• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Maximus.

Just checked Toysrus in Whitby, ON and they said a few guys bought out all Grens and basically everything else at 9am...

They did have 7 silver marios and 5 splatoon 3 packs left though but I already have those ordered /shrug

Off to my scalper-holics-anonymous meeting to find Gren/Jiggles fml

Weird, the store I went to handed out tickets and it was a strict 1 per person for each figure it seemed.

As of 11:30. Yonge and Eglinton TRU apparently still had a handful of greninja in stock.

EB had Wario and Silver Mario at Y&E. 3 of each.

shezbot

Just checked Toysrus in Whitby, ON and they said a few guys bought out all Grens and basically everything else at 9am...

They did have 7 silver marios and 5 splatoon 3 packs left though but I already have those ordered /shrug

Off to my scalper-holics-anonymous meeting to find Gren/Jiggles fml

I was there, and there was about 60 people in line before it opened. they only allowed one per customer, and we all got a greninja.

Renewed

Getting those amiibo second thoughts :(

Well Robin, Charizard and Lucina arrived from amazon completely fine (Robin packaging was stuck under the flap of the box and came perfectly fine, praise my Canada Post delivery man). Now I have to run down to EB to pick up (assuming they're there) Splatoon 3-pack and Ness. Also probably the game because thanks a lot BB.

I'm gonna need a close up of other Robins because the hair paint looks chipped.

I was there, and there was about 60 people in line before it opened. they only allowed one per customer, and we all got a greninja.

Well I feel better at least knowing it wasn't just a couple people, the guy at the desk was prolly sick of answering that question lol

Just got back from my TRU. I was told about 50 people waited in line before opening.

Plenty of Greninja and Silver Mario still on the shelf, plus all the others (no Lucina or Robin and only 1 Wario).

I understand people want to show up early to secure what they want, but if my store is indicative of everywhere else than people should have no trouble getting what they want (today at least).

Bass260

Lucina and Robin are up too if anyone needs them.

Just got back from my TRU. I was told about 50 people waited in line before opening.

Plenty of Greninja and Silver Mario still on the shelf, plus all the others (no Lucina or Robin and only 1 Wario).

I understand people want to show up early to secure what they want, but if my store is indicative of everywhere else than people should have no trouble getting what they want (today at least).

TRU finally started taking amiibo seriously and ordered a lot of everything, aside from the obvious FE characters that were gone right away. At the Yonge and Eg location (lol if we're discussing the same store) in Toronto most figures were in abundance - 100+ Greninja, 50 Silver Mario, and plenty of Splatoon amiibo. Oddly enough I can also mention that Wario was in short supply compared to the rest.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't add to cart. Already out of stock?! Fuckin' hell...

Showtime13

Neo Member
i posted just after i had processed with paypal, although I'm still waiting for the confirmation email or it to appear under my order tracking settings......dont screw me TRU!

PS. I did just try to add it to my cart now and confirmed it's not working. So not sure what happened.

Enilced2

Yeah just got inside info most Toys R us got more then the 50 min per store and pretty much all of them were sold out in the first hour. Lineup near me was 100 at 6:30am this morning lol and they received 90. Humans.....there is no hope when amiibos attract this much attention. With that being said if anyone has a Greninja(only one im missing) they would like to trade or sell me it would be appreciated. I have doubles of Wario, Pac-Man, Splatoon 3 pack, Charizard, and Inkling boy(if I decide to pick it up tonight, accidental pre-order). Not looking to make money off of these, just had an eb order and an amazon backup if things fell through with the eb debacle. Thanks.
I don't have a Greninja but I am still really interested in that Splatoon 3Pack

MarkusRJR

The Walmart has Jigglypuff in stock on the website and after taking the 2 minute drive they went out of stock. At least I got the $13 Codename STEAM at EB Games.

Bass260

My Ness just arrived from EBgames.

Say what you will about Nintendo's handling of the amiibo situation but to be getting a Ness toy in 2015 from a NA retailer is unreal. Fucking Ness.

All that remains is Puff.

Showtime13

Neo Member
looks like TRU may have screwed me, this is so weird I submitted the order and everything but I see nothing as of yet. Not a confirmation email or anything in my paypal account. So bizarre, damn scalpers are going to get me!

My Ness just arrived from EBgames.

Say what you will about Nintendo's handling of the amiibo situation but to be getting a Ness toy in 2015 from a NA retailer is unreal. Fucking Ness.

All that remains is Puff.

Toys are cute and all but I want some sort of new game from the franchise.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Got the Ness I ordered + Wario woot & Splatoon! Hype!

Awaiting on FE characters from Amazon now, the Splatoon game
& Shania Twain Blu-Ray...
!

Maximus.

Ordered a japanese captain falcon and little mac for 33 dollars each. Doesn't seem so bad compared to previous prices I have seen online.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
No surprise. Purolator didn't attempt a delivery (I am home right now) and they left a 'no entry code' message in tracking. Contacting them right now and they'll have to try again on Monday. This happens. Every. Fucking. Time.

Bass260

Best Buy hasn't even charged me for my Splatoon game, never mind the amiibo

BB is super slow - they haven't charged me for Splatoon either. I just ended up picking up the game when I was at TRU for Greninja.

FS always got me my games day one :(

ohlawd

thanks, EB. Got my order. also saw some dudes pick up STEAM

just waiting for that Lucina from Walmart and I'll have my first tradebait (pls remain rare, Lucy) for ZSS or Palutena

thanks, EB. Got my order. also saw some dudes pick up STEAM

just waiting for that Lucina from Walmart and I'll have my first tradebait (pls remain rare, Lucy) for ZSS or Palutena

I think my Lucina and Little Mac will be my tradebait for ZSS and Palutena if worse comes to worse.

TRU finally started taking amiibo seriously and ordered a lot of everything, aside from the obvious FE characters that were gone right away. At the Yonge and Eg location (lol if we're discussing the same store) in Toronto most figures were in abundance - 100+ Greninja, 50 Silver Mario, and plenty of Splatoon amiibo. Oddly enough I can also mention that Wario was in short supply compared to the rest.

Nope, I'm in Montreal, but it's very nice to see that the chain has stepped it up country-wide.

Got back from EB, and apparently they didn't get enough Ness and Charizard to fill every order. He assured me that I will 100% still be getting one (Charizard) but they will only be arriving in mid-June.

Also Codename STEAM is definitely marked down. The cashier guessed that with the new Fire Emblem Amiibo being compatible, it might have been an attempt to spur some new sales in it (which sucks because the adapter doesn't come out until the Fall, and I will have long stopped playing by then).

Got my Char and Diddy from amazon, and they put them in the box the most awkward way possible, completely killed the cards, but had they flipped them they would have fit perfectly and not moved or bent the cards o_o

These things are collectors nightmare fuel I swear...

stolin

Well after a morning of running around, I got all of this wave.

EB Games: Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Wario, Pac-Man, Ness
Toys R' Us: Greninja, Silver Mario
Walmart: Jigglypuff

I still need a Marth, and would look for a one for one trade.

Well after a morning of running around, I got all of this wave.

EB Games: Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Wario, Pac-Man, Ness
Toys R' Us: Greninja, Silver Mario
Walmart: Jigglypuff

I still need a Marth, and would look for a one for one trade.

*confused* You got those but aren't keeping them?

EB Games and Wal-mart have nothing. Toys 'R' Us is the best place to go. The fat Asian scalper from last time was there, but they imposed a "1 of each" limit per customer. I managed to get a Wario and the Inkling Three-pack.

I grabbed a little mac from nippon yasan, he's about $33 with shipping, thats like $5 more than if I bought and paid shipping locally /shrug

They had Pit for the same price but he sold out as I was checking out, ah well thats one rare out of the way finally.

Edit: Oh I thought I'd add if you choose small packet/sal shipping you win, I've never had tax or duty and gotten quite a few from them when they aren't marked up to crazy prices.

Top Bottom