• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

tiijj

Same, I was wondering how they were able to cancel my order twice.
If the first email was just a warning that makes more sense.

*continues to F5 the play-asia Chibi Robo page*

It's probably the automatic cancellation email. They did say on their first email:

An automatic cancellation email will follow this one shortly.

espher

Got three parcels today.

The Source: 2x Charizard, 2x Wario. Packed well, arrived in great shape.
Amazon: 1x Silver Mario. Packed well, arrived in great shape, only amiibo in the box.
Amazon: 1x Inkling Boy, 1x Inkling Girl, 1x Pac-Man, 1x Splatoon 3-pack. Pac-Man is creased, Inkling Boy looks like it was a ballcap someone tried to curve a beak on, Inkling Girl is slightly dinged on all four corners, Splatoon 3-pack has a giant crease. The box they sent them in was large enough to fit all four items with plenty of space around, but they jammed them all in almost edge on edge and then stuffed paper on top.

I have a second Amazon shipment that is due to arrive at my mother's place... if it's in the same shape I am going to lose my fscking mind.

Pac Man and Charizard seem to be common as fuck. I guess if anyone is having trouble though, I'm looking to get rid of some preorders I forgot about at cost.

MrFixIt

If anyone is looking for the Splatoon 3 pack, check TRU in store. My local one had at least 4 left after I grabbed one! The one I went to was the Pointe-Claire location.

espher

If anyone is looking for the Splatoon 3 pack, check TRU in store. My local one had at least 4 left after I grabbed one! The one I went to was the Pointe-Claire location.

Hmm, thanks. I'm heading up to my TRU after work - if they've got one there, I'll grab that and talk to Amazon about returning my damaged one.

zroid

Banned
got my Lucina and Robin from Best Buy. Very happy with them, they look great. Also very happy with Best Buy's packaging, they put them all in the same box (along with Inkling Girl) but they arrived in great condition. no bent cardboard or whatnot.

Here's my experience this round:

Amazon.ca 1pkg, 2/2 bent to hell.
Bestbuy.ca 3pkgs, 4/4 perfect.
Ebgames.ca 4pkgs, 3/4 perfect, 1 bent and one box not even taped shut o_O I couldn't believe it was in there somehow (splat3pack)!

i-Jest

You know what I'm looking forward to now? The two month downtime. It was nice being super active in shipping talk, and the bullshit that is retail exclusive Amiibo, but time away from the madness does the wallet and mind some good. The only Amiibo I would want now is Wario and I'm sure we'll see that restocked in a couple weeks or before the month is out. I MIGHT get a Jiggly Puff, if only for trade bait purposes if it springs up at Wal-Mart again.

espher

Went up to TRU tonight. Got my second Greninja, replacement Inklings/Pac Man for the damaged Amazon batch. Now to deal with Amazon CS here shortly...

You know what I'm looking forward to now? The two month downtime. It was nice being super active in shipping talk, and the bullshit that is retail exclusive Amiibo, but time away from the madness does the wallet and mind some good. The only Amiibo I would want now is Wario and I'm sure we'll see that restocked in a couple weeks or before the month is out. I MIGHT get a Jiggly Puff, if only for trade bait purposes if it springs up at Wal-Mart again.

I still believe Wario will hard to find shortly. With the smb Wario expected, it'll take the current one and there won't be any need to restock it.

lionpants

This is getting out of hand quickly.
2q7IvFp.jpg

Inn3aLo.jpg

ahdurian

my packages from Wal-mart finally came in
apparently my unit number on my address never showed up, which is why they didn't come on Friday/Saturday
2 orders (one was Jiggly/Inkling, other was Robin/Lucina) came in 4 seperate boxes
all came in beauitful condition. no dents or creases on the boxes
might return the Inkling girl though, since I wanna find the 3-pack but I'll see how that goes in the next few days
55245946-36a8-49df-bf53-9e6154ae3fad_zpsaskeogum.jpg

i-Jest

I still believe Wario will hard to find shortly. With the smb Wario expected, it'll take the current one and there won't be any need to restock it.

I agree. When I preordered my Amiibo's at EB Games, the sales associate said that certain Amiibo would be lower in stock off the bat. Wario, FE Amiibo, Splatoon Pack, and Charizard were those Amiibo. I haven't been to any carriers post release but I hear Charizard is as common as Pac-Man. Not surprising. It's a Pokemon almost as famous as Pikachu from one of gamings biggest franchises ever. My reason for thinking Wario will, at the very least, be uncommon is because of his new design. At this point it seems to be exclusive to Smash 4. Wario was a lower stock preorder, at least he was at EB Games Eaton Centre. I don't exactly see him as a Mario Universe character, more like a less common antithesis.

My gut was telling me to preorder him instead of Pac-Man but I was really liking Pac-man's moveset in game at the time.

Kilvin

Got my Meta Knight from Best Buy and my Silver Mario from Chapters in the mail today.

I'm quite pleased, Meta Knight looks phenomenal.

lionpants

Oh! Game of Thrones Pops! I have series one and two I've been meaning to sell. I switched over to mystery minis instead (i have an extra full set of commons from wave 2 as well). If you'te looking gor it even more out of hand...
I've got all of the GoT Pops so far, thought about mystery minis because they're so cool, but the randomness is kind of a turn off.

For what it's worth I was at Toys R Us and there was one Wario on the shelf (next to unlimited Pac-Men and a few Inkling kids). No other Wave 4's.

Ondore

Online: Grim. Everybody from the obvious (BB, Amazon) to the wtf (Source, Chapters) is sold out.

Locally: Gone where I am, Toys R Us seems to be your best shot if you have one.

I've got all of the GoT Pops so far, thought about mystery minis because they're so cool, but the randomness is kind of a turn off.

They're AMAZING! Love these little guys. And yeah going into a retailer and buying a blind box is crazy. That's why for the first series, I just bought a couple of lots off of ebay. For the second series, I bought two cases from bigbadtoystore. There was a full set of commons per case and then a couple of chase figures. I was hoping to get two differently packed cases so that the chase figures were different in each case but I ended up with two identical cases (hence all the extras). If you want to know what you're interested, let me know. At the very least you avoid the blind pick.

Also, and here's the great part, you don't have to worry about MIMB figures because the only way to know what you have...is to open the damn box!!! :D Stress...relieved.

My gut was telling me to preorder him instead of Pac-Man but I was really liking Pac-man's moveset in game at the time.

Still a bunch of Warios at Walmart here. If you want me to pick one up for you for cost plus shipping let me know.

Anyone in Guelph, Kitchener/Waterloo, Cambridge, Brantford or Hamilton have a Shulk (any region) or even an open one to trade? I have a NA Jiggly, Dedede and Lucario in box. The Dedede and Jiggly have a minor crease on their boxes (thanks Walmart...).

i-Jest

Dat salty collector moment.

Alot of us have been at the brink before. This is why I like the downtime in between waves. Give me breathing room to come to terms with the fact that collecting, with each wave, has gotten harder and will continue to get even harder. We haven't even reached DLC Amiibo yet. WHEN Mew Two and Lucas come its gonna be a shit storm. I have a bad feeling about those two.

If it wasn't for Canuck Amiibo GAF, my collection wouldn't be what it is now. Thanks GAF.

Showtime13

Neo Member
Looking to trade a Robin, Lucina, Wario, Pac Man, Charizard, or Splatoon three pack for a greninja. Only one I am missing from my set currently, if anyone is interested please let me know.

espher

Looking to trade a Robin, Lucina, Wario, Pac Man, Charizard, or Splatoon three pack for a greninja. Only one I am missing from my set currently, if anyone is interested please let me know.

I may take you up on that, depending on the condition of my other Splatoon 3-pack. I do need Robin and Lucina as well so we might still have something at that point... those two and Ness are the only ones I'm missing, so. ;)

If you get another trade offer, though, feel free to take it - I might be a while yet waiting on that other pack to arrive. (Edit: As a note, I'm in NB.)

I managed to secure the ones I wanted as soon as they went on sale so this went rather stress free. If I stumble across a Wario or Charizard I may pick them up, otherwise I am good.

It's good to not be trying to collect them all.

Just waiting for those next two waves now.

Showtime13

Neo Member
I may take you up on that, depending on the condition of my other Splatoon 3-pack. I do need Robin and Lucina as well so we might still have something at that point... those two and Ness are the only ones I'm missing, so. ;)

If you get another trade offer, though, feel free to take it - I might be a while yet waiting on that other pack to arrive. (Edit: As a note, I'm in NB.)

ok sounds good keep me posted i had an order Friday through Toys R Us online and it submitted. According to ToysRUs though they havent received anything. This happened once before with something I ordered so I re-ordered and I ended up with two orders. So I'm still hoping for a miracle on Greninja.

Showtime13

Neo Member
I managed to secure the ones I wanted as soon as they went on sale so this went rather stress free. If I stumble across a Wario or Charizard I may pick them up, otherwise I am good.

It's good to not be trying to collect them all.

Just waiting for those next two waves now.

I'm so ready to tap out of this fiasco lol. I originally just wanted to collect my favourite Nintendo characters and then something triggered to me that these might become a hot commodity so I just preordered everything. Now it's just becoming a pain, once I have the entire Smash series that will be the end......unless they come out with a Legend Of Zelda series which would be epic and suck me back in! Who doesn't want a Chocobo Amiibo, Goron, or Deku amiibo! lol

espher

I'm so ready to tap out of this fiasco lol. I originally just wanted to collect my favourite Nintendo characters and then something triggered to me that these might become a hot commodity so I just preordered everything. Now it's just becoming a pain, once I have the entire Smash series that will be the end......unless they come out with a Legend Of Zelda series which would be epic and suck me back in! Who doesn't want a Chocobo Amiibo, Goron, or Deku amiibo! lol

I was about to bow out w/ Wave 4, but then I somehow managed to get all but three of them, and I'm still in. I think if I miss out on Wave 5 and the Yarn Yoshis I'll stop being an avid collector and just get what I /really/ want (though, again, in Wave 4's case, three of the four I really wanted are ones I didn't get).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just as an aside, Wario is a really great looking Amiibo. We're giving the one we got to a friend, as I'm not the biggest fan of 'biker Wario', but it has to be one of the better looking Amiibo.

edit: Walking home from the grocery store yesterday, I hear two people talking as I passed by. "hhghrghghghr DLC hrhrhgrhhg.." so hearing DLC I look over and what do I see? The guy is holding a Robin. I said nice Robin from a few feet away, but I'm not sure they heard me. That'll probably be the only Robin I ever see in person.

Avalt

Ordered the 3-pack splatoon amiibo from Amazon yesterday and got it this morning. Here are the packaging picks. It arrived from their Mississauga warehouse.

Near perfect condition, except for a slight bend. Too bad I don't care about packaging :p

And that's how they look on my desk. Pretty satisfied with their quality too :)

Ordered the 3-pack splatoon amiibo from Amazon yesterday and got it this morning. Here are the packaging picks. It arrived from their Mississauga warehouse.

Near perfect condition, except for a slight bend. Too bad I don't care about packaging :p

And that's how they look on my desk. Pretty satisfied with their quality too :)

Squid turned into a monkey?

And DAMMIT! What is Amazon doing? I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about them cramming figures into a small box as I have the whole flippin' set coming from them in one box (including singles of splatoon and silver mario). But I guess I might want to be concerned with them having a big enough box.

Gah! *patiently waits*

zroid

Banned
Squid turned into a monkey?

And DAMMIT! What is Amazon doing? I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about them cramming figures into a small box as I have the whole flippin' set coming from them in one box (including singles of splatoon and silver mario). But I guess I might want to be concerned with them having a big enough box.

Gah! *patiently waits*

they're going to send each amiibo packed individually in separate boxes which are each too small

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I have yet to open my Splatoon 3 pack yet. I'm pretty sure I want to keep them, but then again, if I could trade them later on for 2 Amiibo I really want, but missed. Ayy, I hate playing this game.

I'm looking for a nice looking small desk shelf (white if possible) to display my amiibo, any recommendation? Planning to buy this one but goddamn the shipping/import fee...

Honestly...I don't think you'd be happy with that. It's too deep. And with the shelves that close together, anything that's not in the front row would get totally lost. Did you check any options at Ikea?

tiijj

My Lucina and Robin just came in from amazon and the packaging was great. Thankfully I lucked out in the entire packaging thing. I wish I could've gotten charizard but I'm cutting back on amiibo LOL

Honestly...I don't think you'd be happy with that. It's too deep. And with the shelves that close together, anything that's not in the front row would get totally lost. Did you check any options at Ikea?

I tried, but like all the desk shelves are too wide to fit in my desk :( I'm looking for something under 40cm in width.

Picked up Robin and Lucina from The Source yesterday. Of all the retailers, that's the only one I managed to get Wave 4 from.

Definitely keeping Lucina since she's my Smash waifu main. Undecided on Robin for now.

Top Bottom