• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Around 700 orders from mine. Fingers crossed. I don't care about the Splatoon, or Wario too much. I figure they will be found else where. But that Ness..

explodet

UPDATE

Apparently that person ordered in store as well for the same items and that is why, since it is attached to EDGE cards (online and in store).

I am glad I didn't do this.

Thread has been deleted off Reddit since
sagat_laugh.gif

Well, that brief panic was fun.
And now back to the wall.

UPDATE

Apparently that person ordered in store as well for the same items and that is why, since it is attached to EDGE cards (online and in store).

I am glad I didn't do this.

Thread has been deleted off Reddit since

From the letter I don't believe that is the case.

He has two online order numbers that are very close together in sequence. He wouldn't have been able to do one online and in store in a number of minutes.

H4U4xjs.png

Unless the 1100467 order does not have Amiibos on it at all. I find that hard to believe considering the timing.

Future shop Yonge and Eglinton has regular Marios from the SMB series sitting on the shelf.

I haven't seen them on their own before.

lilty

So if I pre-ordered in store on Saturday am I okay? I pre-ordered back in my hometown and was the first and only person in line.

So if I pre-ordered in store on Saturday am I okay? I pre-ordered back in my hometown and was the first and only person in line.

As of right now YES

I was second in line at my location and we got let in at 9:20am EST, my transaction went through at 9:23am EST.

The ONLY thing that could prove troublesome for us is if the allocation pool is nationwide, and if the stores open on Friday oversold and they get the stock.

Signs point this won't be the case as stores that were open on Friday that did oversell are cancelling orders.

So the only items we know EB is cancelling for sure?

- Duplicate online only Amiibo orders. We haven't had a verification of someone with a single online and a single in store order having one of them cancelled yet.

- "Do not use" orders in store that were preordered.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to think Ness won't even be back on EBgames' website... Ugh, collecting amiibos is incredibly frustrating, and I'm not even trying to get a full set.

And I had the chance to pick them up again yesterday on Amazon, didnt do it because I already had them with EB Games, thats what I get for being nice and fair.

lilty

As of right now YES

I was second in line at my location and we got let in at 9:20am EST, my transaction went through at 9:23am EST.

The ONLY thing that could prove troublesome for us is if the allocation pool is nationwide, and if the stores open on Friday oversold and they get the stock.

Signs point this won't be the case as stores that were open on Friday that did oversell are cancelling orders.
Anxiously waiting for the official statement at this point.

espher

Wow, I'm salty I didn't think to check this thread yesterday. Missed out on like 90% of the Wave 4 pre-orders.

Got Pac-Man, the Splatoon ones (pack and singles), and Mario. Got someone putting in an order for me so I have my 'second set' -- hopefully nothing gets destroyed in transit.

It's gonna suck not having the rest of the Wave. :(

Fingers crossed for a restock down the road...

Weiss

Banned
Ugh. I'm still worried that I won't get my pre-orders.

I think I'm going to drop from amiibo collecting once Wave 4 passes. Except for Duck Hunt and Game & Watch, none of the upcoming characters interest me, and the rest I want are practically impossible to find and probably not getting any substantial reprints.

espher

Ugh. I'm still worried that I won't get my pre-orders.

I think I'm going to drop from amiibo collecting once Wave 4 passes. Except for Duck Hunt and Game & Watch, none of the upcoming characters interest me, and the rest I want are practically impossible to find and probably not getting any substantial reprints.

With the exception of Splatoon, it looks like all the ones I really want for use (nevermind the collection side) are going to be 'chase', too. I'm still going to get what I can get, but, not importing anymore (I never did chase scalpers). Hell, I can't even order or buy 'extras' of potentially-rare ones to have as tradebait now that everything is capped.

Harusame

Just visted my local ebgames to pick up my pre-ordered copy of Etrian Mystery Dungeon and talked to them about current situation about the amiibos. They did say that they did place a quite a number of pre-orders, however head office has not gotten back to them in terms of amount allocated for the store and whether or not they are going to do calls for cancellations. If they are going to have to do some calls, they did place an emphasis on the fact that they would rather not do that.

Top Bottom