• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Got that sexy beast of a Jigglypuff DeathByBacklog.

Thanks again, and dat package man, wooottt!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yes it has! I couldn't be more happier! A +

Really kind of you to have packaged the amiibo like that.

I'll keep an eye out if I see a Ness amiibo in the wild :)
You should post pics of the packaging then tweet Amazon in order to shame them. :p

Pay It Forward Trading Chain

Details

- Last item listed on this list is up for grabs.

- If you want that item, you have to be willing to trade out equal value. (no Marths for Peach)

- Sender takes on the cost of shipping. Contact the person you're sending your figure to ahead of time and see if they require the figure MIMB or will just be opening them. That might save you in shipping costs since you can send in a smaller box.

History of Trades

DeathByBacklog
Jigglypuff ---> OrangeAtlas

OrangeAtlas
Lucario ---> LeGourmand

LeGourmand
Lucina ---> Darkspineslayer

Darkspineslayer
Pacman, Charizard, Gold Mario ---> DeathByBacklog

DeathByBacklog
Greninja ---> Darkspineslayer

LeGourmand
Robin ---> ?

Anth0ny

so by some divine miracle I was on walmart.ca earlier looking for blackout curtains

decided to search "amiibo" for some dumb reason

and Jigglypuff was in stock, so I actually got one ^_^

of course it sold out as soon as I paid for it

Also, I purchased Uncharted 4 alongside it. Am I correct in assuming I can get my amiibo then cancel Uncharted 4 so I get the free shipping?

so by some divine miracle I was on walmart.ca earlier looking for blackout curtains

decided to search "amiibo" for some dumb reason

and Jigglypuff was in stock, so I actually got one ^_^

of course it sold out as soon as I paid for it

Also, I purchased Uncharted 4 alongside it. Am I correct in assuming I can get my amiibo then cancel Uncharted 4 so I get the free shipping?

Walmart's a pain for cancellations. They "make a request" but let you know it may still ship. Just take it back to a walmart and get a full refund. For that reason alone, it's best just to order something that is currently instock so you can tie up loose ends as soon as possible.

Thanks! Is it too late for a picture of the packaging? Just looking for pro-tips!

Well for your's I found a box small enough. Took the loose Greninja and put it in a plastic baggie. Then I set down some scrap paper as a cushion on the bottom of the box. I cut to pieces of cardboard the height and depth of the box and placed them along each side of the figure for vertical and horizontal support (should stop any possible crushing of the box enroute). Then just filled the sides and the top with more scrap paper.

And yeah...too late for a pic and it's all taped up!

Here's what I did with Vinnie's MIMB one though...

jiggly_zpss6dwudru.gif

Wrapped some saran wrap loosely around the figure. Then I cut a piece of cardboard bigger then the actual size of the the amiibo card. Taped the amiibo to that cardboard (prevents shift of the figure, and protects the card edges). Laid it on the bottom of the box then cut some vertical supports out of cardboard. Then...filler.

I went to pick up my Ness amiibo Tuesday evening after work at the Purolator store, but the store attendant handed me two boxes. I was confused, and opened them in my car. Sure enough, my Ness was in one box. In the other, there was a Pac-man amiibo... the same one that I received a cancellation notice for before (accidentally had two Ness orders going on at EB games.ca).

Has this happened to anyone else here? For a moment in the car, I wondered if I was sent two Ness's. Sorry guys; I would have put it up here to trade. =<

Anth0ny

Walmart's a pain for cancellations. They "make a request" but let you know it may still ship. Just take it back to a walmart and get a full refund. For that reason alone, it's best just to order something that is currently instock so you can tie up loose ends as soon as possible.

shit. I just placed the first expensive thing that came to mind in my cart.

I'll try to figure it out.

Maximus.

I am honestly surprised there haven't been any random restocks online this wave as of yet (unless I totally missed something).

espher

Well, contacted Amazon about my damaged box of everything. They offered the partial credit for all of the items, I explained that would be fine for the 3-pack as I needed to keep it, but I wanted to know if I could look to return Pac/Boy/Girl if I found a replacement before the return window expired. The rep offered to instead give me a full refund on those three items (though with no credit on the 3-pack), since they couldn't use the product even if returned. That's a pretty good trade.

Amazon CS can be pretty good even if Amazon packaging is pretty brutal.

Well, contacted Amazon about my damaged box of everything. They offered the partial credit for all of the items, I explained that would be fine for the 3-pack as I needed to keep it, but I wanted to know if I could look to return Pac/Boy/Girl if I found a replacement before the return window expired. The rep offered to instead give me a full refund on those three items (though with no credit on the 3-pack), since they couldn't use the product even if returned. That's a pretty good trade.

Amazon CS can be pretty good even if Amazon packaging is pretty brutal.

Wow. You made out better then me. How bad was the damage on the other 3 amiibo?

Marth showing up on Walmart scanners... I guess I probably should have pointed out that even though there's no quantity showing, the price of Marth is now the new price.

11406863_10153223014975589_1652356877798746769_n.jpg

i-Jest

Marth showing up on Walmart scanners... I guess I probably should have pointed out that even though there's no quantity showing, the price of Marth is now the new price.

11406863_10153223014975589_1652356877798746769_n.jpg

Everyone gear up to buy your first Marth or some quality trading fodder (if you can). First Rosalina and now Marth? Walmart's getting ready for a majorly epic restock.

Pay It Forward Trading Chain

Details

- Last item listed on this list is up for grabs.

- If you want that item, you have to be willing to trade out equal value. (no Marths for Peach)

- Sender takes on the cost of shipping. Contact the person you're sending your figure to ahead of time and see if they require the figure MIMB or will just be opening them. That might save you in shipping costs since you can send in a smaller box.

History of Trades

DeathByBacklog
Jigglypuff ---> OrangeAtlas

OrangeAtlas
Lucario ---> LeGourmand

LeGourmand
Lucina ---> Darkspineslayer

Darkspineslayer
Pacman, Charizard, Gold Mario ---> DeathByBacklog

DeathByBacklog
Greninja ---> LeGourmand

LeGourmand
Robin ---> ?

levyjl1988

Banned
I wonder how rare Rosalina will be. How many did Walmart get when it first shipped to Canada? Will it be rare as Jigglypuff? I don't think it will be a store exclusive. My Walmart Super Center got only 3 Jigglypuffs and they quickly disappeared.

I wonder how rare Rosalina will be. How many did Walmart get when it first shipped to Canada? Will it be rare as Jigglypuff? I don't think it will be a store exclusive. My Walmart Super Center got only 3 Jigglypuffs and they quickly disappeared.

Wow that's interesting. The Walmart here (only 1 in town) got 20. When it came to Rosie I think we only got 2.

That being said i don't think you can compare both situations. The unexpected Target closure put the Rosie release into a tailspin with stock being spread out to all retailers. With Jiggly, walmart is the only place to get it.

Zing

Banned
Walmart failed miserably with Jigglypuff. Toysrus knows how to do it. They did it spectatacularly with exclusive Skylanders and, by far, have handled their exclusive Amiibo the best.

How does this shit even happen? Despite being "exclusive", Walmart seemed to only order the regular amount as if they would sit on shelves for months. TRU at least tried to fulfill demand. Like, why even bother shipping any to a store if you are only going to send 10 and allow one person to buy them all?

Alright. I just helped broker a 3 person trade between myself, Jessi, and friskykillface.

DeathByBacklog
Robin ---> friskykillface

friskykillface
Shulk ---> Jessi

Jessi
Ness ---> DeathByBacklog

Woot!

So this morning I've packed up friskykillface's Robin and have outdone myself again.

1 sheet of cardboard 1/2" bigger then the card of the amiibo...

back_zpsu8fopq47.gif

Amiibo loosely wrapped with saran wrap. Important that it's loosely wrapped so that it doesn't pull on the corners or edges of the card.

Saran_zpsx6lsxqxu.gif

Saran-and-Bach_zps5vtwbel2.gif

Another sheet of cardboard cut to the same size as the back piece with a window cut out to fit the bubble through.

Cut-Out_zpsdzxtnix3.gif

Assembled then I taped the edges. This now adds strength to the card to prevent bending and also protects the edges of the card.

Final_zps8pqp0rcr.gif

Boxed. The box I had was too big so I flipped it on it's side. Taped up was was once the top and bottom. Then turned the side into the top.

Boxed_zpsqo1dsqsm.gif

Ya ya ya...I'm a little OCD. But that sucker's getting to where it needs to be safely.

ohlawd

Amazon just called

they want to hire you as the new manager of their packaging and shipping department

you'll be paid in amiibos

Thanks for the compliments guys. Honestly I think I could whip one of these off pretty quickly now that I know what I need to do. But admittedly it'd be easier and faster to just toss it in a box and hope that the person that's getting it will just be opening up the amiibo (but the MIMB collector in me doesn't seem to allow me to do so).

Top Bottom