losing Lucina because she is out of stock.

sorry for not responding sooner, but I talked to someone and the shipping charges have been waived :)

How did everyone make out today?

I got all Wave 4 SSB and all Splatoon (singles plus 3 pack) off Amazon Canada and Greninja from Amazon France early this morning.

So happy I had today off.

JazzmanZ

How did everyone make out today?

I got all Wave 4 SSB and all Splatoon (singles plus 3 pack) off Amazon Canada and Greninja from Amazon France early this morning.

So happy I had today off.

my current standings.

EBgames
-Ness
-Girl Inkling

Amazon
-Mario Party Mario
-Lucina
-Pac-man
-Charizard.

Weiss

Banned
Nothing as of yet. The current assumption is that Ebgames may have placed to many pre-orders in terms of stock, much of it depending on how they are allocating their stock (store and/or online). In the next few days, their might be some calls going out on these cancellations.

Ah. Do we know if EB's pulling from one big stock, or if every store is getting an allotment? I was fifth in line last Saturday, but that's probably still pushing it for amiibos.

my current standings.

EBgames
-Ness
-Girl Inkling

Amazon
-Mario Party Mario
-Lucina
-Pac-man
-Charizard.

Amazon Canada
-SSB Wave 4 (minus exclusives)
-Splatoon (Singles and 3 Pack)

EB Games
-Ness - Online
-SSB Wave 4 + Ness (minus other exclusives) - In Store
-Splatoon (Singles and 3 Pack) - In Store

Amazon Germany
-Pink Wool Yoshi

Amazon France
-Greninja

I'm in good shape!

I was second in line at my EB this past Saturday. Amazon Canada is my back up and I will likely keep the online EB Ness to sell to a Gafer at cost (no PMs now).

Harusame

Even though I placed my pre-order for the seven amiibos in Ebgames on Friday upon opening, I am still somewhat worried on how these assumed cancellations will turn out. I guess for my case, the saying "don't put all your eggs in one basket" my apply...

balohna

I lined up at EB on Friday to get Ness, and I have never lined up for an Amiibo ever.

If EB fucked this shit up I don't even know what I'll do. If I have to wait in line again they better give me the damn thing for free.

Top Bottom