• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

My original game plan was to go to EB Games and then Toys 'R' Us afterwards, but apparently the scalpers and neckbeards already raided Walmart. At 7:00 a.m. Fuck this company.

Alright just back from our Walmart. They had lots of Wario, Charizard, Pacman, Silver Mario. 4 full cases of Jiggly Puff (4 per case) and some loose ones as well. No Lucia, or Robin. No single splatoons. But they did have 2 packs of the 3 pack.

espher

Alright, sounds like I am going to be -1 Greninja, -2 Robin/Lucina/Ness, +1 Silver Mario/Charizard/Wario when all is said and done today.

Tradebait, ho! :/

espher

what are you needing?

1x Greninja, 2x Robin/Lucina/Ness, 1x Rosalina is all I'm out atm (I'm one of these "one sealed, one open" people). I have a banged up box King Dedede that I'm tentatively flipping for a friend, but I burned through all my other tradebait already lol.

Edit: Mind you the ones I'm missing are all a pain in the ass to get, so, yeah.

1x Greninja, 2x Robin/Lucina/Ness, 1x Rosalina is all I'm out atm (I'm one of these "one sealed, one open" people). I have a banged up box King Dedede that I'm tentatively flipping for a friend, but I burned through all my other tradebait already lol.

Edit: Mind you the ones I'm missing are all a pain in the ass to get, so, yeah.

Oh. that was a list of what you need? Thought that was a list of want you had extra.

So I called CS at TRU to figure out what's going on. They essentially can only see what we see online. There's no way for them to check with warehouse to see if there's any stock left. She did say it takes anywhere from 24 - 48 hours for restock to show up back online. Stated it's very possible that it hit the site early, and sold out.

Nah, the -1 is what I'm short, the +1 is what I have extra. If I somehow had two extra Robin/Lucina/Ness I'd be using them to pay off my mortgage haha. ;)

My mind's not working from lack of sleep. Maybe do up your list as...

Want...

Have Extra...

espher

Want...

Have Extra...

Well, it wasn't intended as a WTB/WTS/WTT-type post initially haha. That's why I left out the Rosalina. ;) It was just where I was at following shipments/cancellations/retail adventures.

explodet

I've got a buttload of tradebait coming, but everything I want is in wave FIVE.
That's a lot of time to hold on to these things that might be more plentiful months from now.

Sora_N

So I called CS at TRU to figure out what's going on. They essentially can only see what we see online. There's no way for them to check with warehouse to see if there's any stock left. She did say it takes anywhere from 24 - 48 hours for restock to show up back online. Stated it's very possible that it hit the site early, and sold out.

Want...

Have Extra...

Restock my ass it was not even officially up. TRU is so worthless.

Draysoth

With fifty per store go now. I came 20 minutes early and they still had twenty plus tickets available for greninja. They also got six each of lucina and robin.

i-Jest

So I called my nearest walmart about JigglyPuff. The online stock checker shows it's instock but I called the store and the associate told me it's all gone. Should i check any way?

So I called my nearest walmart about JigglyPuff. The online stock checker shows it's instock but I called the store and the associate told me it's all gone. Should i check any way?

crap loads of jiggly here. I could snag one for you, but shipping will likely add another $15.

Zing

Banned
Holy fuck. Best Buy is "out of stock" on my Charizard and Splatoon pack preorder. What the hell? Thank goodness I found this out as I logged in to cancel my order anyway. Microplay had me covered.

Went to Walmart because I happened to be driving by. What a joke. Apparently someone went there at opening and bought all the Jigglypuff.

Props to Toys R Us for having adequate stock of Greninja. I decided against buying one after getting there, but I was happy to see that everyone who wants one can get it, at least for today. I'm sure they will sell out due to preceived scarcity and scalpers/hoarders, but at least you can walk in and buy one.

Nope. I had the same situation. Their online stock status is slow to update.

Kilvin

Has anyone picked up their preorders from EB yet? How did it go?

I won't be able to get mine until 3:30ish so hopefully they don't do something silly and sell them to another patron.

Sora_N

I won't be able to get mine until 3:30ish so hopefully they don't do something silly and sell them to another patron.

I confirmed at my store yesterday. So I will raise hell if they sold mine since I'm going during my lunch break.

This is my fear as well. I called and they said it would be fine to come at the end of the day to pick up my preorder, so hopefully. our preorders will be waiting for us this afternoon.

i-Jest

I'm gonna go after I take a shower. I'll probably call ahead just to make sure. After what happened with wave 4 preorders, I think store are going to be extra careful with these things going forward. That cluster fuck up litterally changed the way the retail locations sell these things.

Zing

Banned
I wouldn't mind a Jigglypuff.

If anyone wants to trade, I have:
Gamecube Adapter
Gold Mario
Kirby & Dedede (opened)
DK & Diddy (opened)
Bowser (opened)

The opened ones are still in package, just gently opened.

I'd also pay up to $30 for one shipped.

CRA5H

Been a while since I've been here.. but I did manage to get 1 of each except Robin and Lucina but I had accepted my fate when they were first announced..

Are the 3 pack splatoon amiibos rare?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Yeah no problem. You don't have access to an extra Ness or Greninja by chance do you? Not a requirement, but would be convenient. I'll swing by later today and scoop up another Jiggly.

Thanks man! Nope, no Greninja on my end or extra Ness ;.;

It's become cumbersome to buy these amiibos, I don't even know why I still do it but I need my Jiggs though, she my favorite :D

Thanks again!

I wouldn't mind a Jigglypuff.

If anyone wants to trade, I have:
Gamecube Adapter
Gold Mario
Kirby & Dedede (opened)
DK & Diddy (opened)
Bowser (opened)

The opened ones are still in package, just gently opened.

I'd also pay up to $30 for one shipped.

I'd only do it if I'm not losing any money. With the price hike, taxes and shipping, chances of me be able to do it for $30 are very slim. I sent an amiibo to the GTA for DoctorWho and shipping was $15.

Maximus.

Toys R Us near me has a huge line. I got here 20 mins before opening and expected maybe like 10 people. There's at least 50 ahead of me.

Showtime13

Neo Member
Yeah just got inside info most Toys R us got more then the 50 min per store and pretty much all of them were sold out in the first hour. Lineup near me was 100 at 6:30am this morning lol and they received 90. Humans.....there is no hope when amiibos attract this much attention. With that being said if anyone has a Greninja(only one im missing) they would like to trade or sell me it would be appreciated. I have doubles of Wario, Pac-Man, Splatoon 3 pack, Charizard, and Inkling boy(if I decide to pick it up tonight, accidental pre-order). Not looking to make money off of these, just had an eb order and an amazon backup if things fell through with the eb debacle. Thanks.

Lothars

I picked up Pac Man amiibo from my local EB but I probably won't get my hands on Robin, Lucina Jigglypuff and Ness because of how poor Nintendo is at keeping stock.

levyjl1988

Banned
Well today is a good day.

LUrtKqr.jpg

Went to the Rexdale Walmart and waited an hour for opening. Bought 2 Jigglypuffs, a Wario, PacMan, Splatoon triple pack, and Charizard. Went home and bussed to ToysRus. It opened at 9am in which I thought it would open at 10am. Managed to get a Greninja, walked over and saw a lineup for Best Buy and went in, I grabbed a spare Metaknight.

All I'm missing now is Marth and Ness. I got Ness preordered from Yesasia but have no idea when they will begin to ship. I also just in case of emergency got a Lucina coming in from Play-Asia whenever they ship.

So if I wait I can secure Dark Pit, Paluetena, ZS Samus, and Gannondorf from Aamazon.de from a previous preorder.

That leaves Marth.

When is Canada gonna get the restock?

Just checked Toysrus in Whitby, ON and they said a few guys bought out all Grens and basically everything else at 9am...

They did have 7 silver marios and 5 splatoon 3 packs left though but I already have those ordered /shrug

Off to my scalper-holics-anonymous meeting to find Gren/Jiggles fml

Top Bottom