• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I got amazon to split my Palutena from my filler game preorder, cuz I'm kind of tired of waiting. I wish it would have been done automatically, but the shipping's still free.
Sometimes they do it automatically and sometimes you have to contact them to do it. It's annoying but we are gaming their system to get free shipping so I guess we have to live with the annoyance.

Sora_N

Sometimes they do it automatically and sometimes you have to contact them to do it. It's annoying but we are gaming their system to get free shipping so I guess we have to live with the annoyance.

Well i'm cancelling the 'filler' game preorder anyways after so I was patient enough lol.

i-Jest

people are done with amiibos, thank fuck

got to my store 30 minutes before opening. two people in line, third is on the couch eating which makes me the fourth person to get there. I decided to sit down the entire time. 30 minutes pass and I get in line when everyone else is going in. I ended up being 10th.

Yeah. Wasn't much of a line up at EB Games Yorkdale yesterday morning. I'd like to think most just quite but I don't know....

Chatin

I chanced a stop by Edmonton Kingsway EB, this morning, and they said they had tons left available for preorder. Definitely make a stop at your local store.

joedick

people are done with amiibos, thank fuck

got to my store 30 minutes before opening. two people in line, third is on the couch eating which makes me the fourth person to get there. I decided to sit down the entire time. 30 minutes pass and I get in line when everyone else is going in. I ended up being 10th.

I'm sure part of it is that people may be done with amiibos, but I think part of it is that this was such a last minute thing.

If I were to goto EB games today any chance I could get a 3 pack or are they sold out?

You don't even have to go, just call and ask. You won't be able to do the pre-order over the phone, but it'll save you a trip if they tell you their done.

dankir

Yeah just went in to EB and got a pre order. Looks like the amiibo hupe is dying or supplies are just that much better. Picked the last 8 figures related in stores no problem.

Plus they come out on the 25th!!

dankir

you managed to preorder the rest of wave 6 like Olimar, Dorf, ZSS?

Not po but I was able to get most of the figures from recent waves in store on release day. I got most of the Ness / Wario wave in store. Got dark pit and paletena online and then this 3 pack today.

EB said this is the only upcoming amiibo you can PO.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm not fretting over not having a 3-pack preorder. I don't expect it to be uncommon and worst case scenario where I end up never finding one, I'll just import my Japanese R.O.B. and be happy.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm not fretting over not having a 3-pack preorder. I don't expect it to be uncommon and worst case scenario where I end up never finding one, I'll just import my Japanese R.O.B. and be happy.
If you do import a Japanese R.O.B. you should get a second one for me.

Skikkiks

I went to the Vaughan Mills EB Games last night and half jokingly asked if they had any of the Retro 3 Packs available to preorder.

They actually did.

Weird as SHIT.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I went to the Vaughan Mills EB Games last night and half jokingly asked if they had any of the Retro 3 Packs available to preorder.

They actually did.

Weird as SHIT.

I think we're over estimating how much these will be in demand compared to how much stock these stores are getting. This three pack has also caused the most "I'm out" reactions I've seen in regards to Amiibo yet, so that might be helping the cause a bit too.

Anth0ny

They actually did.

Weird as SHIT.

woah

do I take 5 minutes out of my lunch break to pre-order at vaughan mills

but that would require me to step foot inside an eb games...

fuck it

explodet

Yesterday afternoon I was able to preorder the retro 3-pack at EB, either the demand tanked or they've got lots of stock.

Of course, I really only want the Duck Hunt amiibo so I'll have ROB and Mister GeeDubya floating around.

CRA5H

I have the Splatoon 3 pack and willing to trade for the Retro 3 Pack when it's released. Still NiB. If anyone is willing to do a swap, pm me. Toronto only!
Go Jays Go

dankir

Is this the confirmed packaging?

3max.jpg

Just realized it 45 bucks, didn't even ask when I pre-ordered :S

35 in the US right?

schlew

Awesome, got an order in. I figured no love lost if I missed my chance, but what the hell, G&W is pretty adorable with his multiple poses.

Anth0ny

with these three finally pre-ordered, my wishlist is pretty small:

-dr. mario (will pre-orders ever open for this guy?)
-blue yarn yoshi
-8bit mario with the og colors
-japan rob
-mewtwo
-ryu
-roy

and that's it! I get the feeling japan rob will be hell to acquire.

MarkusRJR

Sept 11. is going to kill my wallet.

Super Mario Maker
Olimar Amiibo
Zero Suit Samus Amiibo
Ganondorf Amiibo
and possibly Dr. Mario Amiibo or SMB Anniversary Amiibo

Thankfully I got Super Mario Maker for cheap due to Amazon's E3 sale, but still a lot of money.

CRA5H

Same with me, though Ganon is the more important one for me. Got to complete my Legend of Zelda Amiibo set.

I'm seriously considering taking a day off work for this. It would give me a 3 day weekend if nothing else.
Yeah ZSS, Ganon, and Mario 30th Anniversary editions. My friend was in Japan and was able to Ganon for me for $18 but ZSS was $25 so I told him off on ZSS. Hope that doesn't bite me in the ass.

Top Bottom