• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

tiijj

There are too many of them...

http://e3.nintendo.com/amiibo/

I like this one:

4Kgno73.png

...and the AC amiibo and the AC amiibo cards lol

I thought I already quit but I was pulled back lol

Stage On

Just when I thought I was done with Amiibo outside of gannon so that I could focus on Skylanders instead they make hybrids....

$#$$

I better be able to buy Donkey kong and Bowser with their vehicles without having to buy the starter sets.

i-Jest

There are too many of them...

http://e3.nintendo.com/amiibo/

Getting this for a damn fact.

upcoming amiibo thread

too many AC amiibos. I need to scale back to just Isabelle >_>

Here's the package for the 30th anniversary mario.

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/statu...71677426266113

There's actually two versions of this...

11401362_898630693515831_5360268175650700842_n.jpg

Also more then 4 Animal Crossing amiibo...

11427345_898631526849081_5080056243167853590_o.jpg

And yes...this is WAY out of hand.

And wow those8 Bit Marios are HUGE!

Yeah, I'm gonna scale back on these Amiibo purchases guys. Still getting Yarn Yoshi though. I broke down and decided to get Chibi Robo too (God help me).

I said fuck it and just got wave 5 from Japan, it's already shipping to me, who knows when the hell we will even be able to attempt to buy it here. Same with yarn yoshis, got all 3 Japan ones pre-d. I'm sick of the lines and crazy hours up all night hoping to get an order in before the sites die.

So Robin and Lucina arrived. Thanks guys.

But this Amiibo thing is just getting too ridiculous and honestly, a bit too abusive to me. I'm out after I get Backlog his Ness.

Wasn't pleased by the direct today at all. And the fact publishers are trying to creep game prices up another $10 in Canada is bogus too. I'm retreating into my backlog.

I feel like Nintendo's going to run Amiibos into the ground. The casual consumer won't mind: they'll get their Mario and Pikachu amiibos and call it a day. But I weep for the collector who wants to catch them all.

kinger

GunFalcon

Amazon UK has actually given me a delivery date for my Lucina and Robin! Wow didn't think they would actually pull through.

Looks like I'll have extras to trade for a Rosalina or lucario (Vancouver BC)

i-Jest

I said fuck it and just got wave 5 from Japan, it's already shipping to me, who knows when the hell we will even be able to attempt to buy it here. Same with yarn yoshis, got all 3 Japan ones pre-d. I'm sick of the lines and crazy hours up all night hoping to get an order in before the sites die.

You don't enjoy those sleepless nights? The challenge? The forged will to collect? lolololol Okay, I didn't have to go there. I don't blame you. If I had the money to import I would.

You don't enjoy those sleepless nights? The challenge? The forged will to collect? lolololol Okay, I didn't have to go there. I don't blame you. If I had the money to import I would.

After eb games saying no more pre-orders I started to panic lol, on the bright side if I manage to grab a few local ones I can put them up here for you guys =)

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
20% off too boot

Don't think it will stay long since it could be considered a special edition-ish.

ohlawd

got the AC amiibo bundle and Happy Home Designer at BB.

lemme just say eff all y'all for forcing my hand and eff me for having no restraint.

slayer_x57

Neo Member
I said fuck it and just got wave 5 from Japan, it's already shipping to me, who knows when the hell we will even be able to attempt to buy it here.

This is exactly what I did as well. I got a 4-pack on eBay (with Palutena, Dark Pit, Zero-suit Samus, and Ganondorf in it) so I'm good until... September was it? Anyways, I think I may break my "Smash Amiibo only" rule and get one of the 30th anniversary Mario. Only because I plan on getting the level builder game though.

Am I the only one that finds it extremely disturbing that Nintendo is forcing games down the throats of those who just want the amiibos? It's complete crap really.

tiijj

Am I the only one that finds it extremely disturbing that Nintendo is forcing games down the throats of those who just want the amiibos? It's complete crap really.

I agree, the least that they could do was provide a better AC game and it wouldn't be as bad or make the game free if they are going to provide a game like the one that they showed.

I find it more disturbing that a company that usually build games around solid game mechanics is now building a game around gimmicky amiibo features instead of it only being a "bonus" feature.

I find it more disturbing that a company that usually build games around solid game mechanics is now building a game around gimmicky amiibo features instead of it only being a "bonus" feature.

Agreed. And I was having this discussion with my son the other day. Where this started as "hey, there's these figures that you can use to play on multiple games" has now turned into "you can't get the complete experience of ANY of our games, unless you have the toys to do so". That's F'd up. And it's worse then Skylanders and Disney Infinity. This isn't one game a year. This is MULTIPLE games spread out throughout the entire flippin' year.

zroid

Banned
I agree, the least that they could do was provide a better AC game and it wouldn't be as bad or make the game free if they are going to provide a game like the one that they showed.

Yea I was just thinking it would be better if games that required amiibo were cheap, if not free (or f2p). People are already spending a lot on the amiibo so I don't think that's unreasonable.

Anth0ny

Happy I don't care about Animal Crossing that much. Though I'm legit shocked they didn't announce Star Fox amiibo. Probably going to be announced at a later date, honestly. If Splatoon got amiibo...

I think I'm in for the classic, 8-bit Mario. I don't need a weird, MS Paint recolor.

Top Bottom