• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Weiss

Banned
Figures that the same day EB would have spare Megaman and Sonic amiibos would be the day I have to go into class three hours early.

amiibo hunting is suffering

GtwoK

How late do you think shipments can arrive at Walmart, considering they are through a courier and not Walmart trucks? Is it worth it to check again before they close tonight?

ohlawd

What were the expect responses?

keep the packaging

as a kid, I threw everything away. I'm older now and my closet is full of useless shit from special editions and crap. I'm not gonna open my amiibos but if I wanted to, I'd open them nicely and leave them in the closet

Kade

Wal-Mart here ain't got shit but common Wave 1s and 2s. I ended up finding Bowser and Toon Link at EB Games and Future Shop, respectively but if I don't find Ike (I want all the Fire Emblem ones because honestly, the Amiibos are some of the only merch for that series you can find) I will be very upset. I missed the Lucario boat too and I want all the Pokemon Amiibos. If I get too desperate, I've got an extra Shulk I'd be willing to trade.

Kilvin

keep the packaging

as a kid, I threw everything away. I'm older now and my closet is full of useless shit from special editions and crap. I'm not gonna open my amiibos but if I wanted to, I'd open them nicely and leave them in the closet

Boxed items I certainly do keep the packaging, but stuff on blister cards is nearly impossible to not destroy when opening. I see no point in keeping torn cardboard backing and plastic windows.

ohlawd

Boxed items I certainly do keep the packaging, but stuff on blister cards is nearly impossible to not destroy when opening. I see no point in keeping torn cardboard backing and plastic windows.

I think they look nice. that's my reason for wanting to keep the cardboard and stuff

ahdurian

does anyone by chance have an EXTRA Rosalina and is willing to trade for a DeDeDe?

:D?

EDIT: Also I emphasized EXTRA because I don't want someone to trade it if they were already planning it for other uses (painting, selling, gift, etc.)

zroid

Banned
What I've done is cut open a flap of plastic from the bottom of the packaging to remove the protective foil. I don't touch the amiibo themselves (yet). If I ever decide to remove them from the plastic, I'll probably throw it out... not enough space for all that. :X

Robert807

I live in Thunder Bay . I was shopping at Walmart around 2 today. I was curious about what amiibos they had in stock. They only had mario , peach , Zelda and diddy kong. I'm not into they toys anyway , even if they had rare ones in stock I wouldn't have bought them. I thought it was funny when this big dude came in to see what they had for stock. This guy was on his phone swearing to his buddy that they had crummy stock and he was going to harass the workers there to check in back to see if any are back there. This was the Walmart at memorial street .

Renewed

What I've done is cut open a flap of plastic from the bottom of the packaging to remove the protective foil. I don't touch the amiibo themselves (yet). If I ever decide to remove them from the plastic, I'll probably throw it out... not enough space for all that. :X

When I took out my Shulk, I did it with an X-Acto to see if I could preserve the packaging. I then glued it back together. But now, I don't care. My amiami stuff I got came in a decently sized package so maybe I can fit my amiibo boxes in there, then throw it out tomorrow.

GNugget

Neo Member
Hello Amiibros

So I'm hanging here with my roommate playing Smash Bros WiiU and beside me is our collection of Amiibos. We recently started collecting them and in the past few days have let it take a major chunk of our days...we've stayed up until the early AM on the hopes (and ultimately disappointment) of retailers releasing "rare" amiibos online...and today we went to TRU two hours early to get Lucario and even bought a WiiFit Trainer on Amazon.co.uk... neither of us have opened any of the Amiibos and neither of us have any intention of scalping them...we're not huge toy collector's (although we have a few kickass Hot Toys...all unboxed and all displayed in nice cases with LED lights). Anyways, we were asking ourselves what it is about Amiibos that makes us go sorta insane.Every now and then in the last few days I've had a chance to take a step back and look at the big picture and sorta think it's a bit ridiculous that grown ass men & women are going nuts over this Amiibo toy. I told my roommate that I'll open all my Amiibos very soon as we do have a wiiU and we both are getting the new 3DS with Amiibo Support but for some bizarre reason I am hesitant on opening them.

So my question is, why are you collecting? Are you using them in SMASH and other games? Are you scalping? What is it about Amiibos, Amiibros? I'm not criticizing the craze in any way, I'm just genuinely curious to know how others feel about this?

I live in Thunder Bay . I was shopping at Walmart around 2 today. I was curious about what amiibos they had in stock. They only had mario , peach , Zelda and diddy kong. I'm not into they toys anyway , even if they had rare ones in stock I wouldn't have bought them. I thought it was funny when this big dude came in to see what they had for stock. This guy was on his phone swearing to his buddy that they had crummy stock and he was going to harass the workers there to check in back to see if any are back there. This was the Walmart at memorial street .

NW Ontarians! Wooooooo

ahdurian

Hello Amiibros

So I'm hanging here with my roommate playing Smash Bros WiiU and beside me is our collection of Amiibos. We recently started collecting them and in the past few days have let it take a major chunk of our days...we've stayed up until the early AM on the hopes (and ultimately disappointment) of retailers releasing "rare" amiibos online...and today we went to TRU two hours early to get Lucario and even bought a WiiFit Trainer on Amazon.co.uk... neither of us have opened any of the Amiibos and neither of us have any intention of scalping them...we're not huge toy collector's (although we have a few kickass Hot Toys...all unboxed and all displayed in nice cases with LED lights). Anyways, we were asking ourselves what it is about Amiibos that makes us go sorta insane.Every now and then in the last few days I've had a chance to take a step back and look at the big picture and sorta think it's a bit ridiculous that grown ass men & women are going nuts over this Amiibo toy. I told my roommate that I'll open all my Amiibos very soon as we do have a wiiU and we both are getting the new 3DS with Amiibo Support but for some bizarre reason I am hesitant on opening them.

So my question is, why are you collecting? Are you using them in SMASH and other games? Are you scalping? What is it about Amiibos, Amiibros? I'm not criticizing the craze in any way, I'm just genuinely curious to know how others feel about this?

I'm collecting them because I love Smash and Amiibos are a way I can collect figures of some of my favorite Nintendo characters, like Villager or DeDeDe or Bowser. I haven't scalped any, but I would tend to try and by an extra of some more uncommon/rare ones to either trade or give to friends

zroid

Banned
I love how the vast majority of tweets on FS_Gamer's timeline are addressing amiibo related concerns. The thirst is oh-so-real

Stage On

Hello Amiibros

I think it's a combination of them being beloved characters as well as being more then just a mere normal statue toy since they actually unlock stuff in games. Even if what they unlock isn't much it feels like they have added value.

Welcome to the Family Rosalina!

Filling out the back of the Purolator card worked, so thank you to those of you who suggested. The driver returned and left the package at a later time.

This Rosalina was obtained yesterday when a few of us noticed Rosalina sitting in our shopping carts on EBGames.ca from the 30 second sellout madness from the day before where basically all of us missed out on her.

We realized it would let us continue the checkout and payment so we all decided what the hell and went for it not expecting anything to come out of it.

Well I'm happy to say, for me at least, it worked. I realize how lucky and fortunate I am to have her. I would love to know if any of the others have had success, a few others have chimed in but I know there were more of you.

And yes if you are curious, she will be opened. :)

Wow. So it worked out for you. Good stuff. Glad you didn't get a Peach.

Calgary Crossiron Mills report:

TRU: Fucking nothing
EB: Less then fucking nothing, like, not even Bowser.

Sunridge mall BB: N3DS is pretty awesome, fantastic stuff and totally worth the preorder. Got a majora's mask keychain too.

On topic though, so much bowser! If you are looking for Bowser look no further. No Toon Link or Shiek from what I saw.

I just want some nice looking chotchkies of my favorite characters to complement my game collection setup.

Renewed

Hello Amiibros

...So my question is, why are you collecting? Are you using them in SMASH and other games? Are you scalping? What is it about Amiibos, Amiibros? I'm not criticizing the craze in any way, I'm just genuinely curious to know how others feel about this?

I'm collecting them because

(A) I like the thought of training an AI or using it in other games.

(B) I get merch of characters I never thought possible (or maybe I don't look hard enough).

Basically I use them for the fun they provide as well as to collect merch of characters like Shulk or Rosalina. Heck if I can, I'll get an amiibo and figure for characters like Toon Link (need Nendo) and Lucina (preordered Figma, awaiting Amiibo).

Well I'm happy to say, for me at least, it worked. I realize how lucky and fortunate I am to have her. I would love to know if any of the others have had success, a few others have chimed in but I know there were more of you.

I can see my order on ebgames.ca in my Account with the Confirmed status. Haven't received a shipping notification or a cancellation.

Stage On

I love how the vast majority of tweets on FS_Gamer's timeline are addressing amiibo related concerns. The thirst is oh-so-real

I'm glad that they clarified that it should still ship for me since I was starting to freak out a bit but at this point waiting for them to finally ship mine feels like torture, especially with watching other people get there's in.

Don't go by that. It shows nothing at my store. I've been told over and over again by the employees there that that thing is never right and always late to update.

Guess I'm making a trip to Wal-Mart tonight. There better be something there since I hate wasting a trip lol. Still bitter about my toon link. =|

this is my haul for the day some amazon delivers - the Lucario I got from Toys R Us and the Shulk i got from Ebgames the rest from amazon earlier then expected (still have sonic/megaman/dedede/ike coming)

13dd3224bf2a719af5d91d19d573cfb6.png

Clov

Hello Amiibros

I've already collected figures for years, importing from Japan. Amiibos let me get some figures of Nintendo characters I like, and they also have some in-game uses. They're neat!

i-Jest

Hello Amiibros

When I was a child back in the 90's I use to collect transformers. I loved the show. Robots fighting on prehistoric earth in a war that would ultimately affect history as they knew it. I loved the character interactions. I loved the cool gun fight scenes and the drama that ensued. So I was adamant on having the Beast Wars series transformers. I got into that a little late so getting an Optimus Primal or a Megatron was out of the question. Still, I collected my fair share. Where's the correlation with Amiibo's? Well collecting Amiibos gives me that same thirst. That same thrill of the hunt. That same enjoyment of finally having something so sought after. I like the figures of characters I play and play against. For me, having "toys that come to life" is something that appeals to my inner child. Although I'm no longer a child the urge is something I can't ignore. They have the functionality of unlocking things so they're not just sitting pretty in my room.

Hello. :).
Does anyone have any recommendations on where my best bet to score an ike would be?
Thanks for any responses.

http://www.superufo.com/products/wiiu/Nintendo_Wii_U_WIIU_NINTENDO_Amiibo__JAP____IKE.html

Stage On

I collect Skylanders too which I open to display on my shelf's and I'm already running out of room to put them before I even started getting Amiibo so there's no way I could keep the packaging around.

The only reason I haven't opened some yet is because I might have to return them if I don't get the the key figure that ties them all together

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I called up the Scarborough Town Centre EB Games asking when they would get more since I had never received my call to pick up the pre order, and they checked and just happened to have one so they put it aside for me. I should have questioned why they hadn't called me if they had one, but I forgot. D:

Top Bottom