• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Hey Byron, just noticed you got two orders with EB Games.. are both of yours still good? I also did an in store/online order but just hoping one won't get cancelled. The only thing that would be the same for both of my orders would be the phone # I gave

I used my friend's EDGE card in store because I was paranoid. So I can't confirm or deny that might happen.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, just thought about that: do we know why there's a "mini-wave" in July consisting only of the 2 last Kid Icarus characters? It's the first time we have such a small wave, and consisting only of characters from a single series...

My unrealistic expectation prediction: a new, amiibo-compatible, Kid Icarus game is coming in July!

Hey, just thought about that: do we know why there's a "mini-wave" in July consisting only of the 2 last Kid Icarus characters? It's the first time we have such a small wave, and consisting only of characters from a single series...

My unrealistic expectation prediction: a new, amiibo-compatible, Kid Icarus game is coming in July!

Japan and Europe get them + ZSS + Ganondorf in June, and Olima+Bowser Jr+Some others in July. Lol.

RANT

I don't think we are getting any details on Wave 4 online and in store pre-orders from EB this week.

It fills me with rage that a company can take hundreds of thousands of dollars (for nothing as of right now but a pre-order that is at risk) from people and not provide communication to us.

Funds that EB Games and Gamestop USA get for pre-orders goes into a financial account that accumulates interest for them, so they are making money off our misery...right now.

SCREW YOU EB - COMMUNICATE WITH US

Let's do the math, there are 320 EB locations in Canada, let's say each store sold 50 pre-orders, each paying $30 (average) per pre-order of 6 amiibo. That is almost HALF A MILLION DOLLARS ($480 000). This is a conservative estimate, not accounting for many people who likely pre-ordered everything or even paid in full.

isny

napkin dispenser
Alright, finally had time to go through and make a list of those extra Amiibo I have. Keep in mind that I'm in Ottawa and would have to ship unless you're also in Ottawa and or can pick them up somehow.

I received a ton of PM's, in the following order:

Fate_Shirou
LegendOfGood
GunFalcon
Hung_real
Hours Left
ColonelSkills
Swhalen
Jessi

(Yes I got a lot of PM's, lol)

So dibs go in that order. If you PM me and your name isn't on that list, you'll get bumped to after Jessi and I'll go in order from there.

Now, on with the list.

Meta Knight
Ike
Sheik
Sonic
Toon Link
Mega Man x2

Alright, finally had time to go through and make a list of those extra Amiibo I have. Keep in mind that I'm in Ottawa and would have to ship unless you're also in Ottawa and or can pick them up somehow.

I received a ton of PM's, in the following order:

Fate_Shirou
LegendOfGood
GunFalcon
Hung_real
Hours Left
ColonelSkills
Swhalen
Jessi

(Yes I got a lot of PM's, lol)

So dibs go in that order. If you PM me and your name isn't on that list, you'll get bumped to after Jessi and I'll go in order from there.

Now, on with the list.

Meta Knight
Ike
Sheik
Sonic
Toon Link
Mega Man x2

I'm still interested in Meta Knight, sir. (Unless of course Fate_Shirou wants it!)

RANT

I don't think we are getting any details on Wave 4 online and in store pre-orders from EB this week.

It fills me with rage that a company can take hundreds of thousands of dollars (for nothing as of right now but a pre-order that is at risk) from people and not provide communication to us.

Funds that EB Games and Gamestop USA get for pre-orders goes into a financial account that accumulates interest for them, so they are making money off our misery...right now.

Let's do the math, there are 320 EB locations in Canada, let's say each store sold 50 pre-orders, each paying $30 (average) per pre-order of 6 amiibo. That is almost HALF A MILLION DOLLARS ($480 000). This is a conservative estimate, not accounting for many people who likely pre-ordered everything or even paid in full.

It sucks to wait for an update, but we need to be patient and hope for the best...

Meanwhile we just have to buy some 20% off headsets and #GetHard.

Thanks for the contribution!

Seriously...bug off

Just because amiibo consumes your entire life doesn't mean it's this companies only concern. Why don't you just relax and stop acting like your the only person on this thread. You shared your doom and gloom he told you to relax. You want to say whatever you want so let him.

Just because amiibo consumes your entire life doesn't mean it's this companies only concern. Why don't you just relax and stop acting like your the only person on this thread. You shared your doom and gloom he told you to relax. You want to say whatever you want so let him.

Condescending comments aren't welcome to me.

This retailer empathy shit is hilarious.

They took half a million dollars from people and are making money off of it with no guarantee of pre-orders and a debacle of an online launch for pre-orders. Not to mention the runaway in-store pre-orders that corporate allowed on a long weekend and stores went overboard.

I don't care about the company's concerns, I am a customer.

Acting like the only person here? Seriously? Yes, I post a lot of updates and pre-orders etc. (I can confidently say more than anyone in this thread) for MYSELF.

Bug off...

Just ranting, this is a place to vent.

I am not freaking out? I am sitting at work burning the rest of the day, hahaha. Did you not see my Battle Report?

No apparently this is a place for YOU to vent and tell everyone else to "bug off" if they say something you don't like.

No apparently this is a place for YOU to vent and tell everyone else to "bug off" if they say something you don't like.

You just replied with a condescending reply. You didn't add anything.

Sorry I can't vent. Seriously? Yeeeeesh

BORING!

I sense SALT

Maybe add to the conversation instead of just being rude? I didn't attack anyone or say anything wrong or incorrect. Feel free to correct me, otherwise you're just being rude.

Being one of the top contributors to this thread and being told I think this is all for ME is offensive. I am 36/36 NIB NA and have all Wave 4+Splatoon pre-ordered with back ups and many that are going to Gafers.

When I post stuff here it is for OTHERS

zroid

Banned
just let Byron post what he wants guys, he certainly contributes enough positively as it is. we already got kicked out of one thread, let's not create further internal strife to go with it.

Can the next amiibo thread subtitle be "filled with rage"

Hahahaha yes!

It is moreso the fact that they do that with pre-order money, and you may NEVER get it but they made money anyways!

Those that had an in-store pre-order cancelled, they made money off you

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
If it weren't for Byron, I would have missed out on pre orders for Shulk, Meta Knight, and Wave 4, so I'm more than OK with him venting. Besides, he's bringing up some good points.

i-Jest

Meanwhile on newegg.com...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...size=90&Page=1

Why .ca doesn't have this, is beyond me.

The Canadian sites Amiibo collection is near non-existant and has been for a while now. I could send them a message asking why that is but somehow I feel I'd be waiting my time. If they wanted to get in on Amiibo, we'd see a bigger selection by now. They've also downsized on locations right, or am I thinking about Tiger Direct? So the website is just that much more important now. Guess they don't want any crashes if they can avoid it.

You just replied with a condescending reply. You didn't add anything.

Sorry I can't vent. Seriously? Yeeeeesh

BORING!

I sense SALT

Maybe add to the conversation instead of just being rude? I didn't attack anyone or say anything wrong or incorrect. Feel free to correct me, otherwise you're just being rude.

Being one of the top contributors to this thread and being told I think this is all for ME is offensive. I am 36/36 NIB NA and have all Wave 4+Splatoon pre-ordered with back ups and many that are going to Gafers.

When I post stuff here it is for OTHERS

All you did was have a little rant about a bunch of conjecture. Neither you or I have any idea how much stock EB Games is getting, what there plan for all these orders is, ext. You are speaking as if what your saying is fact. I'm allowed to defend a company just as your allowed to defame it. Until something official is said there is no reason to be freaking out over it. Not all of us can be on here all the time to post when stock goes up and im sure many are thankful you do that, but it doesn't just give you a right to tell people to back off whenever you feel offended. I have a full collection just like you, got plenty of extra rares during wave 3 and helped out other Gafers too. Your not the only one, so quit acting like it. Don't worry I wont reply to you ever again, you just keep doing whatever you feel like, its clear you cant take any criticism without being offended.

All you did was have a little rant about a bunch of conjecture. Neither you or I have any idea how much stock EB Games is getting, what there plan for all these orders is, ext. You are speaking as if what your saying is fact. I'm allowed to defend a company just as your allowed to defame it. Until something official is said there is no reason to be freaking out over it. Not all of us can be on here all the time to post when stock goes up and im sure many are thankful you do that, but it doesn't just give you a right to tell people to back off whenever you feel offended. I have a full collection just like you, got plenty of extra rares during wave 3 and helped out other Gafers too. Your not the only one, so quit acting like it. Don't worry I wont reply to you ever again, you just keep doing whatever you feel like, its clear you cant take any criticism without being offended.

FIRST
This is the first time you have attempted to actually build a counter argument about the EB situation. Try doing that next time instead of just personal attacks

SECOND
None is conjecture. There is no way they properly took preorders. We ALL know this and many employees did too and were proactive and cut off preorders themselves. Regarding the interest profits they make. Check their earnings report that is public.

THIRD
I have a wife and 3 kids along with a full time job yet I still manage to contribute actively.

FORTH
I told people to bug off like you because you did not add to the conversation/debate. You just attacked me personally.

FIFTH
I AM NOT ACTUALLY MAD

LOL

cmurph

Banned
RANT

Man, you're too serious about amiibos dood.

For all you know they're in touch with Nintendo to see if they can fulfill all the preorders.

For all you know they're in touch with Nintendo to see if they can fulfill all the preorders.

You might not wanna try and talk to him, he might send you a nasty message saying how unimportant you are cause you're a junior member like he did to me. Lmao.. Truly the amiibo saviour this thread needs.

Hahahaha I love that people think I'm actually mad. Come on! It's all about the theatrics!

I read an article my friend gave me from his business class about preorder business and such and it mentioned this and it's crazy to think about but makes total sense since preorder culture is such a huge thing for GameStop/EB.

You might not wanna try and talk to him, he might send you a nasty message saying how unimportant you are cause you're a junior member like he did to me. Lmao.. Truly the amiibo saviour this thread needs.

Boring!!!

Soon you can all thank this guy for me leaving. I don't need your shit buddy.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Another Byron tantrum? The Grim Fandango one was something...

Your contribution to this thread is really appreciated and you allowed me to order a few rare amiibos, but seriously... you should calm down...

Chatin

The point is that it would be nice to feel like there is some concern for their customers and keeping them in the loop, rather than tentatively taking our preorder money and leaving us out to dry with no indication whether they are trying to resolve the situation in our favor or if we are better off to pursue these purchases elsewhere because it isn't looking good after the complications of the wave 4 preorder process.

I hope EB Games has a rebate rate, where customers whose orders aren't going to be fulfilled get their loan money back + a portion of the accumulated overnight interest.

Haha, yeah, as if that is going to happen.

I hope EB Games has a rebate rate, where customers whose orders aren't going to be fulfilled get their loan money back + a portion of the accumulated overnight interest.

That's why preorders are messed up. Customer could end up getting nothing but they make money anyways.

Well.. according to Gamestop's 2012 annual report there revenue in Canada was over 478 million dollars. Its a pretty big stretch to believe they would intentionally screw over customers over some interest on half a million dollars when pre-ordering is a key component of their business.

Well.. according to Gamestop's 2012 annual report there revenue in Canada was over 478 million dollars. Its a pretty big stretch to believe they would intentionally screw over customers over some interest on half a million dollars when pre-ordering is a key component of their business.

I never once said they planned to take as many preorders as possible to make the interest profits. The point I was making is that even tho they screwed up preorders and haven't communicated with us, in what will soon be a week, they still net profits.

The fact that is a good portion of their business is ridiculous. And that they make profits off the preorders they can't even fullfil. Not to mention how awful preorder culture is to the gaming industry as a whole.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.855337-Jimquisition-The-Poison-of-Pre-Order-Culture

cmurph

Banned
I never once said they planned to take as many preorders as possible to make the interest profits. The point I was making is that even tho they screwed up preorders and haven't communicated with us, in what will soon be a week, they still net profits.

The fact that is a good portion of their business is ridiculous. And that they make profits off the preorders they can't even fullfil. Not to mention how awful preorder culture is to the gaming industry as a whole.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.855337-Jimquisition-The-Poison-of-Pre-Order-Culture

Sounds like they have a good thing going for them really... If I ran a business the only thing I'd be after would be money. EB just trying to git paid. No one has to go in and preorder. Hell, I prefer to pick up the games I want months down the line for next to nothing - bundled complete GOTY editions.

Top Bottom