• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Sora_N

So I got the message left on my phone, Robin and Lucina are cancelled. They said they would offer me 20% off an amiibo from April 10th -24th. I'll call them tomorrow to see if that can be applied to my other preorders. Probably will be calling EB Corporate (since it's not the fault of the people at the store) to politely complain about the gas I'll be wasting driving to the store and back and see if they'll do something for me.

Huh. If they never called me then am I Ok?

i-Jest

It really doesn't make sense that they'd print so few with Code Name Steam using them for support. You'd think they'd want to push that game more. Like wasn't that why Marth is getting a reprint, so that there would be amiibo to use for the game? Nintendo you be tripping.

It's Nintendo. They dance to the beat of their own drum.

It's 9:00pm EST. So if you're in that time zone all EB locations are now closed.

My guess is that any locations that didn't get the cancellation call list tonight will get it first thing tomorrow.

I'll be calling first thing, will likely end up in store to grab my copy of Xenoblade as well

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Gold Mario is common? Meh... I planned to use mine as trade fodder for Shulk or Mac...

N° 2048

Can someone tell me how I can get a Greeninja?

I don't care about these things but my little brother sure does. He wants that one.

Any idea when it will be available for pre order?

Can someone tell me how I can get a Greeninja?

I don't care about these things but my little brother sure does. He wants that one.

Any idea when it will be available for pre order?

Amazon UK and Germany for imports. They haven't gone up yet. M

TRU Canada will likely follow the Lucario release method. No preorders. Launch day lineup. Online on launch day

Zing

Banned
Hmm. Gold Mario orders all shipping. Not sure what I will do with these things. I don't even have anything I want in trade. At least I can return them in store if needed. Maybe they can get me a Jigglypuff later.

It still boggles my mind that EB Games/Nintendo f'd this up so bad. How does a company take pre-orders WITHOUT KNOWING HOW MUCH THEY HAVE TO SELL? Unless of course it was solely for the purpose of making interest off of peoples deposits like Byron suggested. Yeah it seems far fetched but really, what other reason could there be for such a complete screw up.

Hmm. Gold Mario orders all shipping. Not sure what I will do with these things. I don't even have anything I want in trade. At least I can return them in store if needed. Maybe they can get me a Jigglypuff later.

I know. I have multiple Gold Marios coming in as well. Didn't want to chance it. Retailers selling stock they don't have or poorly packaging what they do. Multiple order from multiple retailers will be the norm going forward. Then people are going to get stuck with dupes or retailers are going to see a lot of amiibos being brought back (likely causing retailers to change their return policies).

The only Gold Amiibo yet to ship out for me is FS. I have one from BB, one from Amazon (which will likely be banged up 'cause of the book it's shipping with) and one from WalMart. Should be a fun week coming up.

Harusame

My Gold Mario from Walmart is shipping from Mississauga and my expected delivery is on the 17th. Just in case, I will go to Ebgames early tomorrow to wait and hopefully pick up a gold mario (while I pick up Xenoblade) just for sake

Brofield

No call yet, but at least I have the pre-orders on Amazon.

I'll talk to my friend who works at EB soon, hopefully he can give me good news.

Toys R Us has upped their free shipping minimum to $50 too.

I wouldn't be so annoyed at all of our retail stores closing down if our online options were any good.

Toys R Us has upped their free shipping minimum to $50 too.

I wouldn't be so annoyed at all of our retail stores closing down if our online options were any good.

Meh. When I ordered my Gold Mario from Walmart I thought the $50 min was in effect (apparently it wasn't?) so I topped it off with a game. The game arrived this morning. Called them up, had them email me a shipping label, and back it went. I actually could have just Return To Sender it, but I didn't want to take the chance of it getting lost in the mail.

Free shipping is still possible, just got to be willing to work for it. ;)

ohlawd

dubs, I'm sorry about your order

I didn't get a call or message so I'm safe for today. bring on the next couple of days.

Meh. When I ordered my Gold Mario from Walmart I thought the $50 min was in effect (apparently it wasn't?) so I topped it off with a game. The game arrived this morning. Called them up, had them email me a shipping label, and back it went. I actually could have just Return To Sender it, but I didn't want to take the chance of it getting lost in the mail.

Free shipping is still possible, just got to be willing to work for it. ;)

Ya, Toys R Us is much more convenient for me to get to then Wal-Mart, but it's still a shame to have to go through all that extra effort.

And ya, when I ordered my Gold Mario I got free shipping with it. Guess it hasn't started yet.

Pogonip

Neo Member
Does anyone have any idea if EB Games will be doing preorders for Shulk amiibos or restocking Shulk amiibos for May here in Canada?

Does anyone have any idea if EB Games will be doing preorders for Shulk amiibos or restocking Shulk amiibos for May here in Canada?

Unlikely. GameStop USA took preorders for the May restock but EB Games Canada never did.

The only possibility is that some of that stock ends up coming to EB as well but no preorders. But this is unlikely.

amiiboCanadaGaf DAILY UPDATE

LIST OF REMAINING CANADIAN WAVE 4 OPPORTUNITIES - UPDATED

Amazon Canada - AVAILABLE NOW
-Splatoon and Pac Man still available for preorder
-Possible restocks closer to launch (unlikely)

Wal Mart
-In store on launch day
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only)

Videogamesplus.ca
-Online preorders

The Source
-In store on launch day (very hit or miss)
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only - hit or miss as well)

Best Buy
-Online preorders
-In store on launch day

Toys R Us
-In store on launch day
-Online on launch day/week

Chapters
-Online stock (launch week/day) - likely all commons

archambault.ca
-Online preorders launch day/week

Please quote and add more! For hope!

I edited this with people's suggestions. I added day/launch week TRU online sales, removed EB Games entirely and added Chapters and archambault.ca

Given the recent and incoming cancellations don't lose hope!!! Those are the many opportunities left for Wave 4 and Splatoon.

amiiboCanadaGaf - LINE

I've put together a LINE chat and alert groups. Send me a PM if you want to join! Just include your LINE handle.

It is a great chat service. Alerts help a lot when being away. So you would get an alert of ZAVVI preorders for instance, as a text message. I never used it myself before amiibo and now I love it. You will love stickers. Trust me. There is a chat group and an alert group. Feel free to post preorders and restocks in the alerts and keep all regular discussion in the chat. Usually you turn notifications off on the chat and leave it on for the alerts. So when you get a LINE notification you know it's for a preorder and such!

I am part of the LINE alerters for the main amiibo OT. So all bases are covered here and you can help alert too!

Google LINE for all the details. Available on pretty much anything, mobile being the focus for on the go alerts.

I've caught up on all requests from PMs as of this morning.

Has anyone received shipping notifications for Gold Mario from FutureShop yet?

No. Not yet. BUT. Checking my CC just now there was ANOTHER charge on there from BB for $18.07. It must be FS's Gold Mario that their shipping. I have nothing else due in from them. So check for a charge from BB. If you got it, that's likely your order from FS.

I also highly recommend the LINE chat.

Is Byron's LINE chat the same one that you set up?

No. His is more popular it seems. So I ditched mine.

I still haven't signed up for any of those LINE notifications. My cell is crap at the best of time (really should do a factory reset) and my connection isn't much better. *sigh*

Oh and here's an update on FS Gold Mario. Apparently some people over on reddit are having their orders now show up as Out Of Stock. I checked mine and it says...

Scheduled to ship via Canada Post
Delivered Wednesday Apr. 15

We will issue a tracking number once your item(s) ships. You will be notified by email when this happens.

So check out your order and see what your's says.

Draysoth

I still haven't signed up for any of those LINE notifications. My cell is crap at the best of time (really should do a factory reset) and my connection isn't much better. *sigh*

Oh and here's an update on FS Gold Mario. Apparently some people over on reddit are having their orders now show up as Out Of Stock. I checked mine and it says...

So check out your order and see what your's says.

Mine says In Stock, delivered Tuesday the 14th. Guess I'm good! I checked Walmart this morning, no new amiibo gold, no Xenoblade either. I will whip by EB Games when it opens.

I was third in line for my store. I really hope they are getting at least 3 robin/lucina.

I am dreading coming home from work to see that EB games called.

I am dreading coming home from work to see that EB games called.

Honestly, after the incompetence my store displayed yesterday when I called to ask questions about my order, I'd rather receive a cancellation phone call than show up the day of to see my order was given away or wasn't even going to be fulfilled in the first place.

Top Bottom