• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Maximus.

Got Lucario at a Walmart (happy I didn't cave and buy him 3rd party) and they had Captain Falcon, Marth, Ike and Villager in small quantities. Pretty crazy.

ahdurian

god bless ordering from different countries
don't have to worry about lining-up or preordering, even if it costs me a little more
11026795_10153518574201870_6510486652286709323_o_zpstiaj89qc.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
god bless ordering from different countries
don't have to worry about lining-up or preordering, even if it costs me a little more
11026795_10153518574201870_6510486652286709323_o_zpstiaj89qc.jpg

Lovely.. but how much is a little? :p

I'm sticking to my stance that I won't go out of my way to preorder in-store, stay up late to find them online, or import and pay more than MSRP for them. If I start paying $25+ for an Amiibo, I'm nearing the range where I could be importing far better quality figures. If only the CAD wasn't such shit right now.

ahdurian

Lovely.. but how much is a little? :p

I'm sticking to my stance that I won't go out of my way to preorder in-store, stay up late to find them online, or import and pay more than MSRP for them. If I start paying $25+ for an Amiibo, I'm nearing the range where I could be importing far better quality figures. If only the CAD wasn't such shit right now.

Smash Amiibos were 17USD, while the Yarn Yoshi was 25USD
Shipping I don't really mind since I'd rather pay the price than to wait in line for however long to get it

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So I've come into possession of another Splatoon 3 pack (thanks Froyo) and want to either sell, or preferably trade it. Box is a bit banged up on the corners via shipping (thanks Purolator), so probably best if you're looking to open it.

I'm still on the market for a Jigglypuff and a few other figures. Dark Pit, Lucina, Samus, Greninja, Donkey Kong. Still wouldn't mind a few commons I don't have either like Pac-Man, or either Bowser. I don't care about package condition so long as the figure is fine. I might just hang on to it as well, and see if it can be swapped for some of the September figures too.

I'm located in Toronto, so a meet and swap would be cool. Anyway, if someone is interested please PM me an offer.

ahdurian

So I've come into possession of another Splatoon 3 pack (thanks Froyo) and want to either sell, or preferably trade it. Box is a bit banged up on the corners via shipping (thanks Purolator), so probably best if you're looking to open it.

I'm still on the market for a Jigglypuff and a few other figures. Dark Pit, Lucina, Samus, Greninja, Donkey Kong. Still wouldn't mind a few commons I don't have either like Pac-Man, or either Bowser. I don't care about package condition so long as the figure is fine. I might just hang on to it as well, and see if it can be swapped for some of the September figures too.

I'm located in Toronto, so a meet and swap would be cool. Anyway, if someone is interested please PM me an offer.

bruh, do you want a JPN Greninja? I have one I got a while ago, but didn't end up needing since my friend got me one

(mat)

EDMONTON GAFFERS:

South Edmonton Common Walmart has Villager, Captain Falcon, and Marth in stock!

I'd go, but I'm stuck at work. Good luck!

Skikkiks

Check your Walmarts friends. Mine had a fair amount of Marth, Villager, Falcon, Ike and Lucario (around 3-5 each).

Got all of them minus Lucario.

The Dream.

Sora_N

I got Palutena for free since I complained to amazon that they bent the card even though the packaging for the shipping box was perfect.

The csr told me to send it back at first but I said these are rare and I don't want to risk not having it. So she told me to just keep it and she will refund.

Based Amazon.

Brofield

I was able to pre-order the Retro 3-pack after all.

There was news about Dr. Mario being exclusive to Target in the US, but since the company is no longer around, will he be spread more thinly across the other retailers in Canada?

I'm just going to let this image speak for itself...

bphEzG6.jpg

Honestly Toys R Us exclusives are by far the easiest and most abundant to get. Plus they seem to be popping up at other retailers now (Lucario).

Regardless, I feel very fortunate that I have Fridays off this semester. Should make collecting easier than ever.

Bowser Jr is VERY well done, his varied paint colours are awesome, the main shell is even pearlescent, I knew we'd get screwed over with some retailer exclusive bs so I imported him from japan.

ahdurian

Tempted to preorder Falco and the Mii Fighters off of nin-nin-games...
then I remembered the terrible service I got from them last time.

Wonder when they'll be up on other sites like AmiAmi or SuperUFO =/

zroid

Banned
I am prepared to throw all the money at Mega Yarn Yoshi

Even if it's $50. I just need it.

only regret is it looks like it'll only come in the green variety and I would've preferred blue.

Ryne

Finally got the itch myself, and it will only be for the Yarn Yoshis. After getting those I'm pulling back. I don't have the time to chase these things anyway.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Has it been confirmed if Duck Hunt dog will never, ever be sold individually? :/

Kind of annoying that the Yarn Yoshi and Animal Crossing HHD bundles have yet to go up anywhere, especially so soon to release.

The Green Yoshi amiibo only comes with the bundle, and the NFC reader is $10 cheaper with its bundle. I also highly doubt Amazon will let me move my savings over to the bundles.

Oh, and this press release mentions only the Chibi-Robo bundle for Canada. Weird.

Top Bottom