• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Just called my store and they didn't get the cancellation list yet.

Ugh.

I was second. Hope is there!

Sorry I haven't posted many alerts today. Busy at work. I put up the daily update early.

I'll get to LINE requests later today.

RaidenXZ

My buddy was fourth in line at the EB Games near our place (Vaughan Mills mall if you're interested) and they called him to tell him they cancelled his Robin and Lucina amiibo orders because they don't have enough lol

My buddy was fourth in line at the EB Games near our place (Vaughan Mills mall if you're interested) and they called him to tell him they cancelled his Robin and Lucina amiibo orders because they don't have enough lol

All of a sudden the guy who slept in front of EBGames with a sleeping bag that everyone made fun of (I still do) is the only guy getting Lucina and Robin. Is this what it came to? haha

ohlawd

what is that, the third time I read in this thread that they or someone else they know had their Lucina/Robin cancelled and they were fourth?

I was fourth too. no hope for me, probably.

no call but I have work an hour after they open in store

that's that

what is that, the third time I read in this thread that they or someone else they know had their Lucina/Robin cancelled and they were fourth?

I was fourth too. no hope for me, probably.

no call but I have work an hour after they open in store

that's that

Actually there's been some stories over on reddit of people who were first in line. They're store wasn't getting any Robin or Lucina so their order was cancelled.

Yeah...EB messed up.

Rumors on reddit of Ganondorf being a retailer exclusive...

Someone apparently saw some Gamestop fliers and Ganondorf was the only one missing.

Just spoke to EB Games Eaton Centre. The only limited amiibo will be Lucina and Robin. If you preordered Ness, Charizard, Pacman, Wario or the Splatoon amiibo, you will be safe. Apparently even the preorders placed on Saturday and Sunday are safe for Ness.

Re: EB - I'd still like clarification if the people who placed in-store pre-orders on Good Friday are getting priority over the people who placed in-store pre-orders on Saturday.

I've heard both stories: first, all EBs pull from the same pool and second, all EBs get their own allocation. Still don't know which is true.

I'm starting to suspect with all of these Rob/Luc cancellations, that the people who got their orders in on Friday have a better chance... which sucks.

Just spoke to EB Games Eaton Centre. The only limited amiibo will be Lucina and Robin. If you preordered Ness, Charizard, Pacman, Wario or the Splatoon amiibo, you will be safe. Apparently even the preorders placed on Saturday and Sunday are safe for Ness.

The makes me feel better. I have Robin coming with my Lucina figma so I'm good. :p

Sora_N

I'm sure they'll still fuck up something. But I did preorder Charizard and Ness along with Lucina and Robin.

Re: EB - I'd still like clarification if the people who placed in-store pre-orders on Good Friday are getting priority over the people who placed in-store pre-orders on Saturday.

I've heard both stories: first, all EBs pull from the same pool and second, all EBs get their own allocation. Still don't know which is true.

I'm starting to suspect with all of these Rob/Luc cancellations, that the people who got their orders in on Friday have a better chance... which sucks.

Heh..I preordered on Friday and still don't expect fulfillment.

Zing

Banned
So, confirmed that Gold Mario has reached "Legendary Trigger Happy" level of rarity? There are going to be a lot of returns, myself included.

Awesome I got a Gold Mario order in =)

So far I managed to get Ness/Wario/PacMan/Splatoon 3 pack from eb and a charizard from amazon.

I just want to try and find Lucina for this round now
(and pray the rest don't get cancelled)

Next wave though I will cry if I can't get bowser jr and zss lol.

Also those yarn yoshis omg...

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
One of my two Gold Mario orders at Walmart still hasn't shipped... Should I be worried?

Harusame

Went to the Ebgames in Pitt Meadows and managed to pick up my pre-order for Xenoblade and a gold mario amiibo. I was there an hour before opening, but waited in my vehicle until 20 minutes before they opening. Still, I was first in line, with two other people lining up behind me. The store only received two gold mario amiibo, so the third person unfortunately did not get one.

My other gold mario from Walmart is is arriving on the 17th, and I might put that up for trade maybe.

Went to the Ebgames in Pitt Meadows and managed to pick up my pre-order for Xenoblade and a gold mario amiibo. I was there an hour before opening, but waited in my vehicle until 20 minutes before they opening. Still, I was first in line, with two other people lining up behind me. The store only received two gold mario amiibo, so the third person unfortunately did not get one.

So is your store one of the ones that isn't honouring pre-orders in the sequential order they were placed?

Ugh...

Harusame

So is your store one of the ones that isn't honouring pre-orders in the sequential order they were placed?

Ugh...
The manager does not exactly know for sure, but he did say they will most likely honour the pre-orders that were made on Friday first. Those who pre-ordered on Saturday will indeed have a tough time.

I'm confirmed for a Lucina, guys!

I went into my EB to check. They're only getting 4 of Robin and Lucina. But one guy used his girlfriend, mother and grandmother to preorder under his Edge card so now he's not getting any. XD

tiijj

I'm confirmed for a Lucina, guys!

I went into my EB to check. They're only getting 4 of Robin and Lucina. But one guy used his girlfriend, mother and grandmother to preorder under his Edge card so now he's not getting any. XD

He would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for his "greed"

amiiboCanadaGaf - LINE

I've put together a LINE chat and alert groups. Send me a PM if you want to join! Just include your LINE handle. We have quite a few of us in the chat/alert groups now!

It is a great chat service. Alerts help a lot when being away. So you would get an alert of ZAVVI preorders for instance, as a text message. I never used it myself before amiibo and now I love it. You will love stickers. Trust me. There is a chat group and an alert group. Feel free to post preorders and restocks in the alerts and keep all regular discussion in the chat. Usually you turn notifications off on the chat and leave it on for the alerts. So when you get a LINE notification you know it's for a preorder and such!

Google LINE for all the details. Available on pretty much anything, mobile being the focus for on the go alerts.

I have quite a few LINE PMs pending, just letting everyone know I will get to them this evening after work.

I would do it at work but I can't install LINE on my work computer.

Cancellation List

Am I the only one whose store has yet to receive the cancellation list at all?

I called multiple times today while at work and they tell me they haven't received anything. Seems odd since so many people are getting calls.

I swear if I don't get Lucina and Robin as second in line I will be calling the DM. No store should be getting 1 or 0 of an item, this is ridiculous.

i-Jest

Cancellation List

I called multiple times today while at work and they tell me they haven't received anything. Seems odd since so many people are getting calls.

I swear if I don't get Lucina and Robin as second in line I will be calling the DM. No store should be getting 1 or 0 of an item, this is ridiculous.

don't call the thuder down on yourself. Also I'm installing LINE so I'll PM you when I'm done.

Cancellation List

Ah, so you are still waiting to hear. Did they do allocations on a per store basis, or were they like a big pool as GameStop's pre-orders were? I'm pretty much in the same situation as you, but because it was the latter, I missed out on three characters. :(

don't call the thuder down on yourself. Also I'm installing LINE so I'll PM you when I'm done.

Huh? I am on a first name basis with the DM, he knows lol. Send a PM when ready! I will get to them all this evening.

Ah, so you are still waiting to hear. Did they do allocations on a per store basis, or were they like a big pool as GameStop's pre-orders were? I'm pretty much in the same situation as you, but because it was the latter, I missed out on three characters. :(

No idea, but I am still waiting on my confirmations yeah.

Harusame

I am waiting as well. Even though I had the opportunity to ask earlier when I picked up Xenoblade, there was a line behind me, so I might ask next time. But other than that, I have not been called yet, so I will assume I am in the okay for now.

Is there a LINE option for Blackberry? I saw some apk's for sideloading but wasn't too sure about the sites (shady looking) lol! Anyone have a safe link?

That "big pool" thing is pretty much impossible since most stores are getting 0-8 units for Robin and Lucina.

It's most likely all a matter of general traffic, location and overall interest/sales for nintendo products(especially amiibo) of each specific stores.

Austin-Powers-Goldmember-austin-powers-8220499-852-480.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=718b52f18105155c7ef2f8a0452b9b91en02

Wow. That was quick. All gone. I'm betting these restocks is likely coming from people who are returning them.

Top Bottom