• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

balohna

I imagine the people who got their orders in early are fine. It's the people who were still ordering an hour or two later who should be worried. I heard stories of people going in an hour later and still getting an order for everything in.
Ah ok, yeah I was like the 5th in line at this location. So that's a relief.

Once again I hope it is per store allocation and not one lump pool. I will be quite disappointed if Good Friday pre orders used up all the stock.

Once again I hope it is per store allocation and not one lump pool. I will be quite disappointed if Good Friday pre orders used up all the stock.

I don't see any reason they would do this. EB has been doing preorders for years and they are pretty good at it so I don't see why they would change the way they do things now.

Brofield

If there was a major screw up at EB, how soon would we hear about it? This morning? Or will phone calls be sent out in the afternoon?

Zing

Banned
Their preorder system appears to ship exactly the required amount (as much as possible, and extras if available) to each store. I understand why you hope it is handled differently, but then would it be fair to those who preordered before you?

Chatin

Darn. Missed out on Amazon. Guess I'll be waiting and hoping to catch Best Buy at the right time for Robin and Lucina. Good luck with that.

DNU??? Source for this or the 1:30 gold Mario?

Gold Mario has been added the website data base, confirmed by staff in store. 1:30pm EST by a regional manager, could all be bullshit.

There were 3 Do Not Use SKUs when the in store EB preorders were allowed in store, some stores allowed people to preorder them because they might be Jiggly or something. One ended up being Gold Mario, and they aren't doing in store pre-orders, so none will be honoured.

Their preorder system appears to ship exactly the required amount (as much as possible, and extras if available) to each store. I understand why you hope it is handled differently, but then would it be fair to those who preordered before you?

The scenario I'm describing is that some store were open on Good Friday, were most store are required to be shut down. Is it really fair if only the store that were open on a holiday get stock, where store that only starting taking preoders on Saturday get nothing?

The scenario I'm describing is that some store were open on Good Friday, were most store are required to be shut down. Is it really fair if only the store that were open on a holiday get stock, where store that only starting taking preoders on Saturday get nothing?

Usually each store is allocated a set amount of units they are allowed to presell on products that are going to be in limited supply. That's the way EB has been doing it for a long time.

There has been nothing that I have seen to substantiate this universal pool rumour. I don't see why EB would change the way they do things now.

Usually each store is allocated a set amount of units they are allowed to presell on products that are going to be in limited supply. That's the way EB has been doing it for a long time.

There has been nothing that I have seen to substantiate this universal pool rumour. I don't see why EB would change the way they do things now.

There hasn't been enough details back and forth.

Some people think Friday preorders took everything because they didn't get a cut off, while others say it is store by store and being the first couple in the line on Saturday likely guaranteed your pre-orders.

Mysterious has been saying mass cancellations are inbound at the Eaton's Centre one, which WAS open on Friday and DID go overboard with pre-orders. So in that case, it would mean that it is store by store.

I JUST CANCELLED MY AMAZON CANADA GOLD MARIO - KEEP AN EYE OUT

The one I got from Wal Mart USA was in perfect condition and everything, the second one wasn't go it went to my friend. Don't need a second one/

I JUST CANCELLED MY AMAZON CANADA GOLD MARIO - KEEP AN EYE OUT

The one I got from Wal Mart USA was in perfect condition and everything, the second one wasn't go it went to my friend. Don't need a second one/

Awesome! Will definitely be having a few looks to see if it pops up. Thanks for the notice!

Has anyone tried to contact any Canadian TRU stores or corporate?

I'm afraid that I haven't. I'll have no problem doing it once I'm back in Canada a week from now. With any luck, everyone will have a better idea of what's happening long before then. The sooner, the better. I'd love to get my hands on the Greninja amiibo, too!

So what does it mean that the DNU pre-orders are null? Are all the pre-orders from Saturday gone?

No there were Do Not Use pre-orders they let people preorder, it ended up not being amiibo and one is Gold Mario which they are NOT taking pre-orders for since it releases in 3 days. So they will be cancelled and funds returned.

Weiss

Banned
No there were Do Not Use pre-orders they let people preorder, it ended up not being amiibo and one is Gold Mario which they are NOT taking pre-orders for since it releases in 3 days. So they will be cancelled and funds returned.

Phew. I guess I'm too paranoid my pre-order will be cancelled.

i-Jest

There hasn't been enough details back and forth.

Some people think Friday preorders took everything because they didn't get a cut off, while others say it is store by store and being the first couple in the line on Saturday likely guaranteed your pre-orders.

Mysterious has been saying mass cancellations are inbound at the Eaton's Centre one, which WAS open on Friday and DID go overboard with pre-orders. So in that case, it would mean that it is store by store.

Fuck....I'm really hoping for the best here. I really don't want to be apart of that cutoff. It's going to be a bitch getting the Fire Emblem Amiibo else where. The sales associate at Eaton Centre said they had plentiful Ness orders so I'm not as worried about Ness at this point but not even Ness is guaranteed.

In Bestbuy I trust.

explodet

The email from EB mentions two order numbers, and that there's a 1 person limit for amiibos. If he got the whole order rejected because of one duplicate item, that'd suck.

The email from EB mentions two order numbers, and that there's a 1 person limit for amiibos. If he got the whole order rejected because of one duplicate item, that'd suck.

You're right. This person definitely had two orders. They cancelled the more recent out of the two. I imagine that is their criteria.

Now what?

Just look at the letter from the person who had their order cancelled and compare numbers.

Top Bottom