• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Maximus.

I know The Villager has made more appearances recently, but it is currently in stock on amazon.ca for those that may still be looking.

trebbble

I know The Villager has made more appearances recently, but it is currently in stock on amazon.ca for those that may still be looking.

Thanks! The Villager is one of my favourite characters to play, so it's nice to actually get the Amiibo version.

Also, Marth is back up on Amazon.ca aswell.

EDIT: Went through the whole list. Lucario is also available from Amazon aswell.

kinger

So is there any way for me to get a Bowser Jr without going to Toys R Us at opening? Because there is literally no way I can do that and he's the one I want the most :(

Hopefully his stock is similar (if not better) than Greninja's, in which case it would be possible to still get him later in the day.

dankir

FUCK YES, LUCARIO AND IKE FOR RETAIL PRICE! And I got Falcon last week MRSP BESTbuy.ca fucking rocks these days!

5 more to go!!!

Renewed

Almost 40 minutes later and only Dark Pit is gone. Hopefully anyone interested in the rest get them.

FUCK YES, LUCARIO AND IKE FOR RETAIL PRICE! And I got Falcon last week for retail.

BESTbuy.ca fucking rocks these days!

5 more to go!!!

The restock dreams have been coming true. Now I can pray for plentiful Falco and Roy!... right?

dankir

Almost 40 minutes later and only Dark Pit is gone. Hopefully anyone interested in the rest get them.

The restock dreams have been coming true. Now I can pray for plentiful Falco and Roy!... right?

Now I'm not really worried about Amiibo stocks they've done a great job with the older waves.

I'll probably get Pit, Little Mac and Meta Knight on kijiji seen them each for 25 - 30 bucks and hoping that BB gets DedeDe if they got Ike again. I just need Sheik and I'm have them all. Already have the 3 pack on PO, the next 5 should be easy to get next week.... in any case I'm not worried about Amiibos anymore.

Ondore

Got Ike (and Falcon for free shipping, may return depending). Just need a Charizard I can ship to my brother and a Lucina and I'm done worrying about anything released.

Renewed

The Green Yoshi is exclusive to the bundle, correct?

Grr, there goes my $40 E3 preorder...

I believe so... According to Nintendo's site:

Nintendo of Canada said:
Yoshi’s Woolly World launches October 16 at a suggested retail price of $64.99. The game will also be available in a bundle that includes a green Yarn Yoshi amiibo at a suggested retail price of $79.99. The green Yarn Yoshi is available as part of the bundle, with individual pink and light-blue Yarn Yoshi amiibo also launching on October 16 at a suggested retail price of $19.99 each.

I want blue so I'm keeping my cheap preorder >.>

Don't want to double post this so I'll add this in here. Walmart Canada tweeted in reply to someone:

Walmart Canada said:
The Dr. Mario amiibo is a Walmart Canada exclusive.

Also on amazon.ca you can find placeholders for Olimar & Pikmin, Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf. Sorry if this is already known. Just want to make sure people know for the release coming up.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The Green Yoshi is exclusive to the bundle, correct?

Grr, there goes my $40 E3 preorder...
I'm sure you'll be able to buy a green one for less than $40 (the difference between your preorder and the bundle) after they're out here. Hell, they're $30 from 3rd party sellers from Japan on Amazon.ca right now.

Toshin

kinda cute find/photo/mash up :D
COUEuaRUkAA6KnU.png

i-Jest

Just give me Olimar and ZSS. Everything else will come in due time. I really can't bring myself to believe the Green Yarn Yoshi will stay exclusive to the bundle. I'll wait it out. Mario universe amiibo aren't a difficult thing to come across. It's always been that way, well for me anyway.

Ondore

Amazon announced Wave 5b buy times on Friday:

Ganondorf 4E/1P
Zero Suit Samus 5E/2P
Olimar 6E/3P
Classic Color Mario 7E/4P

zroid

Banned
the problem with this is I can't order two together to get free shipping

well, hopefully Ganondorf is common enough to still be available when ZSS goes up

Amazon announced Wave 5b buy times on Friday:

Ganondorf 4E/1P
Zero Suit Samus 5E/2P
Olimar 6E/3P
Classic Color Mario 7E/4P

Worst time to have a doctors appointment on Friday.

Might have to stop by a coffee shop and wait for that ZSS. Going to miss that Ganon.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
ZERO SUIT!

OH jesus I need this please. I've been waiting and posting about this damn amiibo for moths please let it happen for me. Please amazon be nice.

Clov

Hmmm, won't be able to order them together now... I mean, I guess I don't need the classic color Mario. I'm not even getting Mario Maker. I'll stick with Ganondorf.

On a different note, does no place have the standalone NFC Reader/Writer up for preorder yet? I can't seem to find it.

zroid

Banned
I hope can get the modern colour Mario at Wal-Mart... if it is indeed being sold separately. that and ZSS are the two I mainly want from this wave. I kind of want Ganondorf but I feel it will be common so don't mind leaving it for now.

Brofield

I guess there will be absolutely no way for me to get a hold of Bowser Jr. just because of class...dammit.

Worst time to have a doctors appointment on Friday.

Might have to stop by a coffee shop and wait for that ZSS. Going to miss that Ganon.

If I were able to get a hold of Ganondorf, would you be able to get a Bowser Jr., and we could do a trade? I'm near Toronto

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Can someone post which Amiibo will be available at each retailer? Not just the exclusives, all of them.

kinger

Can someone post which Amiibo will be available at each retailer? Not just the exclusives, all of them.
All (Amazon, Best Buy(online only?), EB Games, Toys R Us, Walmart; Possibly chapters Indigo and/or the Source)
Zero Suit Samus
Ganondorf
Olimar
8-Bit Mario (Classic)

8-Bit Mario (Modern) (Walmart)
Dr. Mario (Walmart)

Bowser Jr. (TRU)

I think I got all of them? So 7 will be released on Friday.

I hope can get the modern colour Mario at Wal-Mart... if it is indeed being sold separately. that and ZSS are the two I mainly want from this wave. I kind of want Ganondorf but I feel it will be common so don't mind leaving it for now.
Apparently it should be
https://mobile.twitter.com/WalmartCanada/status/641338351119798273
Though I wonder if it's worth going early, since it sounds like WM tends to be largely hit or miss... But I want it.

I guess there will be absolutely no way for me to get a hold of Bowser Jr. just because of class...dammit.
It might be worth a shot to drop by or call your local TRU(s) after class, depending on how in demand he is I guess. Greninja was still available throughout the day on release. (Also keep an eye on reddit Canada)

Glad I happened to check on this thread! Managed to get Classic Color Mario and Ganondorf.

Looks like Mario went fast. Unless I'm ... nevermind. Realized I followed the wrong link to it. Got the amazon one.

Just noticed these went up quite a while ago. Hopefully my order is good. It should be considering they are supposed to be selling tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
I still don't trust Amazon... sucked it up for Palutena but hopefully I can get ZSS from wal-mart or best buy

and god knows what the Modern Colour 8bit Mario situation will be at Wal Mart

Top Bottom