• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Swapzism

Yep. Amazon has been a dream.

Pfft. Tell that to my Rosalina Order.

I signed up for Neogaf just for the original Amiibo thread, by the time I get in here there had already been multiple account user drama, two separatist threads and a lot of rage.

I can finally say thanks to everybody who had been contributing in all the past threads.

[edit: First post is salty and sweet. Sort of like amiibo hunting]

Pfft. Tell that to my Rosalina Order.

I signed up for Neogaf just for the original Amiibo thread, by the time I get in here there had already been multiple account user drama, two separatist threads and a lot of rage.

I can finally say thanks to everybody who had been contributing in all the past threads.

[edit: First post is salty and sweet. Sort of like amiibo hunting]

Yeah, getting accepted to the site can be a long process. Welcome and sorry to hear about your Rosie.

mdubs

Banned
Now that I've returned I can report that Best Buy checkout bugged out for me yesterday so no Lucina or Robin there for me, oh well.

Gravidee

Didn't the direct say that wave 5 in NA would only consist of Dark Pit and Palutena? I get the feeling that they'll both be rares, maybe even exclusives...

Harusame

bugged out for everyone :(

some of us seem to have got through with persistence

Constant errors of shipping address not valid and error 0107. Even after the tweet that they sold out, I continued trying to get my order to work. I think it was about 10 minutes after the tweet, I got my order in.

Didn't the direct say that wave 5 in NA would only consist of Dark Pit and Palutena? I get the feeling that they'll both be rares, maybe even exclusives...
Exclusive? No
But rare? Yes, probably each retailer will have like 10 of Dark Pit and 5 of Palutena to sell

Sealtest

So do I trust EBGames delivers on my 3-Pack splatoon website order from the thursday meltdown or just buy it from best buy..

i-Jest

Charizard, Wario and Pac Man at Best Buy Canada. Splatoon 3 Pack as well
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?type=product&page=1&query=amiibo

STILL AVAILABLE!!!

I have a feeling Wario will be the first common that's hard to come by past a certain point.

So do I trust EBGames delivers on my 3-Pack splatoon website order from the thursday meltdown or just buy it from best buy..

Nothing wrong with having a backup order. Better be safe than sorry.

After Amazon screwed me out of my entire Wave 4 pre-order, I've slowly been trying to get them all back. Scored Wario and the Splatoon 3-pack on WalMart.ca last week and managed to snag Pac-Man and Charizard on BestBuy.ca yesterday.

Of course, Robin and Lucina are the ones I want the most and I've had no damn luck getting a pre-order for either of them. I'm hoping that will change this week.

Is it going to be possible to pre-order Greninja online? And what's the word on Jigglypuff? I've been out of the loop for the past week or so.

After Amazon screwed me out of my entire Wave 4 pre-order, I've slowly been trying to get them all back. Scored Wario and the Splatoon 3-pack on WalMart.ca last week and managed to snag Pac-Man and Charizard on BestBuy.ca yesterday.

Of course, Robin and Lucina are the ones I want the most and I've had no damn luck getting a pre-order for either of them. I'm hoping that will change this week.

Is it going to be possible to pre-order Greninja online? And what's the word on Jigglypuff? I've been out of the loop for the past week or so.

Greninja will not have pre-orders in Canada from Toys R Us, it will be first come first serve for Greninja in stores on May 29th and it will also go up online at the same time. Lucario went live on the website at 10:03am EST when it launched.

Jigglypuff is a Wal Mart exclusive in Canada. It has gone up 2 separate times on Wal Mart's website, there could be another wave of pre-orders so keep an eye out. Also it will be available in store at Wal Mart on MAY 28TH, yes the 28th not the 29th!!!

Greninja will not have pre-orders in Canada from Toys R Us, it will be first come first serve for Greninja in stores on May 29th and it will also go up online at the same time. Lucario went live on the website at 10:03am EST when it launched.

Jigglypuff is a Wal Mart exclusive in Canada. It has gone up 2 separate times on Wal Mart's website, there could be another wave of pre-orders so keep an eye out. Also it will be available in store at Wal Mart on MAY 28TH, yes the 28th not the 29th!!!

Good to know. Thanks so much!

amiiboCanadaGAF DAILY UPDATE
Updated and All Links Last Tested: 1:48pm EST - Monday April 27, 2015

LIST OF REMAINING CANADIAN WAVE 4+SPLATOON OPPORTUNITIES
Top Canadian Online Retailers to Watch for Restocks - Wal Mart and Best Buy

TOYS R US - GRENINJA PLACEHOLDER LIVE
-In store on launch day
-Online on launch day/week
-GRENINJA PLACEHOLDER PAGE - http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=62616606

VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA - PLACEHOLDERS LIVE
-Online preorders
-Wave 4 Placeholders - https://www.videogamesplus.ca/others-amiibo-c-45_724.html
-Wave 5/6 Placeholders - https://www.videogamesplus.ca/products_new.php

THE SOURCE
-In store on launch day (very hit or miss) - likely all commons
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only - hit or miss as well) - likely all commons

CHAPTERS
-Online stock (launch week/day) - likely all commons

ARCHAMBAULT.CA
-Online preorders launch day/week

WAL-MART - SOLD OUT
-In store on launch day
-Possible online restocks closer to launch (unlikely)
-LINKS FOR ALL WAVE 4 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160627759&postcount=8631

BEST BUY - SOLD OUT
-Possible restocks online leading up to May 29th
-LINKS FOR ALL WAVE 4 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160627759&postcount=8631
-In store on launch day

AMAZON CANADA - SOLD OUT
-Possible restocks closer to launch (unlikely)

EB GAMES - SOLD OUT
-Possible restocks closer to launch (unlikely)

CURRENT MISC. & INTERNATIONAL ALERTS

AMAZON USA and TARGET USA
These are the last two US online retailers that have yet to put up their Wave 4 pre-orders, if you have a USA address (border store, forwarding service, friends, etc.) to ship them to you can order from then whenever they go live.

YESASIA - ALL OF WAVE 4 STILL AVAILABLE AND WAVE 1-3 UNICORNS SOLD OUT
All gone now! I will repost any links if any go back up again.

PLAYASIA WAVE 1-3 RESTOCKS AND WAVE 4 SOLD OUT
All gone now! I will repost any links if any go back up again.

GOLD MARIO
Online sales were popping up all weekend, no live ones currently but keep an eye here or on LINE alerts. If looking in store EB Games and Toys R Us had them available in store. TRU received many more, so that would be the best option at this point if there are any left. EB Games had a confirmed restock of Gold Mario last week (Wednesday April 15th).

GAMECUBE CONTROLLER WII U ADAPTERS
They have been appearing in stores at EB Games throughout Canada with many people here getting them in store over the past few days. Go take a look!

amiiboCanadaGAF - JOIN US FOR LINE CHAT AND ALERTS

I've put together LINE chat and alert groups. Send me a PM if you want to join! Just include your LINE handle. Please make sure you are sending me your actual username and not your public screenname/handle (I can't find you using that name). Some have sent only the public name and I've let those people know.

It is a great chat service. Alerts help a lot when being away. So you would get an alert for Best Buy preorders for instance, as a text message. I never used it myself before amiibo and now I love it. You will love stickers. Trust me. There is a chat group and an alert group. Feel free to post preorders and restocks in the alerts and keep all regular discussion in the chat. Usually you turn notifications off on the chat and leave it on for the alerts. So when you get a LINE notification you know it's for a preorder and such!

Lets all help keep each other alerted! All are welcome to post alerts in the alert group! Keep chat in the chat group and the alert group is alert posts only.

Google LINE for all the details. Available on pretty much anything, mobile being the focus for on the go alerts.

I've caught up on all requests from PMs as of this morning.

Thanks to all the great alerters here and let's hope for new opportunities this week!

Jiggly officially exclusive to Walmart in Canada.

https://twitter.com/WalmartCanada/status/592732754892222464

Looks like their Twitter saying Jigglypuff would release on the 28th instead of the 29th was wrong!

bKYDbYc.png

When did Walmart hire a bunch of people that don't have a clue what they're doing for their online customer service?

Follow up: Since when has Walmart NOT price matched Amazon.ca? I know for a fact I've had them do that. Now they're saying they don't?

Showtime13

Neo Member
When did Walmart hire a bunch of people that don't have a clue what they're doing for their online customer service?

Follow up: Since when has Walmart NOT price matched Amazon.ca? I know for a fact I've had them do that. Now they're saying they don't?

This happened when there was an incident with PS4, someone made a listing on amazon for a PS4 at a ridiculous price and WalMart was taken to the cleaners on it. Since that point they stopped price matching Amazon. Not sure if that's just an in store policy, but I do recall reading that on IGN back around Christmas time. Here's an article on it.

http://kotaku.com/people-are-scamming-walmart-with-bogus-cheap-ps4-listin-1660150939

mdubs

Banned
This happened when there was an incident with PS4, someone made a listing on amazon for a PS4 at a ridiculous price and WalMart was taken to the cleaners on it. Since that point they stopped price matching Amazon. Not sure if that's just an in store policy, but I do recall reading that on IGN back around Christmas time.

Yup, understandable. http://kotaku.com/people-are-scamming-walmart-with-bogus-cheap-ps4-listin-1660150939

While they said they don't do marketplace listing, I'm not surprised reps won't price match amazon at all in fear of something like that happening.

Brofield

This is a U.S. TRU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVVBTFZ_y9I

To clarify, if you applied for a credit card, you could get in the store 30 minutes early to place pre-orders. However, this is still a pretty shitty thing of them to do.

On another note, I was under the impression they were NOT taking pre-orders for Greninja? Or was this simply USA only and we Canadians are stuck waiting outside stupid early?

mdubs

Banned
This is a U.S. TRU

To clarify, if you applied for a credit card, you could get in the store 30 minutes early to place pre-orders. However, this is still a pretty shitty thing of them to do.

On another note, I was under the impression they were NOT taking pre-orders for Greninja? Or was this simply USA only and we Canadians are stuck waiting outside stupid early?

That's absolutely genius, and very evil. No preorders here in Canada anyways.

i-Jest

This is a U.S. TRU

TRU Canada better not pull this shit. What if cudtomers have bad credit scores?

From what I can tell you just need to apply for a credit card. It normally takes a few week before you get approved or denied for the card.

I once applied for a credit card at a festival for free swag. I put some random information about my salary (saying a was a student with no job) and stuff and was denied a few week later, which is what I wanted.

tiijj

From what I read it is not mandatory to get the card in order to get a pre-order. You get to keep your place on the line up, it's just that they let people in 30 mins before they open the store if they wanna sign up for the card. If there are 10 available and you are number 10 and don't wan't to sign up for the card, number 11 won't be able to get your place. Some stores probably didn't properly explain it or didn't explain it at all.

Brofield

From what I read it is not mandatory to get the card in order to get a pre-order. You get to keep your place on the line up, it's just that they let people in 30 mins before they open the store if they wanna sign up for the card. If there are 10 available and you are number 10 and don't wan't to sign up for the card, number 11 won't be able to get your place. Some stores probably didn't properly explain it or didn't explain it at all.

So I simply fear-mongered with my own misplaced facts.

Sorry for the false alarm everyone! Fingers crossed all the same that TRU doesn't pull this off in Canada

Sorry I haven't been able to alert much today, busy at work and only had time to get my orders in.

Got all Wave 5 (ZSS, Ganondorf, Dark Pit and Palutena) along with the 3 Wool Yoshis (Green, Blue and Pink) from Amazon UK.

Missed out on trying to get a back up Greninja and Jigglypuff.

Damn good day!

Top Bottom