• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

My Amazon.ca Rosalina order keeps getting pushed back. Hope it doesn't get cancelled.

If worse comes to worse I could always trade for it since they're getting more plentiful.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Neo4Lj7.png

Got ZSS and Ganondorf yesterday from Amazon.fr (shipped from UK though).

Now I just need Amazon.ca to not cancel Rosalina (shipping in 2 weeks) and a Samus restock and I'll be done.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If I happen to be around when it goes up, that'll be okay. If I'm not, I won't give two shits. I'm not prepare to pay the extra cost for imports and I'm not going to go out of my way to make sure I'm ready to order for the three minutes something is up. And I'm definitely not heading out to stores hunting these down. It's a funny situation where I would gladly fork over my $16 for many of these, but the entire process makes it so unappealing that I guess they don't want my money that badly.

Good Smile should really reprint the Kid Icarus Figmas. I'd be all over them for MSRP.

If I happen to be around when it goes up, that'll be okay. If I'm not, I won't give two shits. I'm not prepare to pay the extra cost for imports and I'm not going to go out of my way to make sure I'm ready to order for the three minutes something is up. And I'm definitely not heading out to stores hunting these down. It's a funny situation where I would gladly fork over my $16 for many of these, but the entire process makes it so unappealing that I guess they don't want my money that badly.

Good Smile should really reprint the Kid Icarus Figmas. I'd be all over them for MSRP.

Do we know what Amazon's stance is on preorders?

NoA does seem to be upping production, as seen by all the restocks lately. Yes they're still selling out, but between that and the imports, it's becoming less lucrative for scalpers.

Exclusivity is a good way to funnel limited stock. A handful of Amiibos distributed among 5 retailers is worse than an appreciable amount allocated to 1.

MarkusRJR

Getting all of the Kid Icarus characters is going to be a nightmare. Hate exclusive characters, I've only ever gotten Shulk and Ness because I put in tons of effort (got up early and made in-store pre-orders first day each were up), but now that there's no pre-orders there's no way I can get them in-store. That leaves me with the horrible online situation now. :(

if they try to pull this no pre order bullshit with mewtwo

then...

then i'll...

not buy mewtwo

Listen to yourself, man. Are you really risking that kind of a life? Are you willing to not have a Mewtwo amiibo in your life?

I was able to acquire Shulk today from the restock at Ebgames. With him acquired, my current collection is complete...for now

I didn't even realize that there was a restock ( ._.)

mugwhump

Yay. EB messed up my shulk preorder back in february or whenever, but I was first on the preorder list. Got a call this morning that there's a shulk waiting for me to pick up :D

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I was able to acquire Shulk today from the restock at Ebgames. With him acquired, my current collection is complete...for now

THANKS! I managed to snag one on my way home right before they closed. With Little Mac last week, I now have all the rares I wanted!

zroid

Banned
so when Palutena comes out what's the best way to get free shipping on it?

Can I bundle it with a game pre-order or something, and then Palutena will ship individually first?

Otherwise maybe I'll start looking for $10 worth of filler to buy. perhaps some coffee...

lionpants

so when Palutena comes out what's the best way to get free shipping on it?

Can I bundle it with a game pre-order or something, and then Palutena will ship individually first?

Otherwise maybe I'll start looking for $10 worth of filler to buy. perhaps some coffee...
Any game preorders can easily be cancelled after the amiibo ships. Make sure you you choose to ship them separate though. I may just eat the shipping cost so that checkout is as fast as possible.

(mat)

My girlfriend just found Shulk and Charizard at Southgate EB Games in Edmonton. Woo!

Edit: Apparently there's plenty Shulks. Also, she tried to buy both Shulk and Charizard, and they gave her some shit about how it's 1 per customer. What the fuck? She's not buying all the Shulks, and all the Charizards. They're different products. That's the dumbest shit.

MrFixIt

My girlfriend just found Shulk and Charizard at Southgate EB Games in Edmonton. Woo!

Edit: Apparently there's plenty Shulks. Also, she tried to buy both Shulk and Charizard, and they gave her some shit about how it's 1 per customer. What the fuck? She's not buying all the Shulks, and all the Charizards. They're different products. That's the dumbest shit.

Sounds like that employee misunderstood the instructions. How is it not obvious that the 1 per customer is 1 of each per customer.

Damn! Calling the EB games in my city, and they're all sold out of Shulk! Lucky :]

Sora_N

Considering calling in sick to line up at bb lol

EDIT:

Uh...I ordered the Amiibos from WM on Jul 8th.

I see a charge on my bank account (paid visa debit) on Jul 8th.
I now see a credit on the bank account today for that same amount, wtf?

mdubs

Banned
Managed to finally get my preorder Ness yesterday! Pretty much gave up hope on getting him but what do you know!

Also, if there has to be a retailer exclusive I'm down for Palutena being with Amazon

MarkusRJR

Considering calling in sick to line up at bb lol

EDIT:

Uh...I ordered the Amiibos from WM on Jul 8th.

I see a charge on my bank account (paid visa debit) on Jul 8th.
I now see a credit on the bank account today for that same amount, wtf?
Yeah I'm seeing the same thing on my account. They'll probably withdraw the money in a day or two (something similar happened to me before).

Top Bottom