• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Renewed

I edited this with people's suggestions. I added day/launch week TRU online sales, removed EB Games entirely and added Chapters.

Given the recent and incoming cancellations don't lose hope!!! Those are the many opportunities left for Wave 4 and Splatoon.

I'm gonna consider seeing how VGP is in-store, because they never seem to have much online and even then.... markups.

If it's the same, I won't have good things to say.

Just got off the phone with my local EB. Here's what they said.

1. Multiple orders of the same amiibo cancelled (that's OK, makes sense).
2. My store "won't have information about if pre-orders are guaranteed." (Uh, what?)
3. Nintendo "doesn't tell us how many we're getting, so we can't guarantee pre-orders."
4. My store "won't honour pre-orders in the sequential order they were placed, so it is first come first served on the day they are released." (Unbelievable)

So basically, I have no guarantee that my order is secure AND I have to wait in line AGAIN the day they release so that I can be sure to get my order.

WTF is this?? Seriously...

2. My store "won't have information about if pre-orders are guaranteed." (Uh, what?)
3. Nintendo "doesn't tell us how many we're getting, so we can't guarantee pre-orders."
4. My store "won't honour pre-orders in the sequential order they were placed, so it is first come first served on the day they are released." (Unbelievable)

So basically, I have no guarantee that my order is secure AND I have to wait in line AGAIN the day they release so that I can be sure to get my order.

Uhhhh that is weird. Get the district managers number and call them. That is all whacky. I would wait until tomorrow. I bet they haven't even seen the Facebook post yet or any cooperate emails.

The last one makes no sense. We've known for years that they know the order of preorders why would they not bother with it. I would reconfirm in a couple of weeks. That sounds like someone getting their shit wrong.

amiiboCanadaGaf - LINE

I've put together a LINE chat and alert together. Send me a PM if you want to join! Just include your LINE handle.

It is a great chat service. Alerts help a lot when being away. So you would get an alert of ZAVVI preorders for instance, as a text message. I never used it myself before amiibo and now I love it. You will love stickers. Trust me.

I am part of the LINE alerters for the main amiibo OT. So all bases are covered here and you can help alert too!

Google LINE for all the details. Available on pretty much anything, mobile too.

Just reposting this.

I've caught up on all requests from PMs. Varshes yours was the only one I can't find. I sent a link request. Let me know.

Masmajora

Thats what my store did with Shulk, they had 7 pre orders and only received 4 Shulk on launch day. I didnt have to wait in line, but i would have been pretty mad if I didnt get him.

Harusame

For my orders, it has a ORDER SHIPPED tag on the far right, and just underneath a track shipment link. If I click that it goes to a CP tracking list which both say accepted. This is common for CP when stuff first goes out, I expect a better update (usually in transit from Mississauga or similar) tomorrow morning.

Okay, I will wait till then. I just an e-mail from Walmart notifying that they did ship my gold mario, so I'll just use canada post to track it now.

This post is completely unnecessary.

Just pointing out facts and fiction.

I also know you have your own predisposition about me and my lack of retailer empathy which is very much against your grain. So don't let competing opinions influence your need to call me out.

Anyways. I'm moving on.

mdubs

Banned
Canada amiibo-gaf be like

nuns-praying+at+Mass.jpg

Just pointing out facts and fiction.

I also know you have your own predisposition about me and my lack of retailer empathy which is very much against your grain. So don't let competing opinions influence your need to call me out.

Anyways. I'm moving on.

Uh, you were the one that did the initial call out. I was just pointing out that there was no need for the "told you so", especially after what a mod posted yesterday.

I'm flattered that you remember my stance on retailer empathy, though.

Uh, you were the one that did the initial call out. I was just pointing out that there was no need for the "told you so", especially after what a mod posted yesterday.

I'm flattered that you remember my stance on retailer empathy, though.

You're right. I apologize. I shouldn't have brought it all up again.

archambault.ca

LIST OF REMAINING CANADIAN WAVE 4 OPPORTUNITIES - UPDATED

Wal Mart
-In store on launch day
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only)

Videogamesplus.ca
-Online preorders

The Source
-In store on launch day (very hit or miss)
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only - hit or miss as well)

Best Buy
-Online preorders
-In store on launch day

Toys R Us
-In store on launch day
-Online on launch day/week

Amazon Canada
-Splatoon and Pac Man still available for preorder
-Possible restocks closer to launch (unlikely)

Chapters
-Online stock (launch week/day) - likely all commons

archambault.ca
-Online preorders launch day/week

Please quote and add more! For hope!

I edited this with people's suggestions. I added day/launch week TRU online sales, removed EB Games entirely and added Chapters and archambault.ca

Given the recent and incoming cancellations don't lose hope!!! Those are the many opportunities left for Wave 4 and Splatoon.

Welp I got called about the preorder being cancelled at my local EB for only Lucina and Robin... I was only looking forward to Ness and was going to trade Lucina for a second one so i'm not too salty about it. Oh well.

hupla

I'd like to remind people as frustrating as amiibos can be please don't take it out on the ebgame clerk if they call you having to cancel. It is not the person on the phones fault and they don't like this as much as you do.

I'd like to remind people as frustrating as amiibos can be please don't take it out on the ebgame clerk if they call you having to cancel. It is not the person on the phones fault and they don't like this as much as you do.

This. The person who called I know pretty well and he couldn't even get his favourite character Robin for himself... He said the store only got 3 of each allocated and as a consolation EB is offering 20% off all the remaining amiibos I have preordered... which is okay I guess...

Fularu

Banned
I haven't recieved a call for my EB preorder (instore) for Char/Luc/Rob but I wouldn't be surprised if I get it next week.

Now I need to get them from BestBuy, especially since I will be out of the country when they come out, so I can't hope for TRU/Walmart (this will prove very very complicated for Jigglepuff and Greninja)

This. The person who called I know pretty well and he couldn't even get his favourite character Robin for himself... He said the store only got 3 of each allocated and as a consolation EB is offering 20% off all the remaining amiibos I have preordered... which is okay I guess...

I wonder if that 20% off thing will be nationwide? Would be nice of them.

mdubs

Banned
So I got the message left on my phone, Robin and Lucina are cancelled. They said they would offer me 20% off an amiibo from April 10th -24th. I'll call them tomorrow to see if that can be applied to my other preorders. Probably will be calling EB Corporate (since it's not the fault of the people at the store) to politely complain about the gas I'll be wasting driving to the store and back and see if they'll do something for me.

Honestly I'm kinda surprised that it's Robin and Lucina that seems to be cancelled and that there hasn't been any Ness cancellations (that I've read about). But I guess that makes sense. Robin and Lucina are spread out among all the retailers whereas ebgames, is the only one getting all of the Ness stock.

Maybe there's hope he makes it back to online orders.

Gold Mario is back up on Walmart. Just sent a pushbullet.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/super-mario-series-gold-mario-amiibo/6000192504423

SMH that Nintendo still hasn't increased the supply of the FE characters...
It really doesn't make sense that they'd print so few with Code Name Steam using them for support. You'd think they'd want to push that game more. Like wasn't that why Marth is getting a reprint, so that there would be amiibo to use for the game? Nintendo you be tripping.

Top Bottom