• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Anyone else picking up Xenoblade Chronicles 3D today?

I will be grabbing mine on my way home from work after I pick up my son. So excited!

I got a Majora's Mask New 3DS XL and beat MM3D in a week and haven't touched the thing since, so its been almost 2 months of me not using it.

That will change tonight! It was the game I wanted the New 3DS for, and I haven't played it before either.

Anyone else picking up Xenoblade Chronicles 3D today?

I will be grabbing mine on my way home from work after I pick up my son. So excited!

I got a Majora's Mask New 3DS XL and beat MM3D in a week and haven't touched the thing since, so its been almost 2 months of me not using it.

That will change tonight! It was the game I wanted the New 3DS for, and I haven't played it before either.

I picked it up but I'm still not sure if I should play the (arguably) superior wii version instead...(it would be my first time playing it)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've already played through Xenoblade on the Wii and it's one of my favourites of all time. So I already bought the 3DS version. I think these games sit much better with me on portables these days, especially a game like Xenoblade where I can burn through a handful of side quests while I'm at my computer, in transit, in line for a few minutes, then close it and continue later. Whereas playing on my Wii feels more like a big commitment. If you're going to not play it on the 3DS for graphical reasons, you might as well go all out and play it on Dolphin.

i-Jest

Did you check your order status on FS's site? I really believe they aren't sending out emails of shipping notices. These are just going to show up on your doorstep.

Unrelated...

Ohhhh it's starting to get ugly with these cancellations...

http://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCanada...n_lucinarobin/

It's a matter of stock distribution and internal communication.

Why bother taking pre-orders if your store will have 0 stock? Meanwhile, Eaton Center EB has the ability to keep preorders for all of Saturday and sunday.

If you're not going to have the stock for preorders, do not pre-order MORE than your allocation.

Pre-ordering used to actually mean something back in the day.

Does this mean I'm safe? I ordered from Eaton Center. I've yet to receive the call.

Does this mean I'm safe? I ordered from Eaton Center. I've yet to receive the call.

8x Lucina, 8x Robin, according to a user on Reddit.

They also told me when I went in store and asked that they wouldn't even be able to fulfill even the line up in front of the store Friday AM. So yeah.

Kilvin

Well I haven't received a call yet regarding my Robin, Lucina and Ness preorders so I guess that's a good sign? I would think I would have heard something by now if they were cancelled.

Maybe next time I'm in the area I'll go into the EB and ask. They can tell me correct?

Well I haven't received a call yet regarding my Robin, Lucina and Ness preorders so I guess that's a good sign? I would think I would have heard something by now if they were cancelled.

Maybe next time I'm in the area I'll go into the EB and ask. They can tell me correct?

Depends on the store. My store had no clue.

Went to my Eb games, they got 6 preorders, 4 of which were the first morning. There getting 2 Robin and Lucina, so there letting the first two choose one and the other two get what ones they don't choose. I was 4th so I'm getting a mystery one for 20% off. Not the worst thing that could happen. Got them both on amazon too, so I'm safe for now.

Assuming they have a the list of how many their store was allocated...yes. But think for a second here. They took orders for 2 full days, relentlessly, and without any indication that there was a limit. There's got to be a LOT of phone calls going out. Some stores still haven't heard what their share is.

FUTURESHOP GOLD MARIOS HAVE SHIPPED! Got my email notice.

Ness hasn't been cancelled right? Hoping they put him up again ><

From what I've read, they haven't got to him yet. That being said. EB games got all the stock of Ness since he's an exclusive. Whereas Lucina and Robin are split among all the other retailers. So that might be a reason. But...EB also got all the stock of Shulk, and we all know how easy he was to get.

Major B.S.

Neo Member

I would just ask them if your preorders are safe. They should be able to tell you. Always try to call before 5pm your local time. That way the Manager or ASM are more likely to be in.

Cheers!

Come to think of it, just what the hell happened with Shulk?

I remember a day before Wave 3 preorders were announced I went to my store and asked if they were doing preorders. They said no. I came home and read on here that wave 3 preorders would start the next day. Then Shulk came online, sold out quickly and when I went to my store the next day they had a piece of paper that said Shulk could not be preordered at all. He was completely sold out.

So, did anyone actually preorder Shulk in-store or was he just completely sold out online? I remember being crushed at the time because I had gotten into Xenoblade, but luckily I found out that both Shulk and Xenoblade were not for me and I just let it go.

stolin

I just got a call from the local EB Games to confirm that I will still be getting my Robin + Lucina. I was 9th in line, but I could hear that some people ahead of me were there for Ness only. No idea which number for R+L that I got but I'm good for May 29th. The staff was very informative and knowledgeable (but no new info than what is already in this thread).

Good luck out there.

Now I am getting more and more annoyed that the EB employee allowed the guy in front of me to preorder for himself and his girlfriend with 2 different phone numbers... No cancellation yet but if it happens I will for sure ask if I am the first to get cut.

My store never got their cancellation list today. Unless they get stuff like that over the weekend (unlikely) looks like I'll find out sometime next week.

Ugh.

1GabUp

I have just received confirmation that I will have Robin, but no Lucina... I was second to be canceled it seems. I really hope that Nintendo will ship some more per store.

My store never got their cancellation list today. Unless they get stuff like that over the weekend (unlikely) looks like I'll find out sometime next week.

Ugh.
Maybe your store had no cancellations perhaps? I dunno, just trying to think positive I guess. At least no matter what happens you're pretty much good from other sources. Some aren't as lucky.

So my ebgames had two registers open for pre-order last Friday, and the guy behind actually finished his transaction before mine... I got bumped to 5th because of that, therefore no Lucina or Robin for me (they had 4 of each)...

I arrived an hour early to be 4th, the 5th+ arrived 20 minutes before the store opened...

Manager will not be in until Monday, that is going to be a fun call. I am upset.

That's a bullshit claim

Quebec city alone got about 30

Maybe he meant to say Ontario instead of Canada? I'm just repeating what I heard. Maybe he was mistaken or I heard wrong. Quebec has separate stock from the rest of Canada, so anything from there wouldn't count towards the Canada total anyway.

Just got a call from my local EBGames and they said I would not be getting my robin and lucina, I was the second person in line, so apparent my EBGames is only getting 1 of each, or there's some serious bullshit going on. My nes didn't get cancelled luckily

Just got a call from my local EBGames and they said j would not be getting my robin and lucina, I was the second person in line, so apparent my EBGames is only getting 1 of each, or those some serious bullshit going on. My nes didn't get cancelled luckily

You didn't see any employees sneak in before the store opened did you? There was a guy on reddit that said 5 employees walked in just before they opened then 3 walked out. I wonder if this would explain some of the stores not getting any stock.

Just got a call from my local EBGames and they said I would not be getting my robin and lucina, I was the second person in line, so apparent my EBGames is only getting 1 of each, or there's some serious bullshit going on. My nes didn't get cancelled luckily

Ugh. I was second as well. It's ridiculous they would get ONE

You didn't see any employees sneak in before the store opened did you? There was a guy on reddit that said 5 employees walked in just before they opened then 3 walked out. I wonder if this would explain some of the stores not getting any stock.
My location is a mall store and literally has no back way in (deliveries come in the front) only one employee opened the store

Fularu

Banned
Maybe he meant to say Ontario instead of Canada? I'm just repeating what I heard. Maybe he was mistaken or I heard wrong. Quebec has separate stock from the rest of Canada, so anything from there wouldn't count towards the Canada total anyway.
Not for Amiibos or Nintendo stock in general. Everything Nintendo sells in Canada is in all 3 languages now (I also believe this to be the case in the US)

So my ebgames had two registers open for pre-order last Friday, and the guy behind actually finished his transaction before mine... I got bumped to 5th because of that, therefore no Lucina or Robin for me (they had 4 of each)...

I arrived an hour early to be 4th, the 5th+ arrived 20 minutes before the store opened...

Manager will not be in until Monday, that is going to be a fun call. I am upset.

Wow...this REALLY sucks.

I REALLY hope the manager can do something for you...

zroid

Banned
ZC6hGAp.png

something is happening...

So apparently EB Store Managers are making things up as the go along. From reddit...

http://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCanad...eb_games_you_can_have_either_robin_or_lucina/

Hey guys, I've been lurking around here for awhile but I did want to share this info. Earlier today I was informed that I would be able to get Robin or Lucina but not both. Having been first in line I expect to be able to have both like I would at TRU or using any online retailer. I was told that I was not allowed at this EB Games by the Store Manager. I quickly got that turned around and here's how:
I called another local EB Games (I actually spoke with the manager at that store and was unaware) and explained my situation. The Store Manager informed me "that's not right" and I asked if I could contact the District Manager somehow. He happily contacted the DM on my behalf and said the DM would get back to me ASAP. Amazingly, it took the DM only 40 minutes to call me (I was impressed). The DM informed me my preorder would be maintained as this is not what the Store Managers were instructed to do although he does understand why.
If you are in an area where this has been the case (Ottawa Trainyards) I suggest you use you a similar procedure and get a hold of your District Manager. To those in these areas I HIGHLY suggest you call and double check your preorders so you know whether or not you need one or both going forward.
Lastly, to those who this affects negatively: I am sorry, but even you should understand how frustrating this is. We are not here to compete with you on May 29th with everyone else to grab our missing Lucina/Robin when this wouldn't occur at ANY other store.

ZC6hGAp.png

something is happening...

"Shortly after 12am PST"

Sora_N

I got a call from EB. Even though I preordered on Friday I'm still fucked for Lucina and Robin. All I get is 20% off until April 24? Fuck you EB

I'm going to email head office and complain it's entirely the while company's fault

tiijj

I got a call from EB. Even though I preordered on Friday I'm still fucked for Lucina and Robin. All I get is 20% off until April 24? Fuck you EB

I'm going to email head office and complain it's entirely the while company's fault

Can you use the 20% off for anything or for just an amiibo?

Top Bottom