• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

mugwhump

Holy penis, my walmart lucina actually shipped :O
I thought all hope was lost after that delay email.

Now I don't even know what to do with that Robin I got as tradebait lol

Sora_N

Tomorrow morning is when I find out if I have to pay $60 for Greninja and Jigglypuff on eBay

At least EB guaranteed my Ness and Charizard.

Weiss

Banned
Tomorrow I'll be able to get Ness, Lucina and Pac-Man, but no dice on Robin. Shame that, since his figure is really cool.

explodet

Is anybody else getting all their ebgames amiibo separately? Everything's shipping individually, I'll be getting 4 packages in the mail. Really weird.

Sora_N

I doubt that scalpers will try making a profit off a product so widely available but we never know...

They are scalpable 500% because these are Amiibos and limited. People will just get their brothers and sisters and friends and grandma to line up.

You forget Nintendo is afraid to make money by short stocking characters THEY think are unpopular.

They are scalpable 500% because these are Amiibos and limited. People will just get their brothers and sisters and friends and grandma to line up.

You forget Nintendo is afraid to make money by short stocking characters THEY think are unpopular.

If there is one amiibo that is not very scapable it's Greninja, at 50 minimum per store and a limit of 1 per client printed in the flyer, that one should be easy to get.

I agree to what you say for other amiibos, but if its the store that chooses how many to order and not Nintendo, then Toys'r'us is the only retailer trying to prevent the scalping by getting 50 per store.

On another subject, I have given up. My amiibos will sleep in another home tonight. RIP amiibo hunting, waking up at 3 am to order Rosalina, waiting at -20 degrees outside for Greninja, getting screwed at EBgames because my cashier was slower than the other one for pre-orders. Many stories were had with you Amiibos, now all that is left is squares without dust on my empty amiibo display.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Does anyone have a second Jigglypuff to trade or buy?

It's my favorite character plz ;.;

The fact that Toysrus processes your order despite not everything being in there has to be worst online shopping experience I've had. Fuck you Toysrus.

Zing

Banned
Looks as though Best Buy yet again confirms how terrible they are. Order is still "in progress".

Fortunately, the game is already paid for locally at Microplay. Maybe they will have the Splatoon pack. I'd rather give them my money.

Looks as though Best Buy yet again confirms how terrible they are. Order is still "in progress".

Fortunately, the game is already paid for locally at Microplay. Maybe they will have the Splatoon pack. I'd rather give them my money.

Going to the midnight launch?

Maximus.

Aw man I didn't think Greninja would randomly go up right now :/ I will try in-store tomorrow morning and see if that works out. May have to settle with Ness, Charizard and Pacman as the only 3 I get from this set. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, since there are only really just a handful left that I want. This hunt is ridiculous and reading how people order so many "just in case" or for "trades" or whatever doesn't make me feel giddy about the situation.

ahdurian

honestly.....people lining up literally 12 hours before the stores even open hurt my soul....
I need to stay away from Reddit for a while

ahdurian

holy shit lol

Wait what, where is this

/r/Amiibo
it's actually really sad
people are taking pictures of their lines, and they're the only ones camping out
one guy was even ranting about how the security officer wouldn't let him wait in line inside the store past closing.
he claimed that the Amiibos were right there, so it's natural the line starts there and that he'd be first in line

Top Bottom