• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

You are the love of my life!

I'm guna PM you my address ;)

Vinny...she's getting ready for her trip...

jiggly_zpss6dwudru.gif

Will pm you shortly with shipping costs.

Will all the bent amiibo coming from amazon, they should hire you as the residential packaging expert. LOL

Yeah I went a little OCD there. But she's not moving in that box and is protected from every angle. Even plastic wrapped her then taped her to a sheet of cardboard to protect the edges of the card.

i-Jest

So the wide range of color variations we saw in the New Yarn Yoshi trailer WILL in fact happen. You were right Backlog. I think I'll stick with Wave 1 color variations.

So the wide range of color variations we saw in the New Yarn Yoshi trailer WILL in fact happen. You were right Backlog. I think I'll stick with Wave 1 color variations.

Yep. Figured as much. That's going to get crazy because they can literally put any pattern on the darn things. In that ad it showed one that looked like a watermelon. The possibilities will be endless. I feel sorry for those who collect more then one.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Vinny...she's getting ready for her trip...

jiggly_zpss6dwudru.gif

Will pm you shortly with shipping costs.

This man is a genius!

So kind, great, and easy communication!

Just waiting for you to provide me with your info to pay you for your services! ;)

Dat wrapping too! damn

So here's something to NOTE:

Amiibos seem to be taking on their own form of currency with regards to Nintendo merchandise. There's a facebook group I'm on. A bunch of people have picked up the current wave and are using them as trade bait for non-amiibo items. Games, merchandise, you name it.

Things...are going to get worse.

i-Jest

Yep. Figured as much. That's going to get crazy because they can literally put any pattern on the darn things. In that ad it showed one that looked like a watermelon. The possibilities will be endless. I feel sorry for those who collect more then one.

The ones I saw were color variations based on other Nintendo characters. There's a DualShockers article about it on their site. Can't link it because NeoGAF blocks it.

So here's something to NOTE:

Amiibos seem to be taking on their own form of currency with regards to Nintendo merchandise. There's a facebook group I'm on. A bunch of people have picked up the current wave and are using them as trade bait for non-amiibo items. Games, merchandise, you name it.

Things...are going to get worse.

I told Mysterious on line we haven't hit the peak of Amiibo's yet. I firmly stand by that until proven wrong otherwise.

Just bought a brand new sealed Splatoon triple pack on kijiji for $50. I actually paid $45, but paid the guy an extra fiver to deliver it to my door lol. He got it by trading a Jigglypuff for it, but then decided not to get Splatoon. Lucky me! :)

So what are you guys using to display your Amiibos? Sold my Greninja and Shulk to fund the purchase of something cool to display them on so I have a bit of wiggle room financially. I just want something that looks good!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The original Chibi Robo was an amazing game. Why did all the follow ups have to be something radically different and inevitably shit? I'll consider picking up the bundle, depending on how much the total is.

Purolator delivered early this morning. I was lucky I was back in from the dog walk. Wario and Splatoon 3-Pack game well packaged in large boxes. Ness came in a small box with no air bags. Not that I mind with Ness, he's already open.. just interesting.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone's Splatoon 3-pack order on Chapters been cancelled? Like everyone here, I received the e-mail saying my order would be cancelled and that an official cancellation e-mail would follow... but I never received the actual cancellation e-mail. Maybe there's still a chance we'll receive it? (lol)

zroid

Banned
Has anyone's Splatoon 3-pack order on Chapters been cancelled? Like everyone here, I received the e-mail saying my order would be cancelled and that an official cancellation e-mail would follow... but I never received the actual cancellation e-mail. Maybe there's still a chance we'll receive it? (lol)

no it hasn't

i don't think they ever received any of the 3 packs from Nintendo. who knows, maybe if they get them in the future, they'll ship them to the people who had pre-ordered it.

edit: scratch that, looks like they JUST cancelled it lol

teeg

I never received a Cancellation Email, but logging into my account I can see the order has Pending Cancellation on it so I'm doubtful anything will actually be shipped for me.

Harusame

Just received my shipments of Robin & Lucina from Best Buy and Inkling Girl & Silver Mario from Walmart. They arrived in perfect condition with no neglect to their boxes and packaging. Now to await the arrival of Jigglypuff in the upcoming days.

no it hasn't

i don't think they ever received any of the 3 packs from Nintendo. who knows, maybe if they get them in the future, they'll ship them to the people who had pre-ordered it.

edit: scratch that, looks like they JUST cancelled it lol

There was someone on facebook that received a shipping notice for it and he paid the error price so who knows.

espher

Wow, I literally stopped looking at this thread for an hour and I missed Robin fml. :p

Guess I need to budget for two Chibi Robo orders, eh? :/

MarkusRJR

Ahh fuck. The Chibi Robo Amiibo is bundle only. Now it's going to cost a fortune if I have to get it from scalpers. No way Nintendo will ship a lot of bundles out either, especially for a super niche franchise like Chibi Robo. :(

Kade

Just got my Greninja Amiibo from Toys R Us. It was left on my doorstep and the delivery guy didn't bother ringing the door bell or knocking. It was in a box twice its size with nothing else but a slip of paper and the tape was ripped apart as if someone was trying to see or get to what was inside. I got pretty scared but the Amiibo was inside and seems to be near mint, figure and packaging. All that's left for this wave for me are Ness and Jigglypuff which should be arriving in the next day or two. Getting what I wanted this wave has been pretty easy compared to wave 2 and 3 (Ended up getting Ike and Pit but it cost me around $90 combined, still don't have King Dedede) but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't frustrating or stress-free.

I just received the second email.

Top Bottom