• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Nothing charged or shipped here for me from eb/amazon/bestbuy lol, but no cancellations either *fingers crossed*

I just need some master pokeballs to try and catch a wild Jigglypuff and Greninja =/

Zing

Banned
If Indigo wants to cancel orders due to the obvious price error, fine, but to just cancel everyone's order and lie about supply is insulting.

got a couple ebgames charges - 18.07 x2, not sure where the four pack or which two amiibo those are. No other charges tho, and no shipping notices from anyone.
Wow, I didnt even realize that we were paying so much for these after tax. So glad I decided to not go for a full set after all. My initial $700 estimate looks like chump change now with the price hike and scalpers.

Palutena and I'm out.

Animal Crossing cards are next.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
My 3-pack Splatoon order was cancelled too. Saw it coming, but I'm still disappointed.

tiijj

If Indigo wants to cancel orders due to the obvious price error, fine, but to just cancel everyone's order and lie about supply is insulting.

Wow, I didnt even realize that we were paying so much for these after tax. So glad I decided to not go for a full set after all. My initial $700 estimate looks like chump change now with the price hike and scalpers.

Palutena and I'm out.

Animal Crossing cards are next.

I'm just waiting for cards now. It's nice to have if you have a room like those collectors but for people like me (which doesn't have one) I'm only keeping a handful, I'm just thankful that it's easy to get rid of rares since there are a lot of people who are starting or they are missing those. I can bundle my commons (like mario, peach, bowser, etc... lol) with those rares. It makes it easy to get rid of them at what I paid for. The thrill of being able to get one really pushed me in getting all of them lol.

Card amiibo are the best option for me. It should be cheaper, easier to store, and I would be able to collect all of them.

tiijj

Are they going to come in random packs making it impossible to get rare ones?

No news yet but I'm guessing with the animal crossing card (and hopefully they release some SSB, SMB, and other series too) that they might be blind packs like those e-reader/kid icarus ar cards. Amiibo hunting for the figures and amiibo trading for the cards lol.

espher

Wow, so my order from The Source for Charizard/Wario x2 actually shipped today.

I am legit surprised.

Still missing a billion of the Wave 4 amiibo, though. :(

Hi, Nintendo shipped Splatoon and the amiibos today. Lucina, Robin are the fewest in number. Followed by Wario. Lots of Pac-man, Ness, Greninja, and Charizard. I can post actual allocations if people care enough.

Sora_N

HUGE. Easily double, or triple anything else. (80 vs 30)

Singles are low(~15). 3 pack is average(~18).

Numbers in brackets are numbers at first shipment. For comparison, Lucina, and Robin we only recieved 8 to 10 of.

Maybe the website will have Greninja then. If not then fuck TRU as usual. How do you find managing the store?

I worked at a mall TRU 3-4 years ago.

EDIT: My EB called me for my Charizard and Ness. They only said Amiibos though. I should call back and check which ones.

Maybe the website will have Greninja then. If not then fuck TRU as usual. How do you find managing the store?

I worked at a mall TRU 3-4 years ago.

EDIT: My EB called me for my Charizard and Ness. They only said Amiibos though. I should call back and check which ones.

TRU is a dream compared to EBgames. EB is an awful company to work for.

Sora_N

TRU is a dream compared to EBgames. EB is an awful company to work for.

That is interesting to hear.

That's how I feel about TRU. They did treat their managers ok unless you have other bad managers or a bad director heh.

I didn't work at EB but thank god I'm out of retail now.

Zing

Banned
Think Jigglypuff has those kind of numbers?

Not that it is easy to shop at Walmart. Half the time, their stuff is still in the back, and the other half it arrives late.

FrsDvl

ffihCjt.jpg

Minimum of 50 per store!

Anyways, anyone been charged/shipped for Ness yet?

i-Jest

Minimum of 50 per store!

Anyways, anyone been charged/shipped for Ness yet?

I'm still leaving out at 7am. I won't chance it. Their are ALOT more people buying these things now, both on the collector and reseller side. This could however be a sign that Nintendo is stepping up its game with stock levels. I'm hoping the reemergence of wave 1 and 2 unicorns on BestBuy.ca is a sign of this as well. They should really give the Mario universe Amiibo a break.

ohlawd

tomorrow's judgment day for me. gonna call my EB one more time. can you believe they still don't have any idea who made the cut for preorders? probably pulling my leg. fuckin' wankers.

my TRU opens at 9 on Friday. gonna try and line up at 7.

Harusame

Here is my plan: On Thursday evening, I start lining up at my Ebgames at 7pm with some friends and wait until the 9pm release of Splatoon and amiibos. If I line up early enough, there should be some amiibos that are available for walk in. For Friday morning, my friends and I will head to TRU and line up 7am, and wait again until they open at 9 and get any other amiibos and hopefully acquire some for trading to any Gaf members in the Vancouver area.

lionpants

Here is my plan: On Thursday evening, I start lining up at my Ebgames at 7pm with some friends and wait until the 9pm release of Splatoon and amiibos. If I line up early enough, there should be some amiibos that are available for walk in. For Friday morning, my friends and I will head to TRU and line up 7am, and wait again until they open at 9 and get any other amiibos and hopefully acquire some for trading to any Gaf members in the Vancouver area.
9pm?

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Know people are amped up / stressed out about new wave dropping Friday, but don't forget to check your local Best Buy for Meta Knight re-stocks. Told they will be available today. :eek:) Not sure if all stores will get 40 or what, but I know BB Kanata will have them.

Kade

First thing I see when I wake up and look at my phone's lock screen is a payment failure e-mail from EBGames.ca regarding my Ness Amiibo. Called them and got it resolved before I even brushed my teeth or anything. The shock was enough that I don't think I'll be needing coffee today and it made me think that this Amiibo business is really messing with me.

And all three of my EB Game's amiibos that I ordered during that site hiccup have been charged.

Ness, Pac-Man and Inkling Girl.

This is probably old news for those following closely but I just checked my Lucina pre-order at BestBuy.ca and it is cancelled. This was an order that got through using the "forced" workaround for getting an item added to the cart. I didn't see a cancelled email but maybe I missed it idk. Considering the mess the pre-order system was, I am a bit disappointed but not too surprised.

MrFixIt

I just got charged for Ness and Pacman from Eb and Charizard from Amazon changed to "shipping now". Hopefully everything shows up tomorrow!

Sora_N

If you can help me get a Greninja I would be thankful.

Draysoth

Charged and shipping soon from Amazon - 3-pack, Charizard, Wario, Lucina, Robin, Silver Mario.

Ebgames charged for Ness, Wario, Pac-Man, and the 3 pack. Ooops - guess I will be returning a 3 pack. No shipping tho for Ebgames yet, or charges/shipping from Walmart or Bestbuy.

Oh, and Indigo cancelled my Dedede order.

Harusame

If you can help me get a Greninja I would be thankful.
I will definitely try, but considering that it is one greninja per person (and all my friends that are coming are getting one for themselves), it might be difficult. But nonetheless, I will see if I can acquire one for you.

Top Bottom