• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

joedick

Hmmm...I might try to get in a pre-order. When do people usually show up for the line? I'm willing to go early but I'm not camping out.

Just throwing this out there.

I don't have an EB games anywhere near me. If anyone is able to get another pre-order in, I have trade fodder to off in return. Or will just simply buy it at cost + shipping.

Got info from my ebgames store that will receive an allocation of 40 of the amiibo 3-pack. Within the Lower Mainland, the Oakridge and Metrotown locations will receive the most, with each receiving 110 each.

That is a lot. Seems more like a Palutena situation than a Dark Pit one.

I guess the distribution does make a difference depending on whether it's exclusive or not.

Just a heads-up that Walmart.ca will be restocking Dark Pit, Rosalina, and DDD in half an hour

EDIT: They old amiibos are up!
EDITEDIT: DDD... he dead! Rosie is also gone.

Got a Dark Pit and had it shipped to a Canada Post near me. Super happy to finally get one!

DDD seems to be gone, but Dark Pit and Rosalina are still in stock.

Ondore

Got a Best Princess. Tried to ship to post office and save the $6 but the damn site wouldn't let me and they couldn't change it over the phone. #mrgrgr

Ok so...

I need of the Retro 3 Pack. Have the following to trade...

Megaman
Wario
Lucina
Sonic
Diddy
Jiggly
Robin
Gold Mario
Ness
Palutena
Dark Pit

2nd Print
WFT
Marth
Captain Falcon
Rosie
Fox
Pit
Little Mac

Got no way of getting this since eb went the in store route. So would appreciate it if someone could help me (well...my son) out.

kinger

Got info from my ebgames store that will receive an allocation of 40 of the amiibo 3-pack. Within the Lower Mainland, the Oakridge and Metrotown locations will receive the most, with each receiving 110 each.
For those in GVR I went to oakridge and they said they'll have a lot of preorders. They'd better.

They open at 9:30.

Thanks for the info! This is reassuring, hopefully it'll mean it's going to be relatively painless. Now just to make up my mind about what time to go...

Daigr

This retro 3 pack preorder is today in Canada too?

Lol wife is in the states today with the car.
Told her to line up at GameStop when I thought it was coming out not for preordering.

Hopefully they will have preorders left this afternoon when the brother in law is coming by to taxi.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Why am I in line. What am I doing.
I figured I was up anyway and it was a lot less stressful than trying to preorder other Amiibo online and cheaper than importing. The guy in front of me at Woodside in Scarborough was great and we talked the whole time from when I got there at just after 8 until we got our orders in. At one point he sent his friend a text asking him where he was and his friend responded with "Why? What's going on?", I told him to lie and tell him EB was doing preorders for all of Wave 6. :lol

Hmmm. Do you guys think I could trade an opened Splatoon 3-pack for a retro 3-pack? Like would that be a fair trade?

I don't follow amiibo much but I bought the Splatoon 3-pack with Splatoon and I can't say I've gotten much use out of them. Retro 3-pack looks pretty cool though.

Sora_N

Hmmm. Do you guys think I could trade an opened Splatoon 3-pack for a retro 3-pack? Like would that be a fair trade?

I don't follow amiibo much but I bought the Splatoon 3-pack with Splatoon and I can't say I've gotten much use out of them. Retro 3-pack looks pretty cool though.

Doubt it but you can preorder a 3 pack first and try to trade after.

N° 2048

It is so hard to tell a 11 year old that I can't get them because the whole way this crap works is ridiculous.

Get in line, seriously? Why can't I order online?

Sora_N

I work, man. I can't be going around town for 12 dollar toys. I just want to order online...

Sorry just venting...

No, I get you. I can't catch any releases online or in store because I work on weekdays. That's frustrating for me too.

This was a godsend for me for them to do a weekend preorder window.

kinger

I work, man. I can't be going around town for 12 dollar toys. I just want to order online...

Sorry just venting...

On the upside, hype seems to have died down a bit, so there wasn't as much people in line. Depending on allotment in your area, you might be able to pre-order later. Looks like most stores are still taking preorders.

Also, I wonder if TRU guaranteeing a classic 8-bit Mario means it'll be sparse or abundant, hmmm.

ohlawd

people are done with amiibos, thank fuck

got to my store 30 minutes before opening. two people in line, third is on the couch eating which makes me the fourth person to get there. I decided to sit down the entire time. 30 minutes pass and I get in line when everyone else is going in. I ended up being 10th.

Sora_N

I got amazon to split my Palutena from my filler game preorder, cuz I'm kind of tired of waiting. I wish it would have been done automatically, but the shipping's still free.

Top Bottom