• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Fallout 4 amiibo hype

Which reminds me, I never ever finished three.

You know that part where you go to witness the wedding between the girl and the guy she's interested in? Well...the last time I played that I was feeling a little...um...evil. Planted a bunch of landmines in at the doorway and watched bodies fly all over the place. Then the game glitched, and I somehow got caught in the doorway and couldn't get out.

Meh...serves me right I guess.

Harusame

Just received my Jigglypuff from Walmart. As with my other packages, it arrived in perfect condition, making that a total of 6 out of 6. Now with that out of the way, I will just have to stress for my Class 5 (Full License) road test that I have later today...

Kade

He's finally here! :)

SrgCGAr.jpg

Just received my Jigglypuff from Walmart. As with my other packages, it arrived in perfect condition, making that a total of 6 out of 6. Now with that out of the way, I will just have to stress for my Class 5 (Full License) road test that I have later today...

Good luck!

i-Jest

The world is changing and we Amiibo collectors must change along with it. This could be a change for the bad though. Exchanging for drugs though? That's insane. These things have street value now., that to me is unbelievable. You said the facebook group your apart of also has this activity going on? What are people selling Amiibo there to get?

ohlawd

aww yeah my Lucina tradebait is here. no problem with packaging here.

good luck! I can go for my class 5 too. haven't booked it cuz I'm lazy. plus I've developed some really nasty habits while driving. wouldn't fly if they tested me now

Harusame

good luck! I can go for my class 5 too. haven't booked it cuz I'm lazy. plus I've developed some really nasty habits while driving. wouldn't fly if they tested me now
Yeah, I have been lazy to take book my test since I could have taken it a year ago. What's interesting though, is that while procrastinating on studying for my pathophysiology exam this past Saturday, I just decided to book the test and thought I would have to wait maybe 3-4 months for the test, but luckily found an opening for today.

espher

And DAMMIT! What is Amazon doing? I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about them cramming figures into a small box as I have the whole flippin' set coming from them in one box (including singles of splatoon and silver mario). But I guess I might want to be concerned with them having a big enough box.

Gah! *patiently waits*

I had Pac-Man, 3-pack, both Inklings. In a box large enough to accommodate them all. Packed in such a way that all four boxes were bent or creased.

The world is changing and we Amiibo collectors must change along with it. This could be a change for the bad though. Exchanging for drugs though? That's insane. These things have street value now., that to me is unbelievable. You said the facebook group your apart of also has this activity going on? What are people selling Amiibo there to get?

That's been all Nintendo merchandise on there. People scooping up amiibos to trade for OOS games and such.

I had Pac-Man, 3-pack, both Inklings. In a box large enough to accommodate them all. Packed in such a way that all four boxes were bent or creased.

Ugh. I see a chat with amazon coming up.

I'm ready to trade sum pills for that Dr. Mario

Sora_N

Good luck!!

Zing

Banned
I only read the description, but I don't see why someone who hasn't even had time to enjoy the main game and clearly doesn't care about the figurines is whining about not having the opportunity to waste $40 on what is probably the most unimportant "DLC" since horse armor.

TRADES?

Anyone interested in trading Lucario/Jigglypuff/Greninja for any of:
King Dedede
DK
Diddy
Kirby
Bowser
Gold Mario
Silver Mario
Meta Knight

I don't care about region or the packaging.

Anyone want to trade my Mint in box NA Ness for an Ike (any region except counterfeit lol)

I'll pay to ship to you if you do the same to me.

You said the facebook group your apart of also has this activity going on? What are people selling Amiibo there to get?

Here's an example. A guy on there has stocked up on this...

11223650_10155658263740302_4263096531766223554_n.jpg

And is looking to trade for any of the following...

"Lf: super nintendo rpgs- chrono trigger, earthbound, final fantasy 2 or 3, super mario rpg (earthbound is what I want the most) would like to trade for nice condition carts and labels as well."

"Lf: super nintendo rpgs- chrono trigger, earthbound, final fantasy 2 or 3, super mario rpg (earthbound is what I want the most) would like to trade for nice condition carts and labels as well."

As a game collector I would do the same with some of my extras :-/

I only read the description, but I don't see why someone who hasn't even had time to enjoy the main game and clearly doesn't care about the figurines is whining about not having the opportunity to waste $40 on what is probably the most unimportant "DLC" since horse armor.

What? Seriously, Jim made a video defending Amiibos a few months back, his channel is full of Splatoon jokes, etc. He's a fan of both, don't dismiss him.

I've started up Amiibo Hunting again. Not a single wave 4 to be seen in every store I went to in Victoria minus Pacman and Silver Mario. I now remember why I quit.

Sealtest

speaking of zavvi has anyone got any update from them about the amiibo preorders? I currently have palutena,dark pit,ganon,olimar and ZSS but besides "awaiting stock pick" I haven't seen or heard any update on if all those amiibo orders will be fulfilled.

i-Jest

11223650_10155658263740302_4263096531766223554_n.jpg

Jesus....If you got the means to get whatever then whateves. I'm not even mad at that trade bait though.

Just received my Splatoon 3-pack today from Best Buy. They did an excellent job with the packing leaving my Splatoon box in perfect condition! I'm expecting my Lucina and Robin amiibo from them tomorrow. Hopefully they will be just as carefully packed.

Trying to piece meal a MIMB collection for this wave. I had damaged figures from both amazon and best buy. I still have 2 orders coming in from Walmart. So here's hoping. Went to Walmart first thing this morning to hand pick some of the commons. Unfortunately Charizard was already sold out.

One thing I found totally odd. With my two packages coming from walmart. One is shipping via Canada Post (only three amiibos in that one) the other bigger package got sent via UPS. Very strange. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Hopefully things arrive ok from UPS because that'll be my last shot at piecing together the remainder of the commons.

espher

Second Amazon order (Pac/Silver/Inklings/3-pack) arrived.

Everything was damaged /except/ the 3-pack, oddly, so I made out OK this wave in the end but still need to talk to Amazon about returning like 7 amiibo, ffs.

So...let's talk trade bait.

Going forward from this wave I suspect Robin, Lucy, Wario, and the 3 Pack will all be useful for future trades.

Lucy and Robin are a given. It took far too long for a reprint of Marth and Ike. I suspect it'll be a couple of waves before Lucy and Robin are restocked.

Wario. I've already said it. But with the SMB default Wario expected release, he'll take the place of the Smash Wario.

3 Pack. It's a given that the Squid will eventually make it's way across the pond. Once that happens, the 3 pack won't be released anymore. So it has value now (only way to get the squid), and will have value in the future when it's no longer being printed.

Everything else, I suspect will be easily attainable.

i-Jest

So...let's talk trade bait.

Going forward from this wave I suspect Robin, Lucy, Wario, and the 3 Pack will all be useful for future trades.

Lucy and Robin are a given. It took far too long for a reprint of Marth and Ike. I suspect it'll be a couple of waves before Lucy and Robin are restocked.

Wario. I've already said it. But with the SMB default Wario expected release, he'll take the place of the Smash Wario.

3 Pack. It's a given that the Squid will eventually make it's way across the pond. Once that happens, the 3 pack won't be released anymore. So it has value now (only way to get the squid), and will have value in the future when it's no longer being printed.

Everything else, I suspect will be easily attainable.

I'm skeptical about how big the Villager reprint will be. It might be a decent size in America but I don't think Canada's situation will be synonymous.

tiijj

I don't think the tri pack are available because inkling squid is not available as a separate purchase. Even if the inkling squid amiibo gets release here separately it doesn't mean that they won't release the tri pack anymore. The tri pack serves as a discounted package. Look at japan, all three inklings are available as a package as well as a tri pack.

Ok well...

Setting up returns.

Amazon

Sending back anything I didn't want that was banged up. Managed to get a 20% discount on the damaged stuff I kept. Should the damaged items become available within the "return window" I can buy them again, and send the damaged stuff back. No exchanges.

Best Buy

I didn't contact them about the damaged items yet. I did however try to set up a return for Silver Mario (there are still tons of them on shelf here in town). The CS rep asked for the reason, I explain I was able to get him locally. She put me on hold for a bit, then came back and told me to keep him at no cost to me. Refund should be received within 5 business days. I was like...what? Don't you want this back? Then she explained the cost to ship it back wouldn't be worth it to them.

Silver Mario <<< Cost of shipping to return.

Pleasant surprise. I guess I'll just return the one I bought in town.

And Walmart just struck out in the packaging department also.

1 box. 2 Rows. They criss-crossed the top row over the bottom row and wrecked the edge of the cards on just about every flippin' one. Madness.

EDIT: Guess I should explain. Instead of laying them flat in the box (which I tried, they would have fit) they laid these in the box on their sides. So the cards on the top row were cutting into the cards on the bottom row and vice versa.

Top Bottom