• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Byron are you not just collecting NA amiibo? I really wish my son was an opener. This hunt for amiibos would be so much easier if he were.

EDIT: There's going to be a lot of TICKED OFF UK fans when a bunch of foreigners swoop down and scoop their amiibo.

Indeed! But these alerts are for everyone! ;)

It comes to $24USD per Amiibo with shipping and VAT

I have all my Wave 4+Splatoon preordered NA except for Greninja with is an AMAZON Germany preorder as a backup.

Indeed! But these alerts are for everyone! ;)

It comes to $24USD per Amiibo with shipping and VAT

I have all my Wave 4+Splatoon preordered NA except for Greninja with is an AMAZON Germany preorder as a backup.
Same price if you order one? Thinking of grabbing a ZSS......gonna open it up anyways, hmmmmmm

....I'd probaly end up with three of the figures....acting like otaku hijikata haha

I saw it at Toys R Us today. Best Buy had them in store yesterday. I made a post.

How easy is it to cancel Game orders?

From where? I've cancelled and returned things from all over. Never had any problems yet. Some times it requires a call. I prefer webchat. But otherwise I'll just refuse delivery and then it just goes right back to whoever. BB, TRU, Amazon, EB, Walmart. You name it. I've cancelled or returned something from all of them at least once.

EDIT. OH..ha! You were talking about that retailer GAME. Gotcha.

lilty

$24USD with shipping and VAT

About $30 CAN

Thanks! I'll pre-order tonight from them if I can and then just cancel if I can secure an NA version for cheaper. I don't care about the packaging (I only have 2 still in the box) so that works. Better than paying a scalper $50.

jholmes

Seriously guys can we not bump the thread for meta-complaining and discuss amiibos? I'd rather leave the mods out of this but if people keep using this as their fucking blog I'll be a narc.

I'm going to try. The extra 10-15 dollars is worth my sanity.

If I was opening them I would jump on it for sure! I still prefer to have a EU one then nothing at all. However, I never missed a preorder for anyone so far. It's just a bit less stressful to know that there is one coming anyway... Makes me realize that I need to cancel my Ness and Lucina from Amazon UK.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seriously guys can we not bump the thread for meta-complaining and discuss amiibos? I'd rather leave the mods out of this but if people keep using this as their fucking blog I'll be a narc.
Time to make a spinoff thread?

If I was opening them I would jump on it for sure! I still prefer to have a EU one then nothing at all. However, I never missed a preorder for anyone so far. It's just a bit less stressful to know that there is one coming anyway... Makes me realize that I need to cancel my Ness and Lucina from Amazon UK.
Hah, I can't imagine trying to get a complete sealed set like some of you guys. I think I'd die of amiibo-induced stress.

What do you mean? What should not be allowed? (beside fighting between each other of course)

Hah, I can't imagine trying to get a complete sealed set like some of you guys. I think I'd die of amiibo-induced stress.

I am not going for a full set but it just happens that the amiibo I really want are always super rare like Shulk, Rosalina, Lucina, Ness and probably ZSS.

hupla

Byron are you not just collecting NA amiibo? I really wish my son was an opener. This hunt for amiibos would be so much easier if he were.

EDIT: There's going to be a lot of TICKED OFF UK fans when a bunch of foreigners swoop down and scoop their amiibo.

i feel bad for anyone who is a MISP collector and ALSO cares about the region lol, it must be hell, and it aint they 80s anymore so it just seems like a hassle for nothing.

i feel bad for anyone who is a MISP collector and ALSO cares about the region lol, it must be hell, and it aint they 80s anymore so it just seems like a hassle for nothing.

I had a conversation with my son regarding collecting a full set, and keeping them MIP. I had to make sure he was in it for the right reason. If thinking these are going to put his kids through college one day was his motivation, then he'd be truly disappointed. As "rare" as these are, they're still MASS produced beyond countable measures. These won't hold value. It's just hot for now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does GAME charge right away? Temp charge? Nothing until shipping? Thanks!

Sales are usually charged to your card at the time of despatch, but charges can be taken up to seven days before. We do however authorise your card for £1 when you place the transaction to ensure you have given us the right details. This money may appear to have been removed from your account but it will be available after a few days once the authorisation has expired.

This seems to be standard UK practice outside of Amazon.

Also, I find it weird that in the UK, it's despatch and not dispatch. English is a weird language. lol

I'm going to try getting a ZSS from game, since I need 3, one for preservation, one for admiring and one for practical use (Kudos to anyone who got that reference).....

I could use paypal right on game?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So about $30USD each if you order more than 1... Tempting, but i dont want to pay $75CAD for ZSS and Palutena. thats not even counting the 15% import fee we will probably be hit with since the order total is about $20.
I wonder if it'd be hit by customs, since I've never had to pay for Amazon.co.uk orders.

Yep. In the UK they are already marked up because of demand. lol

They say the Amiibo is 14.99 and at the bottom they add:
VAT(20%) £3.32
Shipping £4.95
Total £19.94

It should be £23.26... I don't get it. On the link posted by Byron, someone says it's 34.60 US for one amiibo which would be 43.28$ for us. That fits the conversion of 23.26 UK to CAN. If it's 43.28$ for 1 amiibo I am out for sure... Looks like they don't charge the VAT when shipping to Canada or it's a glitch and they will charge it. Anyway, 37.22$ CAN if there don't charge VAT, 43.28$ CAN if they do.

43.28$ for 1 amiibo

Whoa. Guys...think this one through a bit more. That's a 300% markup. That...is crazy.

And honestly if you're going to pay that for a European amiibo that may be readily available in NA, why not just wait it out. Worse case scenario you pay $40 for a NA one on ebay.

Boggles the mind that people are refusing to buy on ebay, yet would pay the same price to ship a EU version across the pond.

Top Bottom