• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Draysoth

If this reddit thread is an indication...there's going to be a lot of people with dupes of Gold Mario.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCanada/comments/31yobd/has_anybody_received_a_shipping_confirmation/

Which then leads me to wonder. If BB orders have shipped, but FS orders have not, is it possible that now that they have orders from both retailers, that they would go through the effort to cancel duplicate orders?

BB shipped mine, FS no word - no charges yet tho. Also no word from Walmart - I stocked up in case something fell thru.

LIST OF REMAINING CANADIAN WAVE 4 OPPORTUNITIES - UPDATED

Wal Mart
-In store on launch day
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only)

Videogamesplus.ca
-Online preorders

The Source
-In store on launch day (very hit or miss)
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only - hit or miss as well)

Best Buy
-Online preorders
-In store on launch day

Toys R Us
-In store on launch day
-Online on launch day/week

EB Games
-Possibly more online preorders
-In store on launch day for commons (maybe)

Amazon Canada
-Splatoon and Pac Man still available for preorder
-Possible restocks closer to launch (unlikely)

Chapters
-Online stock (launch week/day) - likely all commons
Please quote and add more! For hope!

LIST OF REMAINING CANADIAN WAVE 4 OPPORTUNITIES

Wal Mart
-In store on launch day

Videogamesplus.ca
-Online preorders

The Source

Best Buy
-Online preorders
-In store on launch day

Toys R Us
-In store on launch day
-Online on launch day

EB Games
-In store on launcha day for commons (maybe)

I'm predicting TRU will put some online like they did with Lucario because otherwise I am totally fucked.

tiijj

I'm predicting TRU will put some online like they did with Lucario because otherwise I am totally fucked.

Same here :( but offering mk for grenninja lol

Although, TRU has a crappy packaging as well, they didn't put any packing material on my previous order. I only got a good copy of lucario from a trade

Amazon is now charging credit cards for Gold Mario.

Should also note that I stopped in at our Walmart here and talk my friend that manages the video department. He's heard no word whatsoever about them receiving Gold Mario. He did say that since the release date is tomorrow, it's possible they receive a shipment later today.

They did mention on their twitter that they weren't going to be available in store but with these amiibos...anything is possible. https://twitter.com/WalmartCanada/status/585787588327399424

Begbie

LIST OF REMAINING CANADIAN WAVE 4 OPPORTUNITIES

Wal Mart
-In store on launch day

Videogamesplus.ca
-Online preorders

The Source

Best Buy
-Online preorders
-In store on launch day

Toys R Us
-In store on launch day
-Online on launch day/week

EB Games
-In store on launch day for commons (maybe)

Amazon Canada
-Splatoon and Pac Man still available for preorder
-Possible restocks closer to launch (unlikely)

Chapters has amiibos listed, nothing for wave 4 is up there. I can't imagine they would get that many anyways

Amazon is now charging credit cards for Gold Mario.

Should also note that I stopped in at our Walmart here and talk my friend that manages the video department. He's heard no word whatsoever about them receiving Gold Mario. He did say that since the release date is tomorrow, it's possible they receive a shipment later today.

They did mention on their twitter that they weren't going to be available in store but with these amiibos...anything is possible. https://twitter.com/WalmartCanada/status/585787588327399424

I know for a fact the Walmart I work at isn't getting any.

And I caved and ordered Pit, Marth, Ike, and Shulk off of PlayAsia. I am surprisingly okay with the price $134.40 for 4 amiibo and shipping. It's cheaper than anywhere else I could find. Now I just need Jigglypuff and Greninja and I'll be set until Wave 5 goes up.

Sealtest

Got olimar,zzs,ganon,greninja,palutena and dark pit.

How does this company ship to Canada? will Canada Post make final delivery?

Sealtest

So.. After placing my order I got an email for confirmation and all them say sold out under availablity, Maybe I didn't get my order in fast enough.

Sealtest

Upon looking at my order on zavvi they all say awaiting stock pick, So maybe i'm fine? who knows.

I'm also hoping that they deliver canada post because this will be one expensive bill if it comes courier.

amiiboCanadaGaf - LINE

I've put together a LINE chat and alert together. Send me a PM if you want to join! Just include your LINE handle.

It is a great chat service. Alerts help a lot when being away. So you would get an alert of ZAVVI preorders for instance, as a text message. I never used it myself before amiibo and now I love it. You will love stickers. Trust me.

I am part of the LINE alerters for the main amiibo OT. So all bases are covered here and you can help alert too!

Google LINE for all the details. Available on pretty much anything, mobile too.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Any idea how much shipping will be? I'm really trying to pay only (canadian) retail price for amiibos, or as close to it as possible, but if shipping is cheap, that's very tempting...

Sealtest

BTW zavvi is not guaranteeing those orders because of the speed they sold out but they are trying to get more from Nintendo.

Well I just got a shipping notice from Amazon for Gold Mario. I also got one for the book that I ordered with Lucina (that amazon separated to ensure Lucina wouldn't arrived damaged). Got a gut feeling I'm going to have a crushed and banged up Gold Mario showing up on Tuesday.

Top Bottom