• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

This is exactly what I did as well. I got a 4-pack on eBay (with Palutena, Dark Pit, Zero-suit Samus, and Ganondorf in it) so I'm good until... September was it? Anyways, I think I may break my "Smash Amiibo only" rule and get one of the 30th anniversary Mario. Only because I plan on getting the level builder game though.

Checked the prices and they don't seem absurd (about $30-35 per Amiibo, shipping included, which is about the going rate of imports). For people who open their Amiibos it saves the hassle of refreshing websites for a 5-minute pre-order window.

They're up on Amazon.fr by the way. Works out to about $24 shipped each.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I refuse to believe Chibi Robo is going to be $55, amiibo packed in or not.

Amazon going high-end prices just in case, and will most likely rectify their prices once Nintendo announces retail pricing.

Brofield

So, since I'm skipping the July wave, I can look forward to September with:

Duck Hunt Dog
Ganondorf
Olimar
Bowser Jr.
Dr. Mario

Plus all three Yarn Yoshis in the fall...and did they say Mewtwo will be releasing alongside Falco, whenever that is?

tiijj

I refuse to believe Chibi Robo is going to be $55, amiibo packed in or not.

Chibi Robo in gamestop us is $32 (according to amiibo reddit that it's game only). It is possible that this one is the bundle.

The mario party 10 with mario amiibo is $70 and without an amiibo is $60 so this might actually be the bundle.

ohlawd

what the hell?

Was this known of?

0dKTu10.png

The game is apparently free - much like Animal Crossing Plaza. You'll just pay for the Amiibo required to play.

zroid

Banned
what the hell?

Yea I was just thinking it would be better if games that required amiibo were cheap, if not free (or f2p). People are already spending a lot on the amiibo so I don't think that's unreasonable.

You're welcome.

o_O wtf so um what's the $80 thing we are all buying?!

Well if what this guy learned is accurate and not some misunderstanding, then... the actual cost of that bundle will probably be like $30-40 or something. Best Buy just jumped the gun.

MarkusRJR

Shit should I cancel my Best Buy pre-order and go with Amazon then (even if it's not clear what's coming with it)?

If I keep both is it easy to cancel once things get clearer?

tiijj

Shit should I cancel my Best Buy pre-order and go with Amazon then (even if it's not clear what's coming with it)?

If I keep both is it easy to cancel once things get clearer?

For which game? They are easy cancel unless you have those 20-30% off which might affect your other orders.

MarkusRJR

For which game? They are easy cancel unless you have those 20-30% off which might affect your other orders.
I have an order at BB for AC: AF amiibo bundle (priced at $80 on BB) and AC: HHD. I used the 20% off thanks to a gaffer, this is a Captain Toad situation where they lock you in at a super high price even with a discount I'd be super pissed.

Are BB pre-orders easy to cancel down the line (say in like a month when the proper MSRP is announced)?

tiijj

I have an order at BB for AC: AF amiibo bundle (priced at $80 on BB) and AC: HHD. I used the 20% off thanks to a gaffer, this is a Captain Toad situation where they lock you in at a super high price even with a discount I'd be super pissed.

Are BB pre-orders easy to cancel down the line (say in like a month when the proper MSRP is announced)?

For BB you can cancel the entire order on their website order status, there's a button for cancelling order. If one shipped and the other one hasn't I think you need to give them a call since the cancel button will disappear.

Amazon is better at price drop, they give you the lowest price. Amazon also has the 2 for 20% and 3 for 30% off. You can cancel through their site as well.

BB's order system is archaic. If even one item in your order ships you won't be able to cancel the rest online: you'll have to call.

I had a $5 promo code so I used it on an HDMI cable, bundling it with vapourware for free shipping. The order sat idle for a couple weeks until the cable went out of stock and disappeared entirely from the site. I get an email later saying the cable couldn't be shipped and that my promo code had been transferred to the vapourware. I can't cancel the vapourware online.

Zing

Banned
Agreed. And I was having this discussion with my son the other day. Where this started as "hey, there's these figures that you can use to play on multiple games" has now turned into "you can't get the complete experience of ANY of our games, unless you have the toys to do so". That's F'd up. And it's worse then Skylanders and Disney Infinity. This isn't one game a year. This is MULTIPLE games spread out throughout the entire flippin' year.

Holy hyperbole, Batman! ANY of the games? Not a single one? Yep, the age of Nintendo is done.

kinger

Zing

Banned
So which recently announced or released game from Nintendo doesn't have content that requires an amiibo to access?
I have yet to see any content added by Amiibo that would be considered required to make the game complete.

"Oh no. I don't have Kirby, so I can't instantly trigger a special power once a day. The game is ruined."

"I need Link so I can unlock some completely superfluous and practically useless weapon in Hyrule Warriors. Guess I need to request a refund for this incomplete game."

"Whelp, I can't find the Splatoon Amiibo anywhere which would allow me to play through rehashed single player maps and unlock gear that is instantly obsolete. Guess I have to pass on this game."

Every Nintendo game would be considered "complete" and a full, satisfying experience even if the Amiibo content never existed.

ahdurian

Any of you Amiibros happen to need a Greninja?

I have an extra JPN one that I forgot I had ordered, so I need to get rid of it
Know a lot of people here tend to keep theirs BNIB but worth a shot

Zing

Banned
Any of you Amiibros happen to need a Greninja?

I have an extra JPN one that I forgot I had ordered, so I need to get rid of it
Know a lot of people here tend to keep theirs BNIB but worth a shot
I'd like it. I open mine, so JPN is no problem for me. Anything you need?

Top Bottom