• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

tiijj

Ah so the hunt for Lucario begins? I don't care for Lucario so I'll wish you all good luck!

What I did was buy Final Fantasy Curtain Call and a Kirby amiibo then use "cineplexholiday" to take off $10 (because it's over $40). So free shipping and I'm paying $10 less on the amiibo (and I wanted that game for a while).

What's the requirement for that code?

Stage On

Ah so the hunt for Lucario begins? I don't care for Lucario so I'll wish you all good luck!

What I did was buy Final Fantasy Curtain Call and a Kirby amiibo then use "cineplexholiday" to take off $10 (because it's over $40). So free shipping and I'm paying $10 less on the amiibo (and I wanted that game for a while).

I wonder if you can use that coupon more then once. I already used it to get Mario, Luigi and Peach in a moment of weakness earlier this week. In retrospect it might have been better to wait so that I had something I wanted to get with Lucario in order to secure free shipping

Stage On

So...show of hands. Who's here for the night?

I'm not sure, I really only want Lucario himself for as cheap as possible so that shipping charge really bites, but at the same time I really don't want to have to get up at 6:30am in order to catch a bus so that I can be at Toys r us early enough to make sure I get one.

Weiss

Banned
Lucario isn't a character I'm interested in, so I'm good. Only reason I would pick one up is to trade it with one of you guys.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I'm probably going to wait until about 12:30am, then wake up at 3 am just in case. Not happy about it but it's a necessary sacrifice :p

What's that 2 hours of sleep really gonna get ya? Just stay up you know you want toooooo

GtwoK

I WANT to be here all night, but I also want to be up in time for Lucario in store as well. Gonna have to pick one here I think, not staying up until 4am for online (if it comes to that) and still being up at 7 so that I can get to TRU by 8. I have shit to do tomorrow, and need sleep :p

MikeDip

Nope, bright and early for me. Planning on getting at TRU at 7:30ish. Still debating on going to walmart when they open. :/

What's walmart rumoured to have? I might go to the one near me when they open if there's a shot at something fun.

What's walmart rumoured to have? I might go to the one near me when they open if there's a shot at something fun.

I believe some misc. Wave 3 items...

I'll be at Wal-Mart at 7 and then TRU at 8.

I'll probably end up helping the Electronics clerk at WM open up their amiibo boxes like I had to do with Wave 1, LOL.

jholmes

I'm still at the office and while I don't care for Lucario my buddy is wracked by worry that he won't get him and is an early bird, so I'd like to grab one online for him.

beta_fuse

Something tells me Wlamart isn't going to have anything tomorrow. Last time they had stock in-store for a new wave it actually showed up on the site as available in certain locations when you put in your postal code. As of now I just see either OOS and "not sold in stores" with no way of actually checking individual store stock. I still might try it out in the morning though, wouldn't hurt just to check.

mdubs

Banned
Just want to say I love this thread and all of you good people here at Canada-amiibo GAF. This thread has been great and very helpful I think for everyone.

I'm not staying up for Lucario (I was up at 3:30 for the Persona stream) but good luck everyone!

Stage On

Man the Super mario line is so much less detailed for some figures it's not even funny.

Just look at Peach for example, they really simplified her dress compared to the smash bros version.

Gravidee

Man the Super mario line is so much less detailed for some figures it's not even funny.

Just look at Peach for example, they really simplified her dress compared to the smash bros version.

That's because it's based on her general franchise appearance, which isn't as detailed as in the Smash Bros. games.

Banned
If any of you pass by some wave 3's like Sonic, Shulk, Sheik, Dedede, Lucario or Ike, just holler at me. I'll pay you :p

MikeDip

I'd like a shulk somehow but I really think that's gonna end up impossible :\

zroid

Banned
man, now that I have Rosalina ordered, all I really want are Lucina and Robin. If pre-orders would just go up for those already I'd be relatively stress-free. :\

Stage On

That's because it's based on her general franchise appearance, which isn't as detailed as in the Smash Bros. games.

Yeah, I know why they are more simple but at the same time if I'm going to get Peach I'd much rather have the more detailed one for myself. It's partly why I finally caved and got Mario, Luigi and Peach this week since once the Super Mario versions are out stores will probably stop stocking the Smash bros versions of those characters.

Still waiting for Futureshop to ship my Rosalina. Man between the stars on her dress, the wand she's holding and her luma her smash bros amiibo is so much better then the Super mario bros one is going to be.

ohlawd

as long as Lucina is spread among all retailers, you guys can go nuts with who is exclusive to which

more chances for me when she's not exclusive

i-Jest

UGH...I'm gonna have to be about the F5 life all night.

EDIT: BestBuy sent my shipping notice for Shiek. Not worried they'll deliver in Megaman and Sonic. I'm a little worried Amazon might cancel my Ike and DDD preorders from mid December.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yeah, I know why they are more simple but at the same time if I'm going to get Peach I'd much rather have the more detailed one for myself. It's partly why I finally caved and got Mario, Luigi and Peach this week since once the Super Mario versions are out stores will probably stop stocking the Smash bros versions of those characters.

Still waiting for Futureshop to ship my Rosalina. Man between the stars on her dress, the wand she's holding and her luma her smash bros amiibo is so much better then the Super mario bros one is going to be.

Ermahgerd, what is this? ShippingGAF?

:p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
as long as Lucina is spread among all retailers, you guys can go nuts with who is exclusive to which

more chances for me when she's not exclusive
I'm still waiting for more foreign sites to take preorders. Not taking chances and don't really care about the boxes.

Stage On

man, now that I have Rosalina ordered, all I really want are Lucina and Robin. If pre-orders would just go up for those already I'd be relatively stress-free. :\

I'm a bit jealous, if for no other reason then this Lucario business is stressing me out to the point that I feel sick and can't sleep even if I wanted to which will making today all the more difficult for me.

And If I do get Lucario where do I stop? I've already got Pikachu and I'd kind of like Charizard and Greninja so should I get all the Pokemon just to "catch em all" even if I don't care about Jiggillypuff too much...

I'm not even trying to get the full smash set anymore and the cost of this is really starting to get to me. I've spent about $100 in the last week alone and that's BEFORE Rosalina since she hasn't been charged to my card yet and Lucario.

Part of me is tempted to just end it here other then ones that have actually unlock something like Link and the Spinner in Hyrule warriors or Toad and the pixel toad in Captain Toads treasure tracker. After all I've still got my Skylanders collection going and that's expensive enough on all by it's own.

tiijj

I remember during wave 1-2, TRU released Little Mac and Diddy around 5am EST. If that was the case for Lucario, I don't think I can make it lol

stolin

I remember during wave 1-2, TRU released Little Mac and Diddy around 5am EST. If that was the case for Lucario, I don't think I can make it lol

NEW-TIME.jpg

Top Bottom