• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

See, all these retailers and resellers online are breaking street dates that I don't even know if some of these amiibos are supposed to be out yet. I thought Sonic was out already because FS had him in stock in my location but now you tell me the official date is tomorrow?

Actually the amiibo reddit seems to be reporting in the sidebar that some of the wave 3 amiibos have been pushed back this month: http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/

Hmm, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

lionpants

Paging lionpants...

You writing a script for this one like you did with Rosalina?
Yup, I have my program running always. Not 100% sure if it will work for Lucario, but it should (I'm checking when the "Email me button" is no longer there) I dunno if I will be awake to post on here though tonight.

If you PM me your email address, I can have it email you as well.

GtwoK

Yup, I have my program running always. Not 100% sure if it will work for Lucario, but it should (I'm checking when the "Email me button" is no longer there) I dunno if I will be awake to post on here though tonight.

If you PM me your email address, I can have it email you as well.

What would be the point of this script? The last one was great, and was able find the Rosalina page which had not been put up on the site yet, but the Lucario page is already up! If you want to be notified of release, why not just get one of the chrome extensions that do it, LegendOfGood??

lionpants

What would be the point of this script? The last one was great, and was able find the Rosalina page which had not been put up on the site yet, but the Lucario page is already up! If you want to be notified of release, why not just get one of the chrome extensions that do it, LegendOfGood??
It's an application that makes HTTP requests every 30 seconds and checks for HTML changes. But yes, since the page is already up, F5ing, making sure your cache is cleared every time would be better.

Kilvin

HOLY SHIT I GOT HER!!! I GOT HER!!! I GOT ROSALINA!!! THE EBGames CART THING FROM EARLIER WORKED!!

I got the shipping confirmation email right before I got to the arena and it specifically says Rosalina on it.!

I've wanted to post this for hours, but I was at the hockey game and our arena is like a bunker and I don't get any reception.... It was killing me!

I can't flipping believe this worked. So guy with Rosalina and Donkey Kong, you are likely getting Rosalina too.... She was the only thing I ordered and it shipped.

Unfortunately it is via friggin purolator who are the worst.... I'll likely have to drive to a neighbouring city to pick her up at the depot.

It's an application that makes HTTP requests every 30 seconds and checks for HTML changes. But yes, since the page is already up, F5ing, making sure your cache is cleared every time would be better.

And since I am not necessarily going to be constantly available to F5, having an email sent would be very useful :)

Thanks!

zroid

Banned
I just got my Rosalina Amiibo shipping notice from Futureshop!
argh.gif

Duran

HOLY SHIT I GOT HER!!! I GOT HER!!! I GOT ROSALINA!!! THE EBGames CART THING FROM EARLIER WORKED!!

I got the shipping confirmation email right before I got to the arena and it specifically says Rosalina on it.!

I've wanted to post this for hours, but I was at the hockey game and our arena is like a bunker and I don't get any reception.... It was killing me!

I can't flipping believe this worked. So guy with Rosalina and Donkey Kong, you are likely getting Rosalina too.... She was the only thing I ordered and it shipped.

Unfortunately it is via friggin purolator who are the worst.... I'll likely have to drive to a neighbouring city to pick her up at the depot.

This is a good sign!

Also thanks to ultracal for grabbing me a Sheik.

But did it say SMB Rosalina?

Kilvin

Well it's a different SKU at least. Awesome for you. Did you have one before this? I seem to remember you didn't and kept missing out.

Nope I didn't have her, and yes I missed out on her like 3 times. Hence me being so pumped.

If I open the package and it's a peach it will be the Troll of a lifetime.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
What's the toys r us standard with their website? Any chance of this thing going up midnight? I read their tweet but ehhh

What's the toys r us standard with their website? Any chance of this thing going up midnight? I read their tweet but ehhh

Well the page has always said Feb 6th. Which would be some time after midnight. BUT...what time zone? Sure it might be Feb 6th in Toronto after midnight there, but it won't be in Vancouver.

Kilvin

Lol nah, I do. Just find it funny that DBB insists it's probably a Peach being shipping out to everybody. :p Best of luck!

If it's a Peach I will die a little inside. Haha

Hopefully it worked for a few other people as well, I think at least 5 or 6 others posted having success getting the order through.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Anyone here in the GTA/Toronto going to a toys r us early? Going alone would be boring but going with someone could be fun.

Stage On

Aw dang, I just checked and the shipping for 1 amiibo by itself from Toys r us is $7.50. Bloody ridiculous

Of course the bus and back again will cost $5.6 all together so that's not much of a savings especially since I'd have to leave the house while it's super cold and dark outside and stand around for a good long while before the store even opens....

Renewed

Ah so the hunt for Lucario begins? I don't care for Lucario so I'll wish you all good luck!

Aw dang, I just checked and the shipping for 1 amiibo by itself from Toys r us is $7.50. Bloody ridiculous

Of course the bus and back again will cost $5.6 all together so that's not much of a savings especially since I'd have to leave the house while it's super cold and dark outside and stand around for a good long while before the store even opens....

What I did was buy Final Fantasy Curtain Call and a Kirby amiibo then use "cineplexholiday" to take off $10 (because it's over $40). So free shipping and I'm paying $10 less on the amiibo (and I wanted that game for a while).

Top Bottom