• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Kilvin

I haven't been following amiibo news much but I managed to preorder a Ness amiibo months ago on EBgames. I didn't get a email since then telling me they're cancelling my order. How do I know if I still have it? If so, is there a time limit in which I can pick it up?

Call them?

Preorders are held for 48 hours after release.

zroid

Banned
Best Buy has been pretty good about packing amiibo so far. Last time they even shipped the two I ordered together in separate boxes.

They sent all three in the same box this time but it should be ok...

zroid

Banned
I went and ordered Inkling Girl from Indigo to get the 20% off. I'll just return the Best Buy one. (Or rather I'll return the one which looks worse at Best Buy :p)

Having second thought about my Greninja... spent way more money than I planned to yesterday and he's probably my least favourite of the wave. At the same time though, he looks so good on a shelf...

ahdurian

guys think I should complaing to CanPost?
all three of my orders from the Jigglypuff fiasco were supposed to be delivered yesterday
and I still haven't received them

Draysoth

all three of my orders from the Jigglypuff fiasco were supposed to be delivered yesterday

My walmart orders - two came in, one didn't, all ordered at same time. Just check tracking unless you are really impatient.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

In my extensive experience with this (Because the mail system constantly fucks me), they can't do anything and have no power.

What does the tracking say?

Were the splatoon 3 packs available everywhere or were these hard to come by? My Walmart had 3.

Rare as rare can be. In other words...who knows. It's actually really tough to gauge. It's currently the only way of getting the Squid in NA. But EU got the squid packaged individually so you know, that'll eventually make it's way across the pond. When that happens, I suspect the three pack to become harder to find. It takes up more shelf space. Retailers would rather display something that fits the rest of the stuff on the pegs.

So, yeah. Probably going to be harder to come by down the road and more sought after right now due to the squid.

Dyne

Oh god, monitoring paid off. One metaknight left in stock at bestbuy after furiously checking since last night. Ordered and done. I didn't even really want it, it's just the thrill of the chase.

I've pretty much given up on Fire Emblem characters though.

Sora_N

http://imgur.com/a/qhtlZ

Basically

68XdhgI.jpg

Sora_N

I will post transcript, going to speak to CSR now.

Also the inkling girl looks awful, the looks like some kind of messed up elf imo. Maybe I just don't like orange.

Sora_N

I got a partial refund of $15+tax back.

I paid $29.99 for the 3-pack (I used my promo $10 from something).

So basically silver mario was free, guess i'll just open it.

Maximus.

why do they think this is ok

Honestly because the people packing this do not think that it will stay in the box and are trying to cut down on shipping materials used. It does suck for collectors, but realistically I don't expect better.

I open my Amiibos and was pleasantly surprised that Amazon had shipped two in one smaller box. Previously, they used a huge box with tons of paper. The Amiibos that did come were fine and the boxes were mint and I was happy I didn't have to recycle so much shit.

espher

I have two three-packs from Amazon and after some of the past train wrecks and seeing that I'm a little worried, but I have more than just those amiibo so they'll have to use a larger box. Still, ugh...

Sora_N

My Japanese Ness has pretty good paint compared to the English Ness, lol.

Paint is pretty awful on the one I grabbed from EB. Charizard sucks too.

So, after thinking I had a trade lined up for Ness I had to back out. Stoopid mimb collecting. So if anyone needs a jiggly, robin, or lucy and have a mimb ness...

MarkusRJR

Holy shit, I NEED to get that amiibo. I grew up playing Chibi Robo and have bought every release that were localized. Can someone post a link to pre-orders when they become available. I honestly don't mind getting charged import fees for Chibi Robo! <3

Top Bottom