• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

You can leave packaging feedback and send an email to CS. Otherwise I'd suggest ordering multiples so they don't skimp on the packaging and you have a backup.

It was actually packed pretty well so I assume the dent/crease was already there. I got a partial refund so I'm not terribly upset haha. It was my first damaged Amiibo so their track record isn't that bad.

zroid

Banned
I might need to figure out how to order from Amazon on my phone because there's a good chance I'll be out most of the day on Friday. poop

zroid

Banned
also amazon was supposed to send us emails on the 22nd about the details of pre-ordering Palutena... and that hasn't happened yet

(mat)

Thanks for the heads up, I got a shulk. I had to drive 30 minutes to get it but it's worth it to have.

Nice! Glad I could help!

Nice! That is probably dumb EB employee being dumb, misinterpreting the rules given to them.

Here's what happened:

My girlfriend walked in, saw Charizard and Shulk, tried to buy both. There were 6 Shulks left, and this was the last Charizard. The lady at the counter tells her she can't and that it's 1 per customer. My girlfriend explains that they're two different Amiibos. The employee repeats 1 per customer.

Now, my girlfriend hates confrontation, so she buys the Charizard and calls me. She tells me her cousin is coming, and that she's going to send her in to buy Shulk. I tell her I'm near by, and that I'll do it, but her cousin has shown up at that point. My girlfriend's cousin buys Shulk, and I walk in right after, grabbing another Shulk completely out of spite at this point. (My buddy has been collecting Amiibos, too, and I'm sure he'd love a Shulk.)

The cashier scans the Shulk, and I take out my debit card, and she has the audacity to ask, "Are you with them?" pointing to my girlfriend and her cousin. I go, "Yup." and she mumbles, "Oh... OK, it's just that it's one per customer..." and I go, "Uh huh... That's one customer. That's another customer. And I'm one customer. I don't see the problem." and she says, "Nevermind. Forget I said anything. Nevermind. People have been getting mad at me all day."

I'm still a little peeved, and go, "I don't understand that process at all." She says, "Well, I just want to make sure nobody is buying them and selling them online." I'm like, "I understand that, and I appreciate the effort, but you're going about it entirely the wrong way. You see that shelf over there? See how there's still 4 Shulks? If I had any plans to sell these, why wouldn't I buy all of them? You don't think for a second that I may want one of each of these rare Amiibos because they're hard to find?" and she's like, "Well, OK, but three of you came in and now you're buying two of those." and I went, "Yeah! We all play Smash Bros. together, and each want one! How can you possibly prevent somebody from buying something under the POSSIBLE assumption that everyone's going to sell them online? You're making the problem worse. I too hate all these scalper assholes buying all of them and selling them, but you're also ruining it for the people who actually want these things."

We finished the transaction, and she handed me my receipt saying, "Ok... Thank you for understanding."

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND! YOU'RE A PART OF THE PROBLEM!

Gah... Anyway... Just had to rant.

Long story short, who wants to buy a Shulk Amiibo?

Just kidding. <3

espher

You can leave packaging feedback and send an email to CS. Otherwise I'd suggest ordering multiples so they don't skimp on the packaging and you have a backup.

fwiw, I've done this after every amiibo order from them dating back to Wave 1. It hasn't done shit. I had two shipments in my last wave and only two of the packages (3-pack + Silver Mario) arrived in good/great shape -- fortunately I was able to replace the others I had gotten through them locally.

I am dreading this wave. I'll need to make some sock puppet accounts and place a couple of orders and resell extras to local collectors -- assuming I can even secure one for myself, argh.

Edit: Is Dark Pit a Jul 31 in-store BB release here in Canada or was I misinformed?
Edit 2: Nevermind, decided to actually read back a page. Derp.
Edit 3: Wait, is it /only/ online here, or in-store + very limited online? Now I'm lost.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Palutena (and Zard) order from the 17th just shipped from Amazon. Expected delivery tomorrow in Toronto. Praise the Goddess.

Forgot about a Rosalina import I made sometime last year. Just received her.
So I guess I'm saying if anyone wants a EU Rosalina for some reason, PM me and let's talk.

Kade

Ended up getting Palutena and Dark Pit Imports from Amazon.com for ~$19/each with free shipping, which I'm happy about. The NA ones seem like they'll be difficult to secure with my schedule.

i-Jest

Ended up getting Palutena and Dark Pit Imports from Amazon.com for ~$19/each with free shipping, which I'm happy about. The NA ones seem like they'll be difficult to secure with my schedule.

Free shipping? NICE! So all you'll have to do is pay UPS brokerage fees?

ohlawd

need ideas to bump my Palutena order to free shipping

this is assuming the item I have right now sells out before 2 PM PST Friday

Man, it's a great thing I have no intention of going after the Kid Icarus set, or I would be mighty pissed off that Amazon is putting her up in the middle of a work day.

i-Jest

My Palutena shipped in case anyone got an order in and was wondering if they would fulfill

Mines too. BASED Amazon for honoring these orders.

Goodluck to all Canuck Amiibo GAF who plan to order a Palutena today. I don't think it'll be difficult since Amazon supposedly has a lot of stock and will limit orders to one per account.

Today is the day, guys...

giphy.gif

zroid

Banned
You could have just ordered an unreleased filler item and then cancel it when palutena ship... :-/

I did consider that. But I didn't want to run into any problems later since the chances of being able to re-order Palutena were slim to none. Hopefully this is the last Amazon exclusive...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
She has arrived. Just to report the usual from Amazon, the top corner of the Zard box is bent and ripped. Palu's box is in prime condition though. Not I'll be keeping these in boxes for more than the time it takes to post this photo. :p

MarkusRJR

YEAH! Ninja'd my way through the checkout process and got one! :)

EDIT: Wait, what? It's saying unavailable on the product page again? Should I cancel and try again, or is my order safe?

stolin

I just ordered through fine.

I just tried doing a second order, and on checkout it will deny your purchase saying limit one unit. Good luck!

Top Bottom