• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

tiijj

Think positive people! Maybe they are doing it in small batches, wait for the next batch.

hahahhahahahahahaha

Well. I got an confirmation email.

You know what sucks about this. Is the freakin' site work no better then earlier in the week when we pushed orders through. Same flippin' errors happening. They take all this time to "make things right" "make things fair" and "prepare" for the sale. All for not.

Now back to stocking Jiggles My Giggles.

tumblr_ma1zzuEdoy1rfiibio1_500.gif

i-Jest

Got my Robin and Lucian order confirmations from Best Buy. Now to SURVIVE Greninja. wave 5 in July is going to be insane. Dark Pit and Palutina? All sites will crash.

Ondore

I had someone with me trying to order the Amiibo but couldn't get it through. Sad end :(

At this point... christ, it's down to Amazon isn't it?

I had someone with me trying to order the Amiibo but couldn't get it through. Sad end :(

At this point... christ, it's down to Amazon isn't it?

.ca already put it up. not sure about .com. There's ToysRUs as far as big name stores but I don't think they're doing pre-orders.

Alright. Going to be AFK. Jiggly's bound to go back up again!

Hey..where has Byron been through all of today? Are those LINE notices still going out?

Meh. Those who got their orders in should probably thank them. Probably decreased the load enough to actually put orders through. Still that was a complete joke. What exactly did they do to prepare for this other then send out cancellations to those of us that got orders through, and clear carts before things went live?

Must be a different DBB. ;)

Got the invite so thank you. Now just need every exclusive this wave. Ugh.

stolin

I got nothing but Address & Postal Code errors and was F5 right up until the second they went live... and I got nothing. For sure I was within the first 20 seconds and still nothing but errors. Grrr...

levyjl1988

Banned
Well I'm pretty much screwed for this wave. Why do I even bother anymore.
This is pretty much the breaking point for me.

Man I hate Nintendo more than I hate EA and Ubisoft put together right now.
Most anti consumer company.

You'd think as the months go by getting these would be easier. Scalpers returning their unsold stock, Nintendo upping production, people getting burned out, etc.

But nope. Don't see even uncommons in stock for any length of time.

You'd think as the months go by getting these would be easier. Scalpers returning their unsold stock, Nintendo upping production, people getting burned out, etc.

More and more people are seeing amiibos as "easy money", look at how many gold mario ads there are on sites like kijiji lol,

More and more people are seeing amiibos as "easy money", look at how many gold mario ads there are on sites like kijiji lol,

I know some people who returned Meta Knights, Ikes, etc. to stores because the profit wasn't worth it with a saturated resale market. And yet they're still selling out. I guess it's a combination of some being content with making $5-10 on one, and the sub-$20 retail price is basically impulse-buy territory.

Gold Mario has been out for what, 2 weeks? Give it another 2 weeks and you'll start seeing returns.

So ranking the retailers for Wave 4 online pre-orders.

#1 Amazon
No announcement that they were going up. But the site ran without any problems. Peoples orders went through without cancellations. And the window to order them was very decent. They also limited purchases 1 per account.

#2 Walmart (going by what I've read/heard)
No announcement. No website meltdowns. Orders have gone through. Some orders got "delayed delivery". Failed to cap how many people could order. Cancelled orders as a result.

#3 Best Buy
Messed up updating their website allowing people to force orders through. Spent a week "fixing things" and to ensure the experience was fair and pro consumer. Deleted orders. Wiped out carts. Went live melting the website with no changes whatsoever since the orders were initially forced. Announced on twitter that everything was sold out after a minute. Surely causing a lot of people to walk away pissed.

#10 EB Games (really...there's nobody between 3 and 10, they were just that bad that placing 10th only makes sense)
Orders go live completely melting the site. People couldn't get anywhere trying to place an order. Shut down the website, pulled all amiibos off the site to fight the traffic. Then takes 3 days or helter skelter no holds barred (or limits) on instore pre-oders ON A LONG WEEKEND. Announce they've screwed up and will be sending out cancellations. Start cancelling things only to have lists wrong and in alphabetical order. Takes over a week to make calls and sill people were unsure where their order stood.

Did I miss anything? Amazon's the clear winner.

tiijj

So ranking the retailers for Wave 4 online pre-orders.

#1 Amazon
No announcement that they were going up. But the site ran without any problems. Peoples orders went through without cancellations. And the window to order them was very decent. They also limited purchases 1 per account.

No announcement. No website meltdowns. Orders have gone through. Some orders got "delayed delivery". Failed to cap how many people could order. Cancelled orders as a result.

#3 Best Buy
Messed up updating their website allowing people to force orders through. Spent a week "fixing things" and to ensure the experience was fair and pro consumer. Deleted orders. Wiped out carts. Went live melting the website with no changes whatsoever since the orders were initially forced. Announced on twitter that everything was sold out after a minute. Surely causing a lot of people to walk away pissed.

#10 EB Games (really...there's nobody between 3 and 10, they were just that bad that placing 10th only makes sense)
Orders go live completely melting the site. People couldn't get anywhere trying to place an order. Shut down the website, pulled all amiibos off the site to fight the traffic. Then takes 3 days or helter skelter no holds barred (or limits) on instore pre-oders ON A LONG WEEKEND. Announce they've screwed up and will be sending out cancellations. Start cancelling things only to have lists wrong and in alphabetical order. Takes over a week to make calls and sill people were unsure where their order stood.

Did I miss anything? Amazon's the clear winner.

TRU: No Pre-orders

With all the problems that other retailer has at least they have pre-orders but the good thing about TRU is that they might have more stock available in their stores (or not)

I would rate BB lower than EB but not that much.

Sora_N

Its almost summer. Younger people probably have more time when preorders come up.

Missing preorders pissed me off so I just bought Kirby and gave Nintendo more moneymoney

Edit: someone please buy my Fox @ cost

Sealtest

Walmart cancelled orders? or you cancelled your orders because you cant trust them?

stolin

Walmart cancelled orders? or you cancelled your orders because you cant trust them?

Walmart sent out this mail immediately on my lucky Robin order I got through a couple days ago. Who knows what that will translate to since they reposted sales today.

Important information about your Walmart.ca order:
We have run out of items in your order, and these items will be delayed.
We're working with our suppliers to get you these items as soon as possible. We will update you as soon as we know when your order will be ready.
Any items that are unavailable to be shipped in the next 28 days will be automatically cancelled from your order.​

Was chatting about this in LINE chat (until my cell phone battery died) but I'm thinking there's a possibility that Best Buy oversold Wave 4.

All of them were still available (minus Robin and Lucina) as late as 11pm central time. This morning, they've all been wiped off the site completely. Only thing left on the site that states sold out is the 3 Pack. Something is definitely up with that.

Was chatting about this in LINE chat (until my cell phone battery died) but I'm thinking there's a possibility that Best Buy oversold Wave 4.

All of them were still available (minus Robin and Lucina) as late as 11pm central time. This morning, they've all been wiped off the site completely. Only thing left on the site that states sold out is the 3 Pack. Something is definitely up with that.

Each retailer has had their own unique bullshit and poor planning that has fucked people over.

Amazon Canada being the only one that didn't. Went up, site worked fine. Sold out but it worked and people online at that time had no issues.

Top Bottom