• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Lothars

My girlfriend just found Shulk and Charizard at Southgate EB Games in Edmonton. Woo!

Edit: Apparently there's plenty Shulks. Also, she tried to buy both Shulk and Charizard, and they gave her some shit about how it's 1 per customer. What the fuck? She's not buying all the Shulks, and all the Charizards. They're different products. That's the dumbest shit.
Thanks for the heads up, I got a shulk. I had to drive 30 minutes to get it but it's worth it to have.

Maximus.

My girlfriend just found Shulk and Charizard at Southgate EB Games in Edmonton. Woo!

Edit: Apparently there's plenty Shulks. Also, she tried to buy both Shulk and Charizard, and they gave her some shit about how it's 1 per customer. What the fuck? She's not buying all the Shulks, and all the Charizards. They're different products. That's the dumbest shit.

Nice! That is probably dumb EB employee being dumb, misinterpreting the rules given to them.

Don't know how applicable this is to other EB Games stores, but I got a Shulk today that was a preorder whose holdover period expired. I was calling stores in my city yesterday to see if anyone had a Shulk, and one store's employee told me that while they did not have any stock for walk-in customers, they did have a few units that were put on preorder months ago. Apparently, they tried to contact a customer who placed one of these orders multiple times with no effort, and so they left a message saying that they would hold on to the Shulk for a period of 12 hours. I was told that if it wasn't picked up, I could come by this morning to buy it. Sure enough, I did just that today (if you're the guy who sold me it, thank you again! <3).

So I guess that that is one more option you can try if nothing else works.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
It shows up as I ordered it in my account. I set up 1 click check out and just kept F5ing till the option was available

Rexaur

Almost spent and hour doing this and an order finally went through just now.

Seems like it's being consistent in regards to orders being placed now as well without having Palutena removed from your cart.

I was so close to just giving up as I'd wasted so much time.

I got an order for myself after 30 minutes of trying. And then right afterwards while screwing around clicking back and forward I ended up with a second order. What do I do with the second order? I'll keep it and see what happens. They might cancel it.

Got an order through too, but depending on how much stock they have I feel like they'll be canceled. As happy as I am to have one, it's pretty unfair to everyone else who didn't know they had to be up at midnight a week early constantly refreshing the page.

But I guess that's what ordering Amiibo has come to.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I put my order in for Palu and paired it with a Charizard, being one of the Amiibo I didn't bother picking up before. That $36 price tag for two Amiibo is so tough for me to swallow. This is my first Amiibo purchase since the Splatoon set.

ohlawd

for fuck's sake

if my dumbshit coworker took their shift instead of me taking over I would have had an order in. I was at work the entire fucking day, fuck!@!!@@!

pls flicker again tomorrow morning ;_;

Sealtest

it literally still says that on the amazon.ca product page :|

I do apologize then, I had no idea it was on the product page was just guessing since amazon canada is terrible with social media and learning this stuff is through spotty emails and csm chats.

zroid

Banned
I do apologize then, I had no idea it was on the product page was just guessing since amazon canada is terrible with social media and learning this stuff is through spotty emails and csm chats.

ha no need to apologize

The :| was for Amazon, not you ;P

Ondore

So a Halifax EB got enough Shulk that they were on the shelf, and multiple employees said he was going to be common going forward.

I got one last night and there were about 8 or so left. Young and Robie.

Clov

I missed Palutena? I shouldn't have assumed that Amazon.ca would follow the whole July 24th thing. I'll have to keep an eye out in case it goes back up.

Been looking into shelving setups for my (unboxed) Amiibos.

This looks pretty neat:

http://www.roominorder.com/products/clear-shelf-organizer

Also went to Michael's the other day to look at display cases. The baseball bat one looks to be the best ($80, but 50% sales are pretty frequent). The football helmet one isn't bad as well. The shotglass case is too small for most Amiibos; better to get the one for baseballs.

http://canada.michaels.com/on/deman...earch-Show?cgid=products-framing-displaycases

If you're on a budget, the Daiso/dollar store cases are about $5 each (holds 3 Amiibos or so).

I thought I was missing something so I kept silent, but I'm not sure why everyone assumed it was a BB exclusive here? Best Buy never actually said that in heir tweet.

Probably because

(Lack of Nintendo and retailer clarity + Previous retailer exclusives)/(The rate these fucking amiibo disappear at) = Crazy assumptions

kinger

I thought I was missing something so I kept silent, but I'm not sure why everyone assumed it was a BB exclusive here? Best Buy never actually said that in heir tweet.

I think people mostly assumed it would be like Meta Knight where he was a BB exclusive in NA, since Dark Pit is their exclusive in the US?

Any word on when wave 6 preorders go up for duck hunt and ROB?

Are you referring to import preorders?

CRA5H

Are all wave 5 amiibos released in Japan already? My friend is going to Japan in a week and I may ask him to pick up a ZSS and Ganon for me.

I think people mostly assumed it would be like Meta Knight where he was a BB exclusive in NA, since Dark Pit is their exclusive in the US?

Are you referring to import preorders?

Sorry for my weirdness! Ha. I'm new to this amiibo thing. :). I was thinking domestic preorders but i see from this thread many are importing too.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Had an interesting chat with one of the video game clerks at Toys R Us in Toronto. She basically has about a dozen 'regular' Amiibo people who come by multiple times per week, sometimes daily and will often get phone calls none stop during the day.. especially if there's been buzz of a shipment coming in. Lots of horrendous people from the sounds of it, but that's retail. She talked about keeping the 'rares' behind the counter to prevent people from grabbing them all on the shelf when they do come in. And she mentioned how she keeps track of Reddit so she can know what to expect in next.. haha. The entire situation is sort of messed up.

Pretty interesting to me, as someone who rarely goes looking for Amiibo at retail, was Pac-Man, Sonic and Toad everywhere, in large numbers. Judging by the stock sometimes online I thought I might only ever be able to find Mario-series stuff in stores.

kinger

Sorry for my weirdness! Ha. I'm new to this amiibo thing. :). I was thinking domestic preorders but i see from this thread many are importing too.

Not weird at all! Haha I just wanted to clarify. Most of the local carriers have actually stopped doing preorders, so for the next wave at least you either have to check in store or online on release day, or pre-order imports.

Welcome to the mess that is amiibos, by the way :)

Had an interesting chat with one of the video game clerks at Toys R Us in Toronto. She basically has about a dozen 'regular' Amiibo people who come by multiple times per week, sometimes daily and will often get phone calls none stop during the day.. especially if there's been buzz of a shipment coming in. Lots of horrendous people from the sounds of it, but that's retail. She talked about keeping the 'rares' behind the counter to prevent people from grabbing them all on the shelf when they do come in. And she mentioned how she keeps track of Reddit so she can know what to expect in next.. haha. The entire situation is sort of messed up.

Pretty interesting to me, as someone who rarely goes looking for Amiibo at retail, was Pac-Man, Sonic and Toad everywhere, in large numbers. Judging by the stock sometimes online I thought I might only ever be able to find Mario-series stuff in stores.

On the one hand, that's smart for deterring scalpers, but on the other it might also make collectors/users miss it too if they didn't leave any on the shelf? If only every store maintained the 1 per person policy....

Some of the common Smash ones are usually around, though those three have only recently been everywhere again because of the recent restocks.

explodet

UPS looooooves to step on my parcels. Both from Amazon and EBGames.

xyz_zpsbpz42klb.jpg

It's why my Splatoon amiibos came in mangled packaging.

And this Trading Chain has officially come to an end as I received Ness today from Darkspineslayer.

Pay It Forward Trading Chain

History of Trades

DeathByBacklog
Jigglypuff ---> OrangeAtlas (delivered!)

OrangeAtlas
Lucario ---> LeGourmand (delivered)

LeGourmand
Lucina ---> Darkspineslayer (delivered)

Darkspineslayer
Pacman, Charizard, Gold Mario ---> DeathByBacklog (delivered)

DeathByBacklog
Greninja ---> LeGourmand (delivered)

LeGourmand
Robin ---> Darkspineslayer (delivered)

Darkspineslayer
Ness ---> DeathByBacklog (delivered)

END

Not weird at all! Haha I just wanted to clarify. Most of the local carriers have actually stopped doing preorders, so for the next wave at least you either have to check in store or online on release day, or pre-order imports.

Welcome to the mess that is amiibos, by the way :)

On the one hand, that's smart for deterring scalpers, but on the other it might also make collectors/users miss it too if they didn't leave any on the shelf? If only every store maintained the 1 per person policy....

Some of the common Smash ones are usually around, though those three have only recently been everywhere again because of the recent restocks.

thank you for the explanation!! :) lol this is going to be interesting...

i-Jest

Rosalina came damaged from Amazon (dented/creased box). Good thing I open mine.

Just need Samus to complete my collection.

FUCK Amazon

Palutena could have been exclusive to Loblaws and it'd be better than Amazon. asdftghhggg

How can we adress these concerns to Amazon so they actually take them seriously? I thought they would have realized their folly with the last wave. A lot of customers were pissed.

Top Bottom