• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Unfortunately, this would be inaccurate as it will be different times for different provinces, so we are unable to do so.

This doesn't even make sense. Ontario has two time zones.

I think I'm done with company twitter accounts run by PR people/companies that don't have a damn clue. You should have seen the mess that was on the BB twitter page when they goofed up putting Rosie up for sale. Such a joke.

CRA5H

Go to sleep at your usual time and go to the store in the morning!
I wish I could but I teach at 8am tmrw :(
I have to wake up at 5am too.

Still I'm not worried because I'm trading for a Lucario tmrw. I just wanted a backup because at least you could return items to the store.

Stage On

At least 20 Lucario per store my butt. My local Toys r us only has 16 and I know they aren't the only one....

Heh I don't usually get up until noon on days I'm not working but I guess I'll be making a special exception for Tomorrow.

Wish I had a ride since Walking the entire way is out of the question, partly because they haven't plowed the sidewalks on the bridges which makes it very unsafe to cross them on foot and partly because I really hurt myself on Tuesday walking up there before thanks to my asthma....

Hopefully getting their just after 8am will be early enough to snag one or I'm going to be really pissed

Looks like a yes then after reading back to answer my own question.

Mindtrick.png

These aren't the amiibos you're looking for.

Grabbed myself a Sheik today, pretty happy to find one. I wish I could have found an Ike too :(

Anyone in Edmonton seen any Ike anywhere? Or should I just try to find one online?

Then it dawns on me...

The amount of time I've been spending tracking these dang figures, could have been used to work on some of my gaming backlog.

I am on to you all!!
Especially you!

lol

Yeah TRU.ca are selling them some time tonight. They won't say when. I called a CSR yesterday and he didn't have a clue when they'd go on sale or how many were available. But he was WELL aware how sought after these are and the "after market profit" some of these are making. Yeah at that point in time I figured he knew EXACTLY when and how many and didn't want to give that out.

Oh yeah you've had some issue with a few huh?

Yeah my EB Toon Link has black marks on his face and hat. I replaced him with one I bought at Toys R Us when they got Wave 3 in on Tuesday.

King Dedede had a black mark on his hat, blue marks on his eyes where they didn't paint them white so the paint underneath shows and other issues. Calling EB customer service put in a request to the district manager who sent me a replacement that should arrive in store tomorrow.

Stage On

lol

Yeah TRU.ca are selling them some time tonight. They won't say when. I called a CSR yesterday and he didn't have a clue when they'd go on sale or how many were available. But he was WELL aware how sought after these are and the "after market profit" some of these are making. Yeah at that point in time I figured he knew EXACTLY when and how many and didn't want to give that out.

I hope so, I'd rather be able to order it online then having to drag myself out of bed at 6:30am in the morning in order to grab it.

Banned
Nice! Where'd you get the Rosalina?
My local EB games. I know the girls and I'm a regular and they love me so they put the last one they had on hold. The manager even said to her coworker "Kevin is probably going to call at 10am about rosalina so this one is for him if he calls before a customer asks for it". I called and she held it till my lunch break lol.

I always bring my huskies into the shop because they love the dogs and sometimes joke about refusing me service if I don't bring the dogs lol. It pays to make friends and have connections.

lol

I'll give the ones in my local area a shout and see what they say, I'll let y'all know!
The employees I eavesdropped on when I was in last were well aware as well. My girlfriend and I love the hunt but we are both rapidly growing tired of being disappointed.

Also, the site a few of us were purchasing Japanese Meta Knight from, Ufo something cancelled my order today. Still have yet to be refunded however.

Banned
So is it safe to assume the rare ones are out of print and I have to pay scalpers to get them? The ones I don't have that are released are:

Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Marth
Ike
Captain Falcon
Pit
Sheik
Sonic
King Dedede
Mega Man
Lucario (gonna try hard tonight on toysrus)
Shulk
Little Mac

Am I shit out of luck?

So is it safe to assume the rare ones are out of print and I have to pay scalpers to get them? The ones I don't have that are released are:

Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Marth
Ike
Captain Falcon
Pit
Sheik
Sonic
King Dedede
Mega Man
Shulk
Little Mac

Am I shit out of luck?

I was hoping for ones like Sonic and Mega Man in store on the official launch day tomorrow and Marth's getting a reprint some time hear for Codename STEAM.

Stage On

Am I shit out of luck?

You'd be better off importing them then paying those damn dirty scalpers. I'd import too for guys I'd missed like Captain Falcon if I could afford the extra cost....

Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Marth
Ike
Captain Falcon
Pit
Sheik
Sonic
King Dedede
Mega Man
Shulk
Little Mac

Am I shit out of luck?

Depending where you live, you've got a chance with the bolded ones IMO.

Wal-Mart hasn't put their Ike, Sonic, or Mega Mans on the shelf yet. You may score a Sheik at an EB Games or FS. And as for Lucario, you'll have to duke it out with the rest of us online tonight! :)

Also, DDD came in stock randomly on amazon.ca yesterday, so it could happen again...

TRU guy on the phone had no idea what I was talking about. Did mention the ups truck dropped off some amiibo today but wouldn't say which. He did tell me they wouldn't be out till Saturday or Sunday, so..

Banned
I was hoping for ones like Sonic and Mega Man in store on the official launch day tomorrow and Marth's getting a reprint some time hear for Codename STEAM.
Yeah Ike and Marth will probably get more units out in time for codename steam.
You'd be better off importing them then paying those damn dirty scalpers. I'd import too for guys I'd missed like Captain Falcon if I could afford the extra cost....
Oh I won't. I'll use AmiAmi or PlayAsia or at worst, Nippon Yasan.
Depending where you live, you've got a chance with the bolded ones IMO.
Yeah sometimes Sheik is in stock in the neighbourhood but never on the shelf when I go to the store.
Wal-Mart hasn't put their Ike, Sonic, or Mega Mans on the shelf yet. You may score a Sheik at an EB Games or FS. And as for Lucario, you'll have to duke it out with the rest of us online tonight! :)

Also, DDD came in stock randomly on amazon.ca yesterday, so it could happen again...
See, all these retailers and resellers online are breaking street dates that I don't even know if some of these amiibos are supposed to be out yet. I thought Sonic was out already because FS had him in stock in my location but now you tell me the official date is tomorrow?

Top Bottom