• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Duran

I couldn't get past the account creation page. How much is shipping?

Shipping is 15usd for cheapest, thought it was cheaper before but I guess not. I put in an order for Dark Pit, Palutena, ZSS since I think they'll be rare here. Total came to ~70USD. So around $30 for each one.

My Lucina and Robin came from Best Buy today and they were also nicely packed like my Splatoon amiibo, so thank you BB for being careful about my amiibo shipments!

Now all I need for my amiibo colection is fucking Marth!

And Greninja finally arrives. Damaged.

%^^$$**##!!

Though it wasn't from shipping. It looks like someone attempted to open it. Top right corner of the bubble is torn away from the card.

%^^$$**##!!

If anyone has a MINTY fresh one that they'd like to swap with one that's suitable for opening...

On a side note. Finally got a Robin in worthy of MIMB. Only took 4 orders to do so. Which is funny because it was the last order that I put in. When they went up on Walmart, I placed my initial order. But since I had Robin coming in from both BB and Amazon I took a chance at putting in anther order expecting that it'd just get canceled. But it went through, and it was literally the last chance to get one MIMB.

Showtime13

Neo Member
Looking for a Greninja willing to trade a Robin, Lucina, Splatoon 3 pack, Charizard, Wario, or Pac-Man. Toronto area. Looks like Toys R Us screwed me.

So when it comes to retailers making good...

Amazon - 20% discount for the damaged items you keep. Hassle free return policy for anything you send back.

Best Buy - Hassle free return policy. I've received 50% off of damaged amiibos I've kept (mind you that was with FS...but...). And I was allowed to just keep a Silver Mario I no longer needed instead of having to ship it back.

Walmart - No compensation for damaged items. Hassle free return policy.

ToysRUs - No compensation. Hassle free return policy. They view amiibos as toys, meant to be open so packaging is of no concern to them.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I really wonder how long Amazon will continue selling Amiibo if they have to keep dealing with customer complaints and giving discounts because of damaged packaging. We all know the problems .com had with Nintendo hardware, can Amiibo see a similar situation?

MrFixIt

I really wonder how long Amazon will continue selling Amiibo if they have to keep dealing with customer complaints and giving discounts because of damaged packaging. We all know the problems .com had with Nintendo hardware, can Amiibo see a similar situation?
It's hard to say that they'll stop selling amiibos when they just reached an agreement with Nintendo to start selling some of its hardware again. That and it's probably easier for them to just tell the shippers/packers to stop fucking up then to just stop selling them altogether.

espher

I don't know, the problem seems to be on Amazon's end. Nintendo isn't packing the boxes.

lionpants

I doubt they actually receive that many complaints. Most people open them and don't care what condition the packaging is in. We're probably the insane few.

So in order to brighten my spirits, get some good mojo from the Amiibo gods, make things fun in here, and kill some time until the next chaos. I propose...

A Trading Chain!

I'll put up one of my extras to be made available for free (won't even charge shipping). Catch is, if you want to get it, you need to find someone else that needs an extra of your's. And in order for them to get your's, they have to find someone that needs an extra of their's (so on and so on blah blah blah).

So I'll start.

Robin, Lucina, or Jigglypuff pick one (please note the only guaranteed mimb one would be Jiggly).

Let me know which one you want, and who you're trading an extra to.

How long is the chain going to be? I mean, ostensibly, you need to trade for something too, right? :p

Hey if it comes back around to me where I need something, I'll try to jump on it. At the very least it promotes the community to help each other out. I'm ok with paying something forward in that case.

Hmmm. Now thinking about the conditions...I guess that could potentially fall all apart huh? If you need to have a trade set up to accept a trade...

Alright I got a better idea!!

Pay It Forward

I'll give up one of my dupes to a regular boardie on the condition that they try to find someone that needs one of their extras. So on and so on.

Up for free... Lucy, Robin, or Jiggly Puff. In order to claim it, you have to list what you'll in turn give away for free. And lets try to be helpful and fair. If you're getting something rare, don't offer a Peach in return as that'll just kill the whole intent of this.

Hey if it comes back around to me where I need something, I'll try to jump on it. At the very least it promotes the community to help each other out. I'm ok with paying something forward in that case.

Hmmm. Now thinking about the conditions...I guess that could potentially fall all apart huh? If you need to have a trade set up to accept a trade...

Alright I got a better idea!!

Pay It Forward

I'll give up one of my dupes to a regular boardie on the condition that they try to find someone that needs one of their extras. So on and so on.

Up for free... Lucy, Robin, or Jiggly Puff. In order to claim it, you have to list what you'll in turn give away for free. And lets try to be helpful and fair. If you're getting something rare, don't offer a Peach in return as that'll just kill the whole intent of this.

Not sure if I'm considered a "regular" but I pop in when relevant, so go ahead and use your discretion. This thread has helped me out immensly and I love seeing the collections/ discussions, so I'll try and pay it back to y'all (or Pay It Forward, I suppose).

I grabbed a spare Lucario a while back for trade bait, but nobody really seemed to want it, so it's up for grabs in the hopes that it helps somebody get that much closer to completing their collection.

If someone claims it then I'll happily take your spare Jigglypuff and finish up all the Pokemon (until Mewtwo).

Not sure if I'm considered a "regular" but I pop in when relevant, so go ahead and use your discretion. This thread has helped me out immensly and I love seeing the collections/ discussions, so I'll try and pay it back to y'all (or Pay It Forward, I suppose).

I grabbed a spare Lucario a while back for trade bait, but nobody really seemed to want it, so it's up for grabs in the hopes that it helps somebody get that much closer to completing their collection.

If someone claims it then I'll happily take your spare Jigglypuff and finish up all the Pokemon (until Mewtwo).

I'm wondering how much does it cost to ship 1 amiibo and what service do you guys use? If shipping doesn't cost too much i'd be interested in your Lucario and I would have Lucy or Robin up for grabs.

Jiggly's your's. PM me your info.

I'm wondering how much does it cost to ship 1 amiibo and what service do you guys use? If shipping doesn't cost too much i'd be interested in your Lucario and I would have Lucy or Robin up for grabs.

Shipping's typically about $15 through Canada Post. I'm not charging for shipping. I'm hoping everyone is willing to do the same. Hey if you're lucky enough to trade with someone local to you, all the better.

I would kill for either Lucy or Robin, but all the trade fodder I have (Charizard, Pac-Man and Gold Mario) seems to be worthless. :(

As DeathByBacklog said, I suppose the easiest way to understand what he's proposed is that we're not outright paying each other, we're just sending out free Amiibo in exchange for other free Amiibo. If you live in Montreal, awesome, if not PM me your info and I'll figure out how to get it to you (I'll get some shipping/ packaging tips from DeathByBacklog).

Jiggly's your's. PM me your info.

Shipping's typically about $15 through Canada Post. I'm not charging for shipping. I'm hoping everyone is willing to do the same. Hey if you're lucky enough to trade with someone local to you, all the better.

Awesome, thanks! This is a pretty cool idea you've started, and I hope we build it into a charity train so everyone can get what they want.

As DeathByBacklog said, I suppose the easiest way to understand what he's proposed is that we're not outright paying each other, we're just sending out free Amiibo in exchange for other free Amiibo. If you live in Montreal, awesome, if not PM me your info and I'll figure out how to get it to you (I'll get some shipping/ packaging tips from DeathByBacklog).

I'm in Quebec City. So close, yet so far. You don't plan coming around visiting Quebec in the near future right?

I don't want to charge for shipping, that's why I wanted to see how much it cost before having to do it.

I would kill for either Lucy or Robin, but all the trade fodder I have (Charizard, Pac-Man and Gold Mario) seems to be worthless. :(

On my side I wouldn't mind, but you'll probably have a harder time finding someone who wants one of those.

Ok just to clear things up a bit. Anyone jumping on this is essentially giving away an amiibo, in exchange for one they want and may end up having to take on shipping to the person you're sending your extra to. So really you're looking at an additional $15 (average) out of your pocket to get an amiibo you want.

Only person out the most would be me as I'm giving away an amiibo as well as taking on the price of shipping it out. But if something comes up that I need (Ness for example) I'll be right back in and offering another item for trade.

Maybe offer up a lot? 2 or 3 commons for a rare figure. Personally I'd probably take that up for you. Then I'd just return them to Walmart with my receipt from the ones I have.

Maybe offer up a lot? 2 or 3 commons for a rare figure. Personally I'd probably take that up for you. Then I'd just return them to Walmart with my receipt from the ones I have.
Would you take the set in exchange for the Lucina?
EB tells me I'm still getting a Ness, I would give that up for the Robin too.
PM me if interested.

Ok, things are getting scrambled here. So let's try and figure this out.

-------------------------------------
Pay It Forward

DeathByBacklog - giving Jigglypuff to OrangeAtlas
OrangeAtlas - giving Lucario

LeGourmand are you taking the Lucario or no?

Ok, things are getting scrambled here. So let's try and figure this out.

Pay It Forward

OrangeAtlas - giving Lucario

LeGourmand are you taking the Lucario or no?

Yes, i'm in. Giving Lucina or Robin.

Pay It Forward

OrangeAtlas - giving Lucario to LeGourmand
LeGourmand - giving Lucina or Robin

--------------------------------------

Darkspineslayer are you in on that? I'll scoop up your trio if you are. You just have to make sure you get them shipped out asap. Not sure what I'll do with Gold Mario but hey, at least it's not Silver. I'll keep a Robin set aside with Eyes on your Ness coming in.

Zing

Banned
Anyone with a Greninja to trade that wants gold or silver Mario? :D

Daughter decided she would enjoy all the Pokemon...

Pay It Forward

OrangeAtlas - giving Lucario to LeGourmand
LeGourmand - giving Lucina or Robin

--------------------------------------

Darkspineslayer are you in on that? I'll scoop up your trio if you are. You just have to make sure you get them shipped out asap. Not sure what I'll do with Gold Mario but hey, at least it's not Silver. I'll keep a Robin set aside with Eyes on your Ness coming in.

Yeah, I'm totally in on that. We'll be in touch about the Ness. I have to actually get it first.

stolin

I have a second Robin (order from Walmart.ca arrived) that I will even trade for a Marth. If someone is interested then PM.

espher

Yikes. I got a friend to send me a Diddy from SK to NB when they came out (when I thought they would be 'rare', only to later find like five at my local Walmart), and it was $8 w/ tracking, I think. Did prices jump or did we just get lucky with the package/parcel size? I'll probably get in on the pay it forward thing but my dupes are all pretty common atm, so... we'll see what I end up needing and what's available. :)

Ok, updated the trade chain. I'm back on again offering my Toys R Us Extra Exclusive Partially Opened Greninja.

Pay It Forward

DeathByBacklog
Jigglypuff ---> OrangeAtlas

OrangeAtlas
Lucario ---> LeGourmand

LeGourmand
Lucina ---> Darkspineslayer

Darkspineslayer
Pacman, Charizard, Gold Mario ---> DeathByBacklog

DeathByBacklog
Greninja ---> ?

Yikes. I got a friend to send me a Diddy from SK to NB when they came out (when I thought they would be 'rare', only to later find like five at my local Walmart), and it was $8 w/ tracking, I think. Did prices jump or did we just get lucky with the package/parcel size? I'll probably get in on the pay it forward thing but my dupes are all pretty common atm, so... we'll see what I end up needing and what's available. :)

Hmmm. Well the package I sent out yesterday cost just under $14 (sent regular parcel with tracking). It does totally depend on the size of the package. Did they send it carded? Or did they just send you the figure? It'd be good idea to figure out from the person that you're sending to, if they're going to open it, and if so, do they mind having it sent out of package. That'd save the person sending some costs on shipping.

espher

Hmmm. Well the package I sent out yesterday cost just under $14 (sent regular parcel with tracking). It does totally depend on the size of the package. Did they send it carded? Or did they just send you the figure? It'd be good idea to figure out from the person that you're sending to, if they're going to open it, and if so, do they mind having it sent out of package. That'd save the person sending some costs on shipping.

It was sealed, but it was a snug fit. I suppose I was going to open it anyway - I hadn't thought about getting him to crack it open, haha. Good thought!

Ok, updated the trade chain. I'm back on again offering my Toys R Us Extra Exclusive Partially Opened Greninja.

Pay It Forward

DeathByBacklog
Jigglypuff ---> OrangeAtlas

OrangeAtlas
Lucario ---> LeGourmand

LeGourmand
Lucina ---> Darkspineslayer

Darkspineslayer
Pacman, Charizard, Gold Mario ---> DeathByBacklog

DeathByBacklog
Greninja ---> ?

Darkspineslayer PM me your info address + if you keep it in the box or not.

DeathByBacklog i'll take your Greninja and i'll put Robin up for grabs.

Top Bottom