• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Masmajora

Chapters has all of wave 4 up, except for lucina.

Click Here.

I think it only works on desktop, simply click on quick view, and you can add to cart from there. Not sure if its phantom stock, but I got an order confirmation for a robin. So there is a chance chapters will cancel it all.

espher

Well I was going to try to get to Walmart this morning on my break for the ones I'm missing, but it seems Jigglypuff is the only one of those they carry in store... weird.

Hoping for a reprint on Ness/Lucina/Robin, I guess.

Kilvin

Click Here.

I think it only works on desktop, simply click on quick view, and you can add to cart from there. Not sure if its phantom stock, but I got an order confirmation for a robin. So there is a chance chapters will cancel it all.

Thanks got Silver Mario, you just saved me a trip to Walmart before work :)

Showtime13

Neo Member
Just grabbed Jigglypuff at WalMart in my area, they had them all on a cart behind the desk.

Number wise this is what I saw

Jigglypuff -10
Wario - 10
Splatoon 3 pack - 5
Charizard - 10
Pac Man - 10

Splatoon Wii U Bundle - 3

Made sure my work implemented a 1 per customer policy. Walked in and got Jiggly and Splatoon 3 Pack with no issue. Silver Mario, Wario and Charizard are waiting in the mail at home. Successful morning!

espher

Just noticed Gold Mario was apparently in stock on Walmart's site... got that (to get my 2nd), and then added three random extras (Inklings + Silver) for the free shipping that I will have to return haha.

Unfortunately missed out on Lucina/Puff. :(

Edit: Maybe I should keep that Silver as trade bait... hmm...

i-Jest

Planned on leaving at 7am. I woke up an hour late and left at 8. It's now 9:05 and I'm at TRU Younge and Eglinton. This line is LONG as fuck. FAAAAACCKKKKK!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is stuff still going up on TRU online or is that over already for today?

I always thought platinum was only earned for spending the $14.99 yearly and that after gold it was onyx or whatever

$14.99 or 5000pts.

https://www.ebgames.ca/aboutUs

Will EB Games be carrying the Splatoon Amiibo 3-pack in Canada? Not listed on their site

They were selling it when they went up for order. EB tends to take stuff down when they go out of stock and don't think they are getting more in. If they get more stock they will put it back up.

Sora_N

Click Here.

Doesn't work, probably sold out for real or fixed then.

Enilced2

Was like a feeding frenzy at the west Edmonton Walmart this morning. I managed to snag the boy and girl Splatoon amiibos but those three packs and all the new ones disappeared fast. No one per customer rule enforced at all.

But I doubt they have enough for me to go grab one after work.

They were putting some on the shelf after I wandered in so it's possible! I'm just glad I switched my 8AM electronics shift at my work (Walmart) so I could be buying Amiibos instead of putting them out!

Are Splatoon Amiibos 3 pack only? I only want the boy :/
They're available individually but I bet they're scarce.

Was like a feeding frenzy at the west Edmonton Walmart this morning. I managed to snag the boy and girl Splatoon amiibos but those three packs and all the new ones disappeared fast. No one per customer rule enforced at all.

Yeah it's a shame that the 1 per customer thing wasn't a company wide policy. It's done on a store by store basis and while I made sure my work implemented one because I understand the craze, employees at other locations sadly don't get it/don't care.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is stuff still going up on TRU online or is that over already for today?

Anyone know? I want to know if I can take a nap or not I've been up for like 2 hours this morning and I am tired and it's nap time.

Enilced2

Yeah it's a shame that the 1 per customer thing wasn't a company wide policy. It's done on a store by store basis and while I made sure my work implemented one because I understand the craze, employees at other locations sadly don't get it/don't care.
Yea the lady this morning opened up the cages and pretty much flat out said "take whatever you want, once they are gone I don't have to be bothered about them"

was around 10am est when Lucario went up but he never went up mistakenly the day before so who honestly knows anymore.

That's a bummer. I know my work and a few others just kept them in the shipping box and handed out 1 of whoever to people who came in. No point putting them on the shelf when everyone is gonna grab and hoard them. Wish they all handled it like that :(!

Zing

Banned
The quality on these new Amiibo isn't even close to wave 1/2. My Charizard and Splatoon figures look like much cheaper plastic. The seams are huge and obvious. What you don't see in photos is that inkling girl has a gigantic seam right across her head.

If the reprints are anything like this, collectors of the first wave have no fear of devaluation.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
If I go to EB during my lunch break, any chance I'll get a Ness? (lol...)

Sora_N

That's a bummer. I know my work and a few others just kept them in the shipping box and handed out 1 of whoever to people who came in. No point putting them on the shelf when everyone is gonna grab and hoard them. Wish they all handled it like that :(!

Why would they do that when people can just walk out with them

Top Bottom