• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

alright, well there goes my theory

based on their tweet, I kinda thought that maybe maybe what they were going to do is break up the allotment equally amongst the amount of times zones and then release a part after each stroke of midnight. But...I guess, since it's 12:33am now eastern standard time, that's not happening.

zroid

Banned
I'm a bit jealous, if for no other reason then this Lucario business is stressing me out to the point that I feel sick and can't sleep even if I wanted to which will making today all the more difficult for me.

I kind of made a decision a while ago that I wasn't going to get any Pokémon amiibo unless they did something useful in a game. For me the main appeal of amiibo is getting figurines for characters which you normally wouldn't find merchandise for (and of course the in-game functions where applicable), so Pokémon is really the antithesis of that.

As far as Pokémon go I'm more a plushie guy anyway. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh god those prices plus import fees and the weak canadian dollar and it's not even worth it lol.
Typically you don't pay import fees actually, but yeah, weak dollar is bad.

Then again, if you want it and you can't get it, you are going to pay 50+ anyway from a scalper unless you are lucky enough to find someone here with extras.

So...off topic. Did anyone pick this up?
81zgpovMVjL._SL1500_.jpg

Don't want to rekindle anything, and this isn't sarcastic, but as someone who had simply given up on the old Canadian deals thread (I had previously bitched about all the shipping talk, and just gave up entirely when the amiibo tsunami struck) thank-you from the bottom of my heart for taking this over here.

I mean--damn, look at the post frequency! If there was ever a topic that deserved its own thread...this might be it.

Good luck finding what you're looking for. =)

Stage On

I kind of made a decision a while ago that I wasn't going to get any Pokémon amiibo unless they did something useful in a game. For me the main appeal of amiibo is getting figurines for characters which you normally wouldn't find merchandise for (and of course the in-game functions where applicable), so Pokémon is really the antithesis of that.

As far as Pokémon go I'm more a plushie guy anyway. :p

Heh I don't have enough will power to really resist the Siren song of Pikachu so I had to get him at the very least if I was going to get any Amiibo at all.

I mean I totally would have gotten the Pokemon scramble figures if they had actually been available in Canada but I guess I lucked out since they weren't saving me money.

I love Pokemon Plushies though even If I can rarely afford them. I have a set of black and white starters I got from the crane game at Work back when they let me play it for free during a christmas party a few years ago.

I've been looking for a decent sized Marill one for years without any luck :(

My Rosalina, Shulk and Lucario are on their way. Just need Meta Knight to come from Best Buy and I'll have all of the "exclusives".

NEVER AGAIN NINTENDO.

MarkusRJR

Why's everyone staying up all night? Wave 4 going on pre-order tonight or something. I'm staying up late cleaning anyway so if something is supposed to go down I might as well keep myself updated.

Bass260

Why's everyone staying up all night? Wave 4 going on pre-order tonight or something. I'm staying up late cleaning anyway so if something is supposed to go down I might as well keep myself updated.

Lucario at TRU might go up online.

i can't believe I'm f5ing TRU like mad for a 13.99 Lucario toy

Banned
i was reading some gaffers ordering from nippon yasan because Japan seems to have lots of stock of amiibo. Turns out there are scalpers there to. $70 for a villager lol. Ike was about $18. Sheik was $16. The rest ranged between $23-30.

tiijj

i was reading some gaffers ordering from nippon yasan because Japan seems to have lots of stock of amiibo. Turns out there are scalpers there to. $70 for a villager lol. Ike was about $18. Sheik was $16. The rest ranged between $23-30.

They increase their prices depending on the demand but they were originally cheaper. Look at the gamecube adapter, damn expensive.

Oh, I don't have a credit card andI assume they don't do paypal... that sucks.

I have been buying prepaid credit cards to buy them at EB Games but I don't have any money on mine currently.

Shockingly enough, TRU actually does allow you to checkout with Paypal. Who would've guessed?

Stage On

So...off topic. Did anyone pick this up?

Nah, the only games I would even considering spending over $100 for are stuff like Xenoblade where I know I'd put over 100 hours into it and even then I'd rather just have the normal edition because I don't have a lot of spending money to throw around and have to be extremely judicious with it.

It's hard to be a collector and a cheap ass at the same time as those are almost contradictory things but I somehow manage... most of the time anyhow.

Stage On

I wounder what would happen if Nintendo released Amiibo's of the alternate costume versions of characters like Male Robin and Wii fit trainer or all of Bowsers kids...

Stage On

Just checked my futureshop order to see if Rosalina had finally shipped yet....

Item Status: Out of Stock....

Am I screwed?

Stage On

I would get Roy in order to put him next to Marth.

Man I'd love if past characters got a figure even if they aren't in the game anymore. I used Squritle so much in Brawl I really miss him and my friends always thought I was weird for using Roy over Marth back in the day.

Top Bottom